Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)
  • Ghislane Maxwell arrested
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

All good though, we can trade Sweaty Andy for that woman who ran over the laddie outside the airbase.

A beautiful ray of hope amongst the dismal gloom in this thread ( genuine gloom BTW, not dissing other posters)

If only that could actually happen…. In a parallel non evil universe somewhere, perhaps it could

chrismac

Andy is as safe as houses whatever comes out. His mummy will keep him on the payroll and does anyone think any UK government will agree to his extradition to anywhere. The worst that will happen is that he can’t travel to the USA

frankconway

One of SDNY’s investigations is into Giuliani.
    SDNY have a long standing reputation for acting independently and taking on difficult cases; it’s known to be engrained throughout the organisation so unless trump/barr replaces all of the staff, they will continue as before.
    Don’t forget that trump also fired Preet Bharara who preceded Geoffrey Berman – who was nominated by trump – and, despite what the orange buffoon may have wanted/expected, nothing changed.
    As for why Maxwell stayed in the US, who knows?

martinhutch

As for why Maxwell stayed in the US, who knows?

If she’d headed off abroad in the face of an active investigation, she would be returned via extradition at some point, then potentially classed as a flight risk and incarcerated rather than allowed out under house arrest.

Being in the states allows her to consult with her legal team, and negotiate with the federal authorities, again building a picture of cooperation which might keep her out of a cell.

If she does have significant dirt on someone powerful, the US (outside prison) is a lot safer place to be than pretty much any country, including the UK, as she would be under surveillance by the authorities.

white101

Why did she stay in the states?

Why would she leave? As stated above she has collected enough powerful and wealthy friends to protect her from any charges forthcoming.

I wonder how many people in recent days have left the US on a plane bound for safer locations ala the bin ladens a few years back.

tjagain

UK government will agree to his extradition to anywhere.

IIRC we have signed an extradition treaty with the US that means anyone they ask for we have to send

martinhutch

IIRC we have signed an extradition treaty with the US that means anyone they ask for we have to send

The UK courts have already ruled that diplomatic immunity would be sufficient legal basis to refuse a request, so there’s no question of that.

Requests have to go through the US State Department rather than come directly from prosecuting authorities, so I can’t see one ever being made for the son of the Queen of England!

mehr
    Free Member

The Americans should light a fire and offer up Anne Sacoolas in return

tjagain

Does Randy Andy have diplomatic immunity?

martinhutch

I reckon in they chuck in one of the smaller states – Delaware, or maybe Rhode Island, that would be a sweet enough deal to tempt Her Maj.

He was some kind of nominal Trade Envoy/International Golf Course Inspector at the time, I do believe. Plus he’s a member of the British Royal Family, which would push an extradition request into ‘diplomatic incident’ territory.

If it turns out they do have enough information to charge him with something serious, they should just do it for a laugh.

zippykona

<small class=”bbp-reply-post-date”>Posted 1 hour ago</small>

But I fawt we woz now  a sovrin nayshun.

hols2
    Free Member

Another possibility is that he will be offered a presidential pardon in exchange for full cooperation, on condition that his testimony is sealed. Once someone is pardoned, they no longer have the right to not testify on the grounds of self-incrimination (because they can’t be prosecuted), so they must offer truthful testimony or face a charge of perjury. I also assume that he will not be setting foot outside of Britain for the rest of his life just in case some judge somewhere issues a secret warrant for his arrest.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I think the Ecuadorian Embassy has a spare room at the moment.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If she’d headed off abroad in the face of an active investigation, she would be returned via extradition at some point, then potentially classed as a flight risk and incarcerated rather than allowed out under house arrest.

She’s in a cell and deemed a flight risk:

U.S. Magistrate Judge Andrea Johnstone ordered Maxwell to remain in custody at a brief hearing via videoconference in federal court in New Hampshire, where another of her attorneys, Lawrence Vogelman, did not seek an immediate bail hearing because her lawyers plan to make those arguments after she is transferred to New York.

In a court filing, prosecutors said Maxwell should stay behind bars pending trial because she might flee given her “extensive international ties,” noting she has citizenship in two countries and three passports in her name. Maxwell, 58, faces the possibility of 35 years in prison if convicted and has “absolutely no reason to stay in the United States,” prosecutors argued in the filing.

58! Dear God, I met her when she was 16. Now i feel old.

martinhutch

She’s in a cell and deemed a flight risk:

Certainly at the moment, no lower court judge is going to set bail on such a high profile out of area case – but they can make a much stronger argument for pre-trial house arrest once she gets to a NY court. No attempt to flee the country, when she had the means and opportunity.

