Viewing 28 posts - 521 through 548 (of 548 total)
  • Giro d’Italia 2023 thread (incl velogames)
  • nbt

Grrr, typed up a LONG post on the phone then lost it because of bloody advert cookie pop ups. Can’t be doing with rewriting it right now but chuffed for Cav. Might do later when have a proper keyboard

stevious

Watch that interview with G when he says he’s on the piss for 2 months and then listen to how he went to every member of Jumbo Visma to congratulate them and you realise he’s not a man who can ever lose. Tell me any sports person whose a better role model and a better personification of how sport should be.

This was already very true, but after today even more so.

easily
    Free Member

Go on Cav you beauty.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Wow….

Got to admit it’s a bit dusty here…

Cav IS a legend & G? Well, a true gent & no mistake. If it’s the last time we see both of them in the peloton then that 180 seconds to the line is a fitting memory of both of their finest attributes. Cav – the best sprinter of all time & G the ultimate team player…even when you’re not on his team!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Bunnyhop

‘G’ helping one of his mates to victory on this stage is the very reason I love this sport so much.
    ‘G’ – “He (Cav) only had Leon Luis Sanchez with him, so I thought I’d help him out”.

Where else can a fan stand at the side of the road and cheer on their athlete sports idols.

I cried and screamed today, happy tears.

fazzini

Geraint Thomas is one of those people I would love to have a beer with in the pub. What a fella. That Cav bloke ain’t too shabby either 😂 The peloton will be a lesser place without them, at least from my perspective.

igm

Nice retirement present from G there.
    👍

Twodogs

The peloton will be a lesser place without them

Geraint Thomas isn’t retiring yet I don’t think…he wants to carry on and is negotiating a new contract, isn’t he? Or has that changed recently?

BruceWee

I’ve been a Cav fan since 2009.

Wouldn’t have called myself a Geraint Thomas fan until today. I really hope he does at least one more Grand Tour so I can properly cheer him on 🙂

cheese@4p

I agree with all the above but how about some congratulations for the deserved winner of the Giro:

Well done Primoz Roglic

fazzini

Geraint Thomas isn’t retiring yet

Was meaning eventually 😂

but how about some congratulations for the deserved winner of the Giro:

Well done Primoz Roglic

100%. When the man stays upright all the way through he’s a machine.

nbt

Cav is retiring though…

Klunk
    Free Member

Bunnyhop

Also congratulations to Thibaut Pinot, the goat man. May you one day win a stage.

FB-ATB

That photo- was that the Borstal Cycling Championship?

t3ap0t
    Free Member

Well done on the velogames victory Bunnyhop. Pretty handy team you had there

igm

Cav is retiring though…

Not just yet though.

#OneMoreTdFStage

Please

dirtyrider
    Free Member

shush

slowoldman

Eh? Surely a 2x system will result in less gaps between gears and ensue a smoother cadence?

Ah yes, I agree. Actually I was thinking about the big sprockets with respect to cadence on that steep TT.

Might not have been a wide narrow front ring?

SRAM website suggests the Red XPLR chainrings are narrow wide.

hightensionline

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ratios

SRAM 10-44 is 10,11,13,15,17,19,21,24,28,32,38,44

Dura-Ace 11-34 is 11-12-13-14-15-17-19*-21*-24*-27*-30*-34*T

on a basis of 44t SRAM & 34t Shimano you get (only doing the top 4 as Roglic was deffo at the top of the cassette)

SRAM – 0.63 – 0.72 – 0.86 – 1
    Shimano – 0.70 – 0.79 – 0.88 – 1

not much in it, but that’s assuming roglic ran a 44, anyone know?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

SRAM website suggests the Red XPLR chainrings are narrow wide.

they all are, even my 52t quarq 1x is narrow wide, it’s dropped a couple of times since I had it, I’ve never ran it during stage 20 of the Giro d’Italia though 🙄

dirtyrider
    Free Member

that can pic of cav is beautiful to see, seen loads of shit about it being a weak sprint, but you have to get your ass round and over the mountains in the final week, he’s crashed how many times? got up, shook it off, been there when other weren’t, chapeau

hightensionline

Absolutely! Haters gonna hate. Cav’s positioning was incredible once he came off G’s tow; his speed of thought to get on the wheel of Gaviria was genius. It’s not just about the legs.

colournoise

His post race interview was great too. Absolutely classic Cav – all at once confrontational, humble and knowingly cheeky.

Bunnyhop

t3ap0t
    Free Member
    Well done on the velogames victory Bunnyhop. Pretty handy team you had there

Thank you.
    Very pleased with my team choice. Even though I lost my sprinter and climber the result was 656 out of 19,349 velogames members.

Cav was magnificent.I really hope he can do well if he’s chosen for Le Tour. Let’s hope Astana has someone as good as ‘G’ to help lead him out (wink).

weeksy

Without being too harsh on Astana here, they don’t seem to have got this Leadout thing even remotely sorted. They hit the front way way early, lose all their men with 4km to go apart from 1 and leave Cav to try and find a wheel. Yesterday they got lucky, other times, not so much.

Viewing 28 posts - 521 through 548 (of 548 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.