Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • Funny Things Children Say
  • molgrips
    Free Member

My daughter has always had trouble saying and apparently hearing consonant clusters (she’s 3). She used to say the word ‘squirrel’ a bit like ‘swirl’.

Consequently, cinnamon swirls are known as cinnamon squirrels. We used to try to correct her but she wouldn’t accept it, treating us with a sort of condescending contempt… “It’s swirl” “No daddy, it’s squirrel” “Meg, trust me, it’s swirl. SwWWWWWWWirl” “Nonono daddy, s-KK-wirrel” and so on.

Harry_the_Spider

My 5 year old told me this morning that when he dies you will be able to see the bones in his willie.

langylad
    Free Member

When my then 6 year old was asked the question ‘what are cuticles’ at a school quiz, he put his hand up and answered ‘they are the things that hang down when daddy puts his leg up on the bath when drying himself’.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

2 year old son: Can I have a biscuit.

Me: What’s the magic word?

Son: Abracadabra.

thegreatape
    Free Member

To the great embarrassment of my eleven year old daughter, and equally great amusement of my five year old son, my two year old son pronounces ‘st’ as ‘d’, which on dog walks gives us ‘Dad look at my big dick’, ‘Alfie is biting my dick’ and especially ‘You broke my dick’.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Dad – I’m seriously cross
    3yr Old – I’m happy

penguinni

Driving along with my 4 year old in the back of the car;

A: Dad. How do you w*nk?
    Me : What??????
    A: How do you w*nk? Granny does w*nking
    Me: What??????
    A: I want to learn to w*nk
    Me: ( looking in mirror at his face) Oh WINK…..you want to learn how to wink
    A: Yes daddy

DrP

Ours walked into the room yesterday and announced he’s got a big willy.
    But not as big as Daddy’s*….

DrP

*As one would hope.

philconsequence
    Free Member

My 5 year old told me this morning that when he dies you will be able to see the bones in his willie.

nob

catfood
    Free Member

Young lad about six years old walks up to me in the street.

HIM Hey mister can you give me a pound?
    ME No I wont give you a pound
    HIM But Im a student!

Cougar

2 year old son: Can I have a biscuit.

Me: What’s the magic word?

Son: Abracadabra.

I vaguely remember doing that at infant school. They used to give away free milk at hometime, what was left over from lunch. I was sent by my folks to go and ask for some; all quiet and shy and terrified I meekly asked if I could have some, was greeted with ‘what’s the magic word’ and was utterly perplexed as I’d never heard that phrase before. So I too said ‘abracadabra’ and was sent away with a telling off and no bloody milk. Miserable cow.

johndoh
    Free Member

I pointed at an aeroplane in the sky and said to my 3 yr old ‘We’ll be going on one of those soon’, to which she said ‘we can’t, it’s too small’.

steve-g
    Free Member

Mini-g (3yrs) is forever coming out with these, she just always answers back

Me – Stop doing that now, its not funny.
    Her – It is a bit funny daddy, cue laughter from me

Me – Why arent you listening to me, whos in charge here?
    Her – Mummy

On the prospect of the imminent mini-g v2.0 being a boy

Her – I want a sister
    Me – It might be a boy?
    Her – No daddy, sisters are girls.
    Me – But what if its a boy?
    Her – if its a boy I’m a chop it up in little pieces
    Me – You’re what?
    Her – I’m a chop it up into little pieces and I’m a eat it like a ham sandwich.(worrying)

carlosg
    Free Member

4 years ago when my big lad was 3 we were going to pick his mum up , pulled up at some 2 lane traffic lights left lane for turning right straight on and right in the right lane . The taxi on my left changed his mind and cut in front of me without warning, trying to be a good parent I shouted ‘what’ cue my lad from the back ‘no daddys say for f***s sake’ 😳

When i was little we lived in a tiny village outside Bawtry (about 12 house 1/2 of them owned by the local farmer for his staff). My mum took me on the bus to town and while waiting in the bus station a woman of African origin sat down cue little me ‘mummy that lady looks just like my golliwog’ my mum apologised profusely but the woman found it hilarious and agreed with me!

flip456
    Free Member

Last week my 4 year old girl asked, “daddy, can I have a blank piece of paper, I want to make a chart”.
    “what’s your chart for”
    “You said, if I keep picking my sister up by her head it will come off”
    “can’t you just stop picking her up”
    “no and how many times can I pick her up”

taxi25
    Free Member

When my son was four he’s standing with Mrs Taxi in the queue at the local co-op. The get to the front and Chris looks up at his mum and asks ” when is it humans mating season ?” Mrs Taxi is caught unawares and blusters a bit, but without missing a beat the woman behind the till pipes up ” saturday night love, just after match of the day ”

tthew

Me and the Mrs once travelled a considerable portion of the M6 trying to guess a ‘P’ at eye spy. This is the normal M6, the one that runs down the North West and through the Midlands.

