Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Ghislane Maxwell arrested
  • Moses

It seems that her arrest involved a lot of cops and noise. Why, do you think?
    If she was going to destroy anything incriminating it’s have been done months ago.
    So- big production for the media? Or so that no one cop could be bribed into being trigger-happy?

mehr
    Free Member

Shock and awe, their main goal now is to break her (I should imagine)

nickc

It seems that her arrest involved a lot of cops and noise. Why, do you think?

It’s how they roll in the states, they love a televised Perp walk.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BillMC

Skullduggery theory from a US radio presenter:

Superficial
    Free Member

A 20 minute video posted without any real comment? INWATS.

MSP

I think this is now being set-up for the prince of golf, the president of golf and the ex-president of funny tasting cigars, to take the public’s wrath, while the masters of wall street and the city, who don’t normally crave publicity will get to keep their secrets.

hols2
    Free Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/19/esther-salas-fedex-shooting/

She’s been on the bench for recent cases involving the Grape Street Crips, according to NJ Advance Media, a gang charged with running a drug trafficking operation. Salas has more recently taken on a lawsuit brought by Deutsche Bank investors alleging the bank failed to follow its anti-money-laundering policies by taking on “high-risk” clients including Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted sex offender, the AP reported.

trifoster
    Free Member

She will go to trial. Won’t take the stand and get a long sentence.

She will take one for the ‘team’ because what she has to lose is more important to her than 10-15 years in jail.

mehr
    Free Member

Could be absolute bullshit but nothing surprises me anymore. Anyone who keeps up with American politics will realise how wild this is

martinhutch

Jacob wohl getting done for witness intimidation would be funny though.

kimbers

I do wonder if the BBC are sidelining Andrew Neil

Because they’re worried about another Savile scandal

I’m not sure on if he’s commented on why he’s in Epsteins black book

kimbers

Toby Young on the other hand has been saying he had no idea how he’s ended up in Epsteins address book

Toby Young

Toby Young

frankconway

Judging by the photo of brillo pad, you’ve been reading old copies of Private Eye; they haven’t used it for some time.
    As for the ‘black book’ Epstein is likely to have had one of his staff keep a record of anyone in any way influential he met; I wouldn’t read much into that.
    Much more (potentially) incriminating will be what maxwell has stashed away.

tjagain

My bet is Maxwell will spill the beans in entirety in exchange for a lessor sentence – otherwise she is going away for a very long time indeed.

MoreCashThanDash

She will take one for the ‘team’ because what she has to lose is more important to her than 10-15 years in jail.

She’s going to have to hand over a LOT of information to get away with a sentence that short!

frankconway

I think the US media were talking in terms of 35 years; at her age that’s, effectively, a life sentence.

maccruiskeen

Jacob wohl getting done for witness intimidation would be funny though.

Top marks to the FBI if they arrest him just as he’s leaving a hipster coffee shop.

frankconway
    batfink
    Free Member

During his presser trump wished her well; why?

Agreed – even for somebody as unpredictable in front of a mic as Trump, that seems like a peculiar message. There were probably a thousand things he could say that doesn’t sound like a message of support for an alleged sex trafficker.

Makes me think like he’s trying to either get, or keep her on-side.

Arguably, there is no better time for her to try to negotiate – she (likely) has dirt on an incumbent president who is desperately fighting to get re-elected – she’s never going to be in a stronger position than this.

I guess we’ll see if it’s Bill Clinton that’s the headline name (with a greatly reduced sentence for GM, or even a presidential pardon)….. or The Donald.

Or, maybe Trump just said whatever popped into his head, and it doesn’t mean anything. Hilarious that it’s 50:50 whether something is a symptom of Trump being a hideous human being, or just as dumb as a brick. I guess these days we can add mental impairment to that.

mehr
    Free Member

Vic Berger nails it, as usual

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe he was sending a thinly veiled threat? Does seem utterly bizarre, even by his standards

nickc

Trump being a hideous human being, or just as dumb as a brick.

Both. And.

He says the first thing that comes out of his mouth – which is the same thing that first comes into his head

BillMC

^^Escher could have illustrated that perfectly

akira

The trump fans are going with him being a spy for the good guys and helping put away many paedophile rings over the years, so he’s in no danger then…..

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Maybe he was sending a thinly veiled threat?

It did sound like something that a (camp, overweight/overindulged) mafia boss might say to an old ‘friend’ whose days are numbered.

trifoster
    Free Member

She’s going to have to hand over a LOT of information to get away with a sentence that short!

Jail time can be a lot different than the sentence!

She isn’t dead and she didn’t run. The real deal has already been negotiated.

This story is one which isn’t going away. Killing her won’t make it go away. As we have already seen. Therefore somebody has to pay for the story to die. While she is alive she is that person.

From watching the documentary series all his properties had extensive CCTV coverage. There is no doubt there is footage of prominent people having sex with people who are most likely underage.

How influential are those people and how easily can they control the sentence she will get? Trump’s President so we know the answer to those questions.

The deal offered has to be the best option. Tell her 10 years in jail knowing it will be 15. But by the time she realises that she’s stuffed. Come out to millions. You still have a life. Maybe drop a few names which helps the architect’s of the situation. Or we kill you and destroy your family by exposing all your families secrets.