I met her when she was 16. Now i feel old.

Did you know Cap’n Bob?

fasthaggis

Had proper LOL moment this morning reading that the matchmaker between Andy and Maxwell, setting things in place for helicopter boy,seems to have been everyone’s infamous, toe sucking children’s author , the one and only Fergie. 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Did you know Cap’n Bob?

I worked at Pergamon Press in the early 70’s. Met Maxwell on a regular basis. At one point for a year Kevin and Ian Maxwell worked at desks next to mine. After I left there a designer I freelanced for had the job of redesigning Ghislane’s bedroom at Headington Hill Hall and I got slightly involved.
    Maxwell was a thoroughly evil person. When his death was announced the publisher of Windsurf mag and I had just arrived in Egypt for a winter test trip. We both heard the news on the World Service and both ran into the corridor to tell the other (he was ex BBC Radio Oxford and had to interview Maxwell far too often).
    I’d taken a bottle of brandy with me and that would normally last two weeks of the test. We finished it in about 2 hours celebrating.

hols2
    Free Member

I got slightly involved.

In her bedroom?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Lordy no. Even if she was 16.

mehr
    Free Member

If you go down the rabbit hole far enough this all started way back with Maxwell allegedly being a spy for mossad

hols2
    Free Member

hugo
    Free Member

I’m not sure the alleged things he was up to count as part of his diplomatic duties…

Northwind

ElShalimo

I don’t understand why she stayed in the US. This story wasn’t going to go away and staying there assures her capture/being found.

I’m just assuming she thought she was protected tbh.

MSP

From what I have seen of the American media, they are making a much bigger deal of links to the Clintons and barely a mention of Trump.

CountZero

Eric Trump tweeted a photo of Chelsea Clinton’s wedding, with Ghislane sitting to one side of the congregation, captioned ‘Birds of a feather’.
    He promptly got spit-toasted by the Twitterati, who posted the photo above showing mum and dad getting very cosy with Epstein and Ghislane. The tweet vanished shortly afterwards.
    It begs the question, just how many young girls of Epstein’s ‘acquaintance’ did Donny grab by the pussy…? 🤔

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL at hols2

Edukator
    Free Member

Donald lies a lot but on one point I think he’s telling the truth. Of Epstein:

It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side

And would be unlikely to draw attention to Esptein’s preferences in a mocking manner if Epstein were capable of turning round and saying you too.

Superficial
    Free Member

And would be unlikely to draw attention to Esptein’s preferences in a mocking manner if Epstein were capable of turning round and saying you too.

I’ve heard that quite though and it definitely doesn’t seem like Trump’s mocking him. In fact it appeared that Trump was more impressed and actually defending Epstein “So he likes younger girls, big whoop, fuhgeddaboutit!”

I hope Maxwell can bring him down as a paedo. That would make her pitiful existence momentarily worthwhile For civilisation.

mehr
    Free Member

She’s caught Corona in jail

crazy-legs

She’s caught Corona in jail

Poorly done satire that article.

tjagain

A “friend” of hers has said she will Not throw Andrew under a bus. Personally I’d throw anyone under a bus to avoid some years in jail

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/04/ghislaine-maxwell-will-not-say-anything-about-prince-andrew-says-friend

mattyfez

So do the bookies have odds on her ‘suiciding’ yet?

maccruiskeen

Personally I’d throw anyone under a bus to avoid some years in jail

Has TJ just outed himself as the Putney Bridge Jogger?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

A lot of people in jail fall down stairs, in to a noose, through a woidchipper and burst into flames. Apparently.

tjagain

Lolz @ maccruiskeen

frankconway

Feds will do everything in their power to ensure she is watched 24/7 in New Hampshire and, more importantly, NYC.
    Given what happened to Epstein (‘allowed’ to commit suicide) and the the little black book she undoubtedly has – in very safe keeping – it would be either…
    a) highly convenient if she died
    or
    b) incredibly troublesome if she died
    The fact it’s SDNY bringing the case, I would be v surprised if she didn’t make it to court and beyond.
    The big question is the extent which she will co-operate.
    Will anything new emerge about her father – that well known bouncing czech who couldn’t swim; unsubstantiated claims to be Mossad agent.
    Favoured daughter who couldn’t live upto her father’s expectations; who knows?

maccruiskeen

tthew

Everyone in that picture wishes they were with someone younger

There’s a strange echo in here!

(stealth edit makes me look random)

lamp
    Free Member

She’ll conveniently die of Covid before the trial!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Ghislane Maxwell arrested’ is closed to new replies.