Home Forums Chat Forum Got a nice warm jacket!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Got a nice warm jacket!
  • judy-rockshox
    Free Member

Happy New Year all. I got a new jacket for Christmas and been testing it out. It’s not for biking but a great all rounder. Montane Antifreeze. I got it from Webtogs online and it is extremely light and packable. Now I am a gal that really freezes in winter and I have just walked home from my work at the airport in minus 4degC. I also had on a base layer tee and a Paramo shirt and I was lovely and warm. I really do recommend the Montane if you feel the cold badly. They do it in male and female fit.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Is your name really Judy? I have a friend called Judy, and she has a pair of RS Judy forks on her bike. Likes the fact that the forks have her name on. She hasn’t a a clue about whether or not the forks are any good, mind (original Judy DHs).

If so, hello Judy!

rOcKeTdOg

i remember when judy DH’s were THE forks to have , imagine, 3 ” of elastomer travel with oil cartridge damping, those were the days :)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Judy DH. A downhill fork with 80mm of travel, too extreme for cross country (they were a whopping 65mm)

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

No, I have always used this for my bike stuff, but it’s a long story. However I have been around the block and with MTBing for a long time. I got into it because in the late 80’s when you could at last buy a bike that would fit a small woman which was half decent. No more BSA Shopper with Sturmey Archer for this girl! I got a Raleigh Amazon which was as heavy as hell with 21 speed gears, and in 1995 I got a Spesh Stumpjumper with RS Judy SL’s. Amazing! the bike came with rigid forks for about £899 and then the forks were £500 with about 65mm of travel. From then on the addiction kicked in and there has been no hope for me. I have 4 bikes but the faves have Magura Ronins which I got for an amazing £160 from Evans last summer (apparently an uncollected order)I put them on my Pinnacle Tent Peak and I have a too lovely to get too dirty Merlin Oreas with Manitou R7’s which my gorgeous man built me before he sadly passed away. I am 59 and still up and running and looking forward to semi retirement in October so I can get more time to ride some trails. So to all you 40 somethings out there, keep on keeping on and you will have a great time and meet loads of interesting people along the way.

(My new jacket is nice too!). :oops:

rOcKeTdOg

good for you judy, 59 is no aga at all these days, keep getting radder!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I used to only dream of such things as Judy SLs. The closest I got was a pair of Indy SLs; one of the lightest forks ever made, surely! Bit flexy, but then I weighed even less than I do now.

The DHs were off an abandoned bike I found. They were a bit tatty, but I cleaned them up, and some kind soul off here sorted me a set of new springs and a new top cap adjuster, and they’re fine. Judy likes them, because they go with her bike!

Can’t beat a good jacket. My mum is currently trying to replace the zip on my Mountain Equipment Aquafleece jacket. Superb bit of kit. Sadly, they don’t make them any more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Got a nice warm jacket!’ is closed to new replies.