Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 179 total)
  • Gggglllaastooooooo 2019
  • andylaightscat
    Free Member

“Is there anything more tragic than middle class white girls singing and dancing to Stormzy”

Not ever the most diverse crowd at Glastonbury

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thought his Union Jack Flack Jacket quite a poignant statement.

Not a massive fan of his style, but a great performance 🕺

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DAVE!!

colournoise

Not the biggest grime fan, but hugely appreciating the thought and effort that’s gone into this set. Clever guy artistically, commercially and culturally. Some storming moments (sorry), and some bits of real beauty. Particularly loved the gang sign/gun/blessing symbolism.

Reckon UK urban music might just truly have come of mainstream age.

somafunk

Is there anything more tragic than middle class white girls singing and dancing to Stormzy?!

You commentating on it certainly trumps it for me. 👍

colournoise

Also. Best Glasto rap set? Showing Jay Z and Kanye how it’s done?

tails
    Free Member

The flak jacket was a great idea. Kinda think his energy was better in 2017. Wish he’d bring on skepta. Shame he didn’t give a nod to mike skinner.

Sunday on the other stage looks a decent enoughlisten.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

One of the best headlines I can remember in recent years. That was **** awesome. Hard to believe at 25, he’s an elder statesman of U.K. Grime. And to echo @colournoise, the whole set was so well thought out and performed impeccably.

But yeah, he smashed that.

athgray
    Free Member

I only saw the last 10 mins flicking through the channels. I love hip hop but grime isn’t my thing, however it looked impressive and there certainly seemed to be a great atmosphere.

taxi25
    Free Member

Is there anything more tragic than middle class white girls singing and dancing to Stormzy?!

Why ? Stormzy was great, I didn’t know some social economic groups were excluded from enjoying his performance. I’m sure he’s perfectly happy for his art to be appreciated by everyone.

BoardinBob

Was that Sam Smith in Stormzys backing choir???

rOcKeTdOg

I thought the wombats were good, Sheryl crow was awful. Fontaines were just brilliantly mad.

theotherjonv

Is there anything more tragic than middle class white girls singing and dancing to Stormzy

Telling black girls they can’t be ballerinas?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Looking forward to the Cure. Really weak line up in general though compared to other years. A pity I never had this weather when at Download a few weeks back!

tails
    Free Member

Why ? Stormzy was great, I didn’t know some social economic groups were excluded from enjoying his performance. I’m sure he’s perfectly happy for his art to be appreciated by everyone.

He’s from Croydon it’s hardly Mogadishu. Plenty of white fome down there from super rich to super poor.

sparksmcguff

My god some of you are miserable. Suns out, there’s some good music and some music you might not enjoy so much. Folk are having fun. And that’s great.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It appears that Stormzy’s vest was a Banksy. 😀

Northwind

Stormzy was pretty damn good. Frank Turner’s been busy, I make it at least 4 performances plus a book reading.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Not what it was.

It’s become a generic gentrified cheese fest. It’s too cheap, they should double ticket prices each year, just because they can!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not what it was.

😭

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not what it was.

Sure, like back in the 90’s when my wife used to climb over the fences to get in… sleep in an open field and get bottles of piss thrown all over the crowd..

Eat rank overpriced food, drink cider out of plastic bottle and get hassled by perverts.

Yeah, bring back those days eh?

Weirdo.

At least teenagers can go now without feeling like they’ll get assaulted.

And middle aged IT Gurus feel like they’re back in the days when they used to enjoy “bopping” and forgetting for 30mins about the families they’ve left in the children’s play areas..

Enjoy it, 200,000 people there look like they’re enjoying it.

csb

BBC having a mare here, Neneh Cherry is dire on one channel, and Janet Jackson is embarrassing on the other. Rock and roll.

Drac

I think Janet’s mic is switched off.

Northwind

I’d rather be at a festival that’s not what it was, watching Stormzy with a load of middle class white girls, than be on the internet having a moan.

And seriously, I really like moaning on the internet so that’s a big deal

cloudnine
    Free Member

Liam Gallagher.. just sounds like bad karaoke.

burgatedicky

Yep, Liam has become a bit of a parody of himself!

Drac

He’s always been shit but Burgatedicky has it, now just a parody of himself.

jimw
    Free Member

I was channel surfing and thought it was Angelos Epithemiou on stage.
    Just turned over as in my opinion he isn’t very good really

kayak23

Was Janet miming some of that?.🤔

NZCol

I once had a punch up with Liam G at Universal studios in LA. Long story. He’s still a ****.

fatmax

@NZCol – we need more info. And hope you gave him a hiding 🤣🤣

kayak23

I watched oasis in Coventry uni once. I was freaked out the whole gig, thinking Liam was giving me evils.

I think I just happened to be stood in his stare spot though..

tails
    Free Member

At least with liam, when him and Noel reconcile, oasis will sound the same.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The love for anything oasis has never been strong here to be fair.

CheesybeanZ

Brandon doing a shite karaoke version of the Killers.

somafunk

I want to see Kate Tempest and Idles face off with the entire 160,000 +/- members of the Tory party…..Boris or Jeremy as our next unelected prime minister?…………yeah, that’ll be **** right!……bring it on….time for change.

sigh….😒…….if only it was so easy

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Brandon doing a shite karaoke version of the Killers.

How original. Impressed you thought that up all by yourself.

rOcKeTdOg

Well if there is only one good thing about the coverage it’s that I’ve discovered Sharon van Etten.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I ain’t a fan of the killers, and maybe it’s a location situation but he has that huge crowd in the palm of his hand and I truly wish I was there with my daughter right now! Big respect from the wrightys!

wrightyson
    Free Member

O and did someone mention frank Turner? Be seeing him at a cheeky very small venue on Thursday night. No karaoke allowed 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘Gggglllaastooooooo 2019’ is closed to new replies.