Home Forums Chat Forum getting rid of mice

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • getting rid of mice
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

anyone have experience of getting rid of a mouse infestation? i’d prefer to not have to kill them but i don’t know how effective those live traps are… plus, if we’ve located the ingress should we just block it up straight away too?
    or should i leave it all to the pros?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Napalm

xherbivorex
    Free Member

useful as ever, CFH. thanks.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Get the Israeli Defence Force in they will bomb the mice out of existence turning your house into a pile of rubble and tell you its your fault for supporting the mice.

The few remaining young mice will grow up into wild eyed fanatical terrorist mice who will go around suicide pooing in your food cupboard and weeing in the cutlery drawer.

Oops wrong thread :-)

geoffj

Block up the holes, lay some traps – job done.
    If they come back, get a cat or two.

Bruce

We have recently caught 120 odd mice using a trapman live trap it work very well with peanut butter for bait.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I wouldn’t lose sleep over killing them – if you let them free they will findtheir way back in and soon be gnawing through pipes, electrical wiring etc. Just pt some poison down (it dehydrates them so they leave the house to their fave water supply then die). Traps are messy and mean facing the dead squished feckers.

Biffer
    Free Member

Get rid of the buggers as soon as you can – they breed worse than rabbits so before you know it you will be unrun by them. Block up holes put traps downs whatever you need !

Oh BTW I am actually a mouser lover as I have pet mice as well – lol

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No point in using live traps – what are you going to do with the mice once you catch them? Kill them? Release into the wild – they wil die or return to someones house. Block up entry points if you can, remove whatever food source they are after – check your cupboards for what they are eating. ( we had mice but once we removed the food source they stopped coming in. they were after breakfast cereal!¨

A cat is the best way IMO

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well i wasnt gonna just release them right outside our house; the plan is to take them round to hora’s and let them go.
    but yeah, i’ll block up the hole later (1″ gap round the kitchen sink overflow outlet pipe) and see how that goes.
    as for food supply, there seemed to be crumbs from the toaster down behind the fridge, so we vacc’ed all round there last night. all bread/cereal/grains/pulses etc are in airtight jars or metal containers so that should be okay. the remnants of the xmas chocolate will get sealed up in tupperware later on (there’s no opened packs anyway). they’ve not got into the cupboards and we don’t keep food anywhere other than the high up wall mounted cupboards anyway…

sofatester
    Free Member

AMM’s

(anti mice mines)

Bruce

Our mice were wood mice, not house mice, they came in via the cat flap, don’t kill them get a humane trap.

Richie_B

“We have recently caught 120 odd mice using a trapman live trap it work very well with peanut butter for bait
    You sure you didn’t catch one mouse 120 times?
    Exterminate them Kill them all
    (Oh yes and block the hole up first or your wasting your time (Recently completed the annual cull using a mixture of peanut butter/chocolate spread baited traps)

Offroading
    Free Member

MTFU and kill them with traps.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘getting rid of mice’ is closed to new replies.