Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Ghislane Maxwell arrested
  • MoreCashThanDash

Has the witness gone to the Police or the press?

thols2

Kuco

The judge sees her as a flight risk so denied it, no real surprise but that is one hell of a bail offer though.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Now you know how rich she is. She can afford to lose that and still live out her lifen the run using the money she has access to.

dannyh
    Free Member

She’s believed to have money in all manner of unknown accounts and locations. More than likely she would also receive protection from people in high places who may well be in a little black book or even on film.

There will be all sorts of pressures on the authorities to release her on bail, but if they do, I reckon there is a 80%+ chance she’d disappear into thin air.

crikey
    Free Member

Hmmm, I don’t think she’d be hanging around.

Harry_the_Spider

Waiting for the tragic announcement of her sudden death in a couple of weeks.

thols2

Waiting for the tragic announcement of her sudden death presidential pardon in a couple of weeks.

FTFY

cynic-al
    Free Member

Last two posters have it

convert

presidential pardon in a couple of weeks.

Can you pardon someone who has not yet been proven guilty?

It would be a delicious irony if the reason he has been desperate to hold on to power is to be in place to do the pardoning and prevent her little black book being opened up at ‘T’.

thols2

Can you pardon someone who has not yet been proven guilty?

Apparently, but accepting a pardon is widely viewed as acceptance of guilt. Once you’ve been pardoned, you can be called to testify (by Congress, for example) and you lose the right to refuse to testify on the grounds of self-incrimination (so the theory goes, but Trump is sailing into uncharted waters with his behaviour).

funkrodent

As said above, a presidential pardon is risky for old DT, as acceptance is effectively an admission of guilt, and those pardoned can be compelled to testify, as failure to do so would be contempt. Though of course the penalty for contempt is significantly lower than what she’s currently faced with.

In addition, anything that is being pursued by SDNY will be at state level, not federal, and the orangutan has no authority to offer or issue pardons for state level offences. Which may explain the ham-fisted effort to get rid of the SDNY chief prosecutor..

whytetrash

Same test as was applied to her old man…. if she floats she’s guilty!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

😁
    The night he died I was working in the Red Sea and the boss and I who both had Maxwell connections celebrated by downing a lot of brandy. Asshat.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Ghislane Maxwell arrested’ is closed to new replies.