She’s from ‘good stock’ i.e. rich and as crocked as the rest of them. So she can be trusted to do what has to be done.

Anyway, that’s my two pence.

mehr
    Free Member

Double post

mehr
    Free Member

This is big

Article on the mystery parties

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

So big that nothing remotely useful or just will be allowed to happen? That big?

MSP

So the documents have been unsealed, except that all the names not already publicly known have been redacted.

nickc

court documents allege underage girl forced to have sex with Prince Andrew.

I, for one, am totally surprised by this revelation, didn’t see that coming…

MoreCashThanDash

Are they alleging she was underage at the time she had sex with him? That depends on the age of consent wherever the sex took place presumably?

I’m not trying to denigrate the awfulness of the crimes, but seems to be a lot people here determined to have Andrew down for underage sex, but if it is the main accuser and she was 15 when Epstein got his evil hooks into her, that technicality may be lost?

frankconway

MCTD – alleged offences were on the US Virgin Islands (that’s ironic).

Virgin Islands (United States)
    See also: Ages of consent in the United States

The age of consent is 18. There is however a close-in-age exemption that allows minors 16 and 17 years old to consent with someone no more than five years older than themselves and minors 13 to 15 years old to consent with one another, but not with anyone 16 or over.

Article § 1700. Aggravated rape in the first degree bans sexual intercourse or sodomy with a child under 13. Sexual acts with minors are aggravated by the use of force, intimidation, or the perpetrator’s position of authority, and by the fact that the minor, being under 16 and not the perpetrator’s spouse, is residing in the same household as the perpetrator.(see Article § 1700, Article § 1702, Article § 1708).

Other relevant articles of the criminal code are:

§ 1702. Rape in the second degree

(a) Any person over 18 years of age who perpetrates under circumstances not amounting to rape in the first degree, an act of sexual intercourse or sodomy with a person not the perpetrator’s spouse who is at least 16 years but less than 18 years of age, and the perpetrator is 5 years or older than the victim, is guilty of rape in the second degree and shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years.

§ 1703. Rape in the third degree

Any person under 18 years of age but over 16 years of age who perpetrates an act of sexual intercourse or sodomy with a person not the perpetrator’s spouse who is under 16 years of age but over 13 years of age, under circumstances not amounting to rape in the first degree, is guilty of rape in the third degree and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Family Division of the Superior Court

“Sexual contact”, that is, non-penetrative sex, defined as “the intentional touching of a person’s intimate parts, whether directly or through clothing, to arouse or to gratify the sexual desires of any person” is not permitted with children under 16, but a close-in-age exemption allows those aged at least 13 to engage in such acts with partners under 18.

§ 1708. Unlawful sexual contact in the first degree

A person who engages in sexual contact with a person not the perpetrator’s spouse— (..)(2) when the other person is under thirteen years of age;

§ 1709. Unlawful sexual contact in the second degree

A person over eighteen years of age who engages in sexual contact with a person not the perpetrator’s spouse who is over thirteen but under sixteen years of age is guilty of unlawful sexual contact in the second degree and shall be imprisoned not more than 1 year Paraphrasing Virgin Islands Code: V.I.C. § 1700-1709 Virgin Islands Code and appeals records Francis vs. VI NOTE: “mistake of fact as to the victim’s age is not a defense”.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for that, I have tried to avoid following it in too much lurid detail so hadn’t got that much useful info to start checking

MSP

The thing is with “diplomatic immunity” is that it is there to protect those working in the diplomatic positions, of government and support staff, from undue pressure from trumped up charges. Between friendly nations it should not be abused to protect criminals and slime balls from justice and the punishment their actions deserve.

In the case of Prince Andrew, with the allegations before him and many other powerful people he could and should incriminate, his immunity should be withdrawn. We should be putting pressure on our politicians to ensure that he answers to the law just like any other person. Just like when Dominic Cummings breached lock down, there needs to be a mass email/mail campaign to demand his royal privilege doesn’t allow protection from justice when such horrible crimes have been committed.

Remember when the head of the IMF was accused of groping a maid in a hotel. That was deemed a credible enough accusation for his immunity to be withdrawn, in this case the allegations are worse, systematic over time and even more credible, he must be handed over to the investigating authorities whether he likes it or not.

kilo

The thing is with “diplomatic immunity” is that it is there to protect those working in the diplomatic positions, of government and support staff, from undue pressure from trumped up charges. Between friendly nations it should not be abused to protect criminals and slime balls from justice and the punishment their actions deserve.

In the case of Prince Andrew, with the allegations before him and many other powerful people he could and should incriminate, his immunity should be withdraw

He doesn’t have diplomatic immunity, nor is he the sovereign so he can’t claim immunity under that. He has no overarching immunity from criminal proceedings in the uk and presumably could be subject to normal extradition practices (IANAL). Probably a nonce though.

FB-ATB

(IANAL). Probably a nonce though

Are you saying you’re not a lawyer, but are probably a nonce?

kilo

Ha ha good point, I’m definitely not a nonce or a lawyer

dyna-ti

New witness further incriminating Prince Andrew, but still no direct action from the police.

King or pauper, the law affects us all. God alone knows how they’re going to get out of this one. That’s an International arrest warrant level situation.

Payment of blood money in the offing ?, one of those admit nothing type settlements.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Ghislane Maxwell arrested’ is closed to new replies.