Home Forums Chat Forum Gaza

Viewing 4 posts - 1,721 through 1,724 (of 1,724 total)
  • Gaza
  • ernielynch

Thanks for taking the time to explain Irish history

How is pointing that the conditions which caused the Irish famine in 1850 no longer exist today “explaining” Irish history? Where does that come from?

It is a simple observation and has nothing at all to do with explaining history.

Likewise pointing out that there is currently a famine going on in Gaza isn’t explaining Palestinian history, it is an observation.

Any chance of a half-sensible discussion over what is a truly tragic and horrendous situation?

dyna-ti

Well there’s a classic anti-Semitic statement , even if Kissinger did say it, although I suspect that he might have said it in jest.`

Ironic you should think that Earnie, because he also said that “if not for an accident of birth, I(he) would be antisemitic”

ernielynch

Yes I did know about the “if it wasn’t for an accident of birth” comment. Kissinger was a deeply unpleasant war criminal, I don’t really value his views on anything, whether they are said in jest or not.

But that “there is a reason why Jews have been hated for hundreds of years” and variations of it, is a long established anti-semitic trope which I think the Nazis also used.

ernielynch

Joe Biden certainly used to be a much better speaker than he is today. And he understood the meaning of the word genocide much better too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1,721 through 1,724 (of 1,724 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.