Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 179 total)
  • Gggglllaastooooooo 2019
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Well if there is only one good thing about the coverage it’s that I’ve discovered Sharon van Etten

Agreed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well if there is only one good thing about the coverage it’s that I’ve discovered Sharon van Etten.

I’ve got her to look forward to at Green Man this year. I dunno, I guess I’m missing something as all my fellow travellers are creaming themselves over her playing but I just don’t get her. Maybe it’ll be good seeing her live. Massively underwhelmed by the Green Man line-up this year. Father **** John **** Misty my arse. 😀☹️

tails
    Free Member

Killers suit the big stage. A bit “American” but I think it’s good.

Denis99
    Free Member

Killers, excellent

winston
    Free Member

Both the headliners this year have been superb. For the first time in about 20 years I wish I’d gone.

goldfish24

Kurt vile and Sharon van Etten are long time favourites of mine, so it was a tough choice on the live stream as they were on at the same time. Figured Sharon more likely to deliver the ‘wow’ factor and I wasn’t wrong, cracking set, was hoping she might win some new fans with that performance as it seems she has ^.

Enjoying killers now, not in the least ashamed to admit its jolly good fun, very well performed and Ronnie’s always fun to watch on drums.

NJA

Been out had beer. Come home turned TV on, Killers are really good. Sometimes life is just that simple.

Scamper
    Free Member

Looking forward to a bit of Hot Chip at 11pm.

Drac

**** yeah!

somafunk

Chem Bro’s doing it for me, much as I love hot chip & a bath full of ecstasy pretty much anytime of day I’m in a chem bros attitude at the moment

samcamsdad

Chemical brothers absolutely awesome again!

goldfish24

Over on the killers Saturday night entertainment show it’s gone a bit Vegas but f@&k it it’s great!

theotherjonv

brilliant!

I’m kind of embarrassed to admit I’m still a massive Smiths fan, given Morrissey’s descent into being the worlds first vegan gammon, but the songs and guitaring still stand up!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Killers set was brilliant… Must have been incredible for both them and the crowd.
    I remember last the time they played the pyramid stage and I thought the sound was a bit lacking (could have just been the TV production) – Def not the case this time!!

colp

Hot Chip – Sabotage !

Northwind

wrightyson

I ain’t a fan of the killers, and maybe it’s a location situation but he has that huge crowd in the palm of his hand and I truly wish I was there with my daughter right now!

I really don’t like the Killers. But my brother made me go and watch them when they headlined T in the Park in 2007 and it was absolutely magical. Every so often I watch the video Exitlude/redoing the back half of When You Were Young and it still gets me, and that was like 12 years ago. I hate them for it but it’s probably my best festival moment.

(though I will deny it if anyone ever asks. Definitely not as good as the Foos at Reading man, or System of a Down in a lightning storm at Donington, or firewalking during the riots at Leeds…)

Ambrose

‘Killers set was brilliant… Must have been incredible for both them and the crowd.’ Too right. Chemical Bros looked on top form from the glimpses I’ve seen/ heard.

Scamper
    Free Member

Hot Chip Sabotage made up for them not doing Dancing in the Dark 😂

colp

Gutted I’m not there, but what a choice to make, Killers, Hot Chip, Chemical Brothers or the Wu

Nico
    Free Member

You must be as old as Hawkwind! 😆

Hurry on Sundown (actually I’ve never seen Hawkwind but did see the Pink Fairies at Canterbury Tech refectory when I was a student there).

I had no intention of watching “Glasto” on the telly-box but accidentally ended up watching quite a bit. Loads of surprises for me – Janet Jackson quite entertaining and Neneh Cherry pretty dull, for instance. It’s all very slick with lots of well-rehearsed dancers and session musician backing though. A long way from Stacia, or even Bez.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Yesterday I turned on the tellybox (not a common activity for me) and Low were playing. It was wonderful, for one song, then they cut to something else and I switched the tellybox off again.

edit: the whole set is on the iplayer. sweet.

tenfoot

I watched Fontaines DC and Mattiel on the iPlayer last night. Both very strong sets. Gonna check out Interpol and Sharon Van Etten later. Radio 6 have been playing her stuff for a while and if anyone saw The OA on Netflix, you might recognise her as she played Rachel.

Drac

Chemical Brothers on loud now thanks to iPlayer.

🕺🏽

jam-bo

Saw them trying out that set at eden on fri night. Was proper good.

kelvin

Wow. All the closing acts last night were amazing. And still The Cure to come…

myti
    Free Member

Pleased to have discovered the talents of Georgia on Fridays coverage. Turns out she’s one of Leftfields daughters. A one woman band and i have now downloaded some of her stuff and will look out for her live.

somafunk

Not sure what my fav set has been so far?…too many to choose a favourite from…….Jon Hopkins…..Chem Bros……Hot Chip……Idles…….Fontaines DC, at the moment id have to say Kate Tempests set from last night is up there as it kept me transfixed throughout – she’s a bloody genius.

Worst set i’ve had the misfortune to hear?, that has to go to George Ezra, just what the **** is the point of his anodyne **** drivel……and his voice?….ARGHHHHHHHHH………. just make it **** stop….i’ll admit to anything…..for the love of god just shut the **** up.

Pauly

Thought Tame Impala were excellent

RicB

Anyone else think Kylie is miming?

bikebouy
    Free Member

In her interview she said “i’m shitting myself”

🤩

RicB

Weird- sounded like she was for the first few but then definitely live

richardkennerley

Pauly

Thought Tame Impala were excellent

Yep. My three year old agrees with you as well. She particularly liked elephant. She says we’ll go and watch them tomorrow, she’ll sing the song and I’ll wave the flag 😎

senorj

Nice one somafunk you are doing it properly. Weljel.👍😉
    Anyway Kate Tempest for pm imo.
    She is amazing. Jon Hopkins has upped his game and I totally agree about mr Ezra. I’m sure his mother loves him.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Anyone else think Kylie is miming?

I think the sound production have screwed up + her mike doesn’t appear to be right. Result was it sounded hashed. Got better as it went along though

binners

Miley Cyrus was lucky not have some buggers eye out! 😳 she’s, erm… moved on a bit since my daughters were watching her as Hannah Montana, hasn’t she? She can sing though. Way better than Kylie.

Anyone else having problems with getting the BBCred button menus up on their Skybox. I really wanted to watch Mavis Staples but it’s not having any of it

slackalice
    Free Member

Miley’s dad looks in good nick…

Northwind

The whole Black Mirror becomes reality thing is confusing.

tenfoot

Anyone else having problems with getting the BBCred button menus up on their Skybox. I really wanted to watch Mavis Staples but it’s not having any of it

Yeah it’s useless this year. I’ve been using iPlayer.

bigdean

Jeff Goldblum doing Jazz piano, perfect sunny sunday evening…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah it’s useless this year. I’ve been using iPlayer.

This.

Red buttons been given the red flag I reckon.

Jeff… now that’s another artist I wanted to see.

I’ve still got four artists on my list to catch up with 👍👍

Got to love the variety.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘Gggglllaastooooooo 2019’ is closed to new replies.