Home Forums Chat Forum Get rid of your gift vouchers from vunerable shops ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Get rid of your gift vouchers from vunerable shops ?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

I see Zavvi, now in administration, has a sign up saying no gift vouchers from them will be honoured at all.

If you have any vouchers from any other vunerable shops, it might be worth using them asap or you might end up loosing the money invested in them.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Why can they refuse them as they are paid for? I would kick off bike time if I had any that would not be honoured!

SSP

Jamie
    Free Member

Singlespeedpunk – Member

Why can they refuse them as they are paid for? I would kick off bike time if I had any that would not be honoured!

SSP

Bikes on the brain eh?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

they’ll be wanting cash in tills..

Often vouchers are sold but then aren’t redeemed for a long period of time. In a similar way they don’t like to give refunds, they’d prefer a credit note as a lot of people don’t bother spending them.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/4008490.Colchester__Troubled_store_refuses_to_accept_vouchers/

You can write to the ‘joint administrators’ for a refund, and hope they give you one!

W*nkers!

Hugh-Jarse
    Free Member

If you have vouchers from a company in administration or receivership you are a creditor and have to get in line with the rest of the creditors.

As in all these cases HMRC and the banks get first dibs on any money and the people who hold vouchers are last

matthewjb
    Free Member

in all these cases HMRC … get first dibs on any money and the people who hold vouchers are last

I don’t think HMRC does anymore. They have to queue with the rest of the creditors. Possibly the only popular piece of legislation Labour have introduced.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Get rid of your gift vouchers from vunerable shops ?’ is closed to new replies.