Home Forums Bike Forum Garmin went in the wash!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Garmin went in the wash!
  • cheers_drive

My wife just noticed my Garmin pressed against the inside of the washing machine door whilst it was 20 minutes into a cycle. I quickly drained the machine and put the Garmin in a bag on rice.

What are the chances of it working when I try to switch it on? I can’t be the only person who has done this.

daern
    Free Member

It’ll probably work – they’re pretty robust things and already quite waterproof. Just don’t microwave it!

mildbore

I put my Oakley through the washing machine a while back. Ruined the lenses

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hoping you left it on so we can see the stats!

(sorry!)

Drac

As mentioned in a previous thread my Vivoactive HR died in a hot tub. Despite being over year out of warranty they have agreed to replace it free.

butcher

A lot of electronic devices fail because they’re switched on when they get wet. Garmins are pretty robust and I wouldn’t be surprised if it works as normal. Since they’re waterproof though, might be a good idea to open it up (if you can) to let any water out?

That said, I guess it depends what heat you had it on.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I put my Garmin 20 through the wash, still working a year later. It was off though.

legend
    Free Member

Depending on the model, your altitude might be a bit squiffy for a while!

Drac

Come to think of it my old Edge 305 or whatever model number it was went through loads of times, left it to dry and worked fine.

Blackflag
    Free Member

My Garmin went through the wash for a full duration. It still worked except it would no longer talk to the computer when plugged in. So i just use it for map navigation rather than loading routes and following them.

Good luck!

swanny853

Lost my 510 in a mudddy puddle for the best part of an hour last winter (switched on) and it’s still fine.

(Branch snapbakc from the rider in front took it off, I didn’t notice until further along, guessed where it had happened and went back eventually found it by draining a fairly deep puddle).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Garmin went in the wash!’ is closed to new replies.