Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 179 total)
  • Gggglllaastooooooo 2019
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I ain’t going, I ain’t never been, I probably will never go.

I do like watching the coverage though.

Not a massive fan of Kylie 🙄

Lauren Hill though 👍👍👍👊 first time in Yonks she’s back on stage… I’m hoping she’s going to be awesome.

🥳

the-muffin-man

The tumbleweed on this thread just shows how exciting this years line-up is! 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ah well.

🤷‍♂️

senorj

I went a lot in the 90’s. I do miss it but there’s too many folk for me to handle these days. My brother is going ,5th year on the trot.tame impala and Kate tempest would be high on my list.

DezB
    Free Member

Kylie and Miley, woop. Least its not Rick **** Astley I suppose.

Not something that I would go to even if I had £100s to burn anyway.

DezB
    Free Member

Isn’t Liam Gallagher the headliner too? Christ. Really not about decent music is it.

trumpton
    Free Member

looking fowards to watching the coverage.

RustySpanner

Looking forward to seeing Kylie. 🙂

A note from your mum if you disagree.

A quick look on the website, it just keeps going.
    Maybe I’m easily pleased, but there’s loads I’d like to see, so many different places and quality everywhere.

And Hawkwind. 🙂

On TV.
    Not sure I fancy being there. My mind loves the idea…

We go to a small farmyard weekender, pretty local, invite and mates of mates.
    Couple of hundred people and a dozen or so bands. Thats about enough for me these days 🙂

richardkennerley

Not sure who else is on but I saw Tame Impala t’other night and it was awesome so I’m looking forward to watching their set. Think they headline the other stage on Friday but could be wrong.

RustySpanner

As a proud Mancunian, I’d crawl over broken glass to get out of earplug distance of Liam.
    Or Noel.
    On their own, or even worse, together.

DezB
    Free Member

Tent city the size of Colchester… What fun.

Drac

Kylie is amazing live such a performer.

CountZero

Kate tempest would be high on my list.

Saw Kate at Greenman a couple of years ago, she was amazing, and I didn’t have to struggle across the equivalent of the city of York to see everyone playing there.
    I can’t think of anyone still alive and playing who I’d be prepared to put up with Glastonbury to see, tbh.

Tent city the size of Colchester… What fun.

Colchester is 122,000, York is 198,000, so closest to the population of Glastonbury Festival. Which is even worse. Sod that!

Northwind

Never done glastonbury but camping at festivals is pretty amazing. I mean, we’ve ended up with allsorts, medical emergencies and fights and thefts and deranged security and all that but even the fact that it sort of holds together for 4 days is incredible. Shame we’ll never again have the glory days of Reading/Leeds enthusiastically selling you firewood so that you can turn the last night into armageddon.

llama

Failed to get tickets for the first time ever. And the weather is glorious. Hope they all get sun stroke ;

Who gives a toss about the lineup; TV only shows you the boring bits you know.

DezB
    Free Member

Saw Kate at Greenman a couple of years ago, she was amazing

If we’re doing that, I saw her supporting Scroobius Pip at the Wedgewood Rooms. She stood on the dance floor in front of me and rapped. She was pretty good. Her new material is better, but sod being in a crowd of 20million to watch something pretty good.

Nico
    Free Member

I’d rather spend the weekend at Robert Dyas. Glastonbury has been going downhill since I was last there in 1971.

bikebouy
    Free Member

🤣

DezB
    Free Member

since I was last there in 1971.

You must be as old as Hawkwind! 😆

DezB
    Free Member

I couldn’t go on Saturday anyway – the dilemma of whether to see the Proclaimers or Debate: How Do We Put Brexit Britain Back Together would literally kill me.

racefaceec90

DezB don’t diss the proclaimers or i will find where you live and play some gods awful mumford & sons covers on a banio at 3 am outside your house (and i don’t know how to play either mumford songs or the banjo 😀

in all seriousness i do like the proclaimers (I’m sorry 😤

DezB
    Free Member

Crazy fool 😀

(I did see them live once, but that was in about 198blah!)

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Kylie was on the news last night.. shes starting to look a lot like Jackie Stallone.

doris5000

Who gives a toss about the lineup; TV only shows you the boring bits you know.

this – Glasto is ace and if you watch the headliners you’re doing it wrong. 7 or 8 years ago I found a stage up the back of the greenfields that you had to access by crawling through a tunnel. Inside was about 35 people watching/interrupting/heckling some strange comedy/theatre/music show that felt more like a house party.

Went looking for it at the last one, couldn’t find it anywhere!

binners

How many drugs had you done when you found this mysterious tunnel Doris? 😀

Glasto is ace and if you watch the headliners you’re doing it wrong.

This.

Surely nobody wants to spend Saturday evening watching the Killers? People didn’t even want to do that in 2006. The joy of Glastonbury is that there will be a massive amount of considerably preferable alternatives available a quick stroll away

doris5000

How many drugs had you done when you found this mysterious tunnel Doris?

er, let’s just say ‘some’. 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looking down the set list does show the variety of acts they put on though doesn’t it.

I see  Kylie is on at 5pm’ish.. so Lauryn, which means there’s is quite a large spread of talent..

Does it also mean that after they’ve finished its time for us oldies to head off to bed 🤣🤯🥴

somafunk

Yeah I’ll be watching it over the weekend along with dipping into my festival survival party pack containing weed,  shrooms, MDMA and a g of decent C, I can’t imagine it’ll do my MS any good but then again i’m totally **** with this heat anyway so i may as well be **** sat on my arse with a stupid grin on my face listening to jon hopkins, chem bros, seth troxler, darren emerson etc…etc…TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandwich

The Charlatans appeared to be a Trev and Simon tribute act this evening. (You whippersnappers ask your parents or Google them). 🙂

Ambrose

My son is running the Summerhouse in the Theater and Circus district, as well as casting an eye over Nexus. He’s having a great time.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

It’s been pretty loud so far (we live 4 miles from the site).

Lots of our friends are there, either working or as punters, but I think if I went I’d want to come home each night; the toilets are so bad I avoided taking a shit for 5 days the last time I was there, and it’s impossible to get any sleep – alright for one night, but by the fourth day you’re half dead.

JP

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jorja Smith, on now..

RnB tabulous 👍

Swelper
    Free Member

Poor line up in my opinion. Nothing excites my.

Maybe a sign of the times for unsigned bands and a big shift in how music is represented

simondbarnes

The Charlatans appeared to be a Trev and Simon tribute act this evening.

Were they swinging their pants?

tenfoot

the toilets are so bad I avoided taking a shit for 5 days the last time I was there

We used to eat very stodgy food to help delay the inevitable. After arriving on Thursday, used to make it until sometime on Saturday. Thoroughly unpleasant experience.

tenfoot

I reckon it’s a pretty good line up:-

Jon Hopkins
    Mattiel
    Fontaines DC
    Pip Blom
    Idles
    Interpol
    Slow Tai
    Loyle Carner
    And even Billie Eillish

would be amongst my must sees

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Stormzy killing it.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is there anything more tragic than middle class white girls singing and dancing to Stormzy?!

Caught a few bits and bobs….. Idles, pretty awful I thought. Wombats….meh. Charlatans…..truly embarrassing, like an old pub band. George Ezra, pretty dull…..his brass section were pretty shonky too. Two Door Cinema Club, I heard one song….one of the worst things that I’ve ever heard!

Janelle Monae on Sunday evening should be worth a watch.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is there anything more tragic than middle class white girls singing and dancing to Stormzy?!

Yes. Obvious answer is obvious.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘Gggglllaastooooooo 2019’ is closed to new replies.