Turned out the answer was Giraffe.

theotherjonv

In a book shop buying a present for the wife. Daughter asks ‘can i carry the book, daddy’ – ‘yes, i say, ‘but we have to pay the lady first’

Furrowed brow follows, and then ‘That’s not a lady, it’s a man’

Me, slightly flustered now ‘No, it’s a lady. Ladies can have short hair too’

‘Well she looks like a man’

I paid and left the shop without making eye contact.

woody2000

I need to start writing some of the gems down 🙂

Current favourites mispronunciations are:

Radigator – radiator
    Sussketti – spaghetti
    Draclier – Dracula

I asked the eldest where they’d been on a day out with Grandma, and got the answer “myreka”. Bit of head scratching, then I realised he’d done a bit of linguistic over-reaching. They’d been to Eureka, which his Grandma pronounces “yourEka”….. 🙂

dabble
    Free Member

David becomes “Uncle Faydid” when my 2 year old niece comes to stay.
    Makes me laugh anyway.

dday

This morning, my 6 year old came downstairs and walked up to where the ipad was charging and whispered “I’m here for you iPad”.

Friends son was very disappointed when he discovered he was going to be a shepherd in the school play, not a leopard.

Kryton57

Two things;

The other day I cut myself shaving, just under my jawbone. Kryton jnr ran to find mummy and shouted “mummy! mummy, daddy’s cut his throat.

At the weekend I told jnr i’d be going away to Scotland this week for work. He asked “Daddy, what’s Scotland for?” Naurally being english i didn’t have an answer for him.

ourmaninthenorth

Mrs North to 2yo daughter: “Where did you come from?”

“Marks and Spencer”

andrewh
    Free Member

Friend of mine took her small child to school. The class teacher came over and took her off to one side. “Do you mind me asking what you do for a living?”
    “I’m a physiotherapist”
    “Am I relived to hear you say that!”
    “Why?”
    They had been talking about jobs and what each others parents did for a job. Small child had said “people come to the house and mummy takes their clothes off and then they give her money” 😯

bencooper
    Free Member

Offspring saw something about hypnotism – walked up to my dad, peered closely at him, and said (in a really panto voice) “Look into my nose!”

Almost right…

yunki
    Free Member

My little ‘un has just come downstairs after a mansized visit to the potty, proudly proclaiming that he has created a ‘giant beanstalk poo’

Sadly I don’t have photographic evidence but imagine if you will a small satsuma in the base, with a cigar curling expertly up the side, and another joining cigar curling further up and out and over the side in an effort to reach the giant’s castle in the sky..

his previous best creation to date was ‘a chocolate chip poo’

what a legend

GrahamS

My 2yo has a nice line in brutal honesty.

When she first saw me squeezing into my bib tights she didn’t say a word, she just pointed and belly-laughed. 😳

therealhoops
    Free Member

While explaining the fun that is ‘hedge diving’ me laddo exclaimed,”I like bush climbing!”

anklebiter101
    Free Member

My sister-in-law was recently doing the weekly shop with my 2 nieces in the trolley, one who’s 3, the other just turned 1.
    The 3 year old was happily jabbering away to anyone that would listen, when an old lady wandered passed and said to her “hello, and what’s your name?”
    My niece replied “Eliza”
    “And what’s your sister’s name?” asked the old lady.
    And in a totally deadpan delivery, she replied:
    “Pancake”

votchy
    Free Member

favourite mispronunciation was my niece – hostipal

Best one was my eldest son when he was 2, used the Xmas tree to climb on to the arm of the sofa and cried out ‘Jesus Christ the bloody Christmas tree has fallen on me!’

jodafett

I’ve had a great laugh at this thread, cheers folks.

@krypton

Since I started this thread and I’m Scottish, you Sir are on a yellow card 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Since I started this thread and I’m Scottish, you Sir are on a yellow card

Go on then, what is it for? 😉

andyfla
    Free Member

I got asked by my 5 year old all about dying and what happens to the bodies and what goes to heaven, after my rather dodgy explanation he asked how we know what heaven is like, which got me completely stumped.

Amazing how much you just accept and how their questioning little minds ask really good questions that you’re completely unable to answer

ski
    Free Member

SatStood with my daughter on the tube, huge skinhead of a bloke stood across from us covered in some nasty skinhead related tattoo’s

Daughter, tugs at my arm and say…..

Dad, that man is silly (pointing at him too!) he has painted himself!

Skinhead guy, then comes over(thinking this is when Dad gets a kicking) and shows off his work and explains how tattoos are done, then as he leaves the tube, say….

‘I am a silly man’

😉

igm

My son announced that he wanted a willy that shoots honey.

And the purpose of Scotland is to give other nations something to aspire to.

irelanst
    Free Member

6yr old crept downstairs when she was supposed to be in bed;

“What are you watching daddy”
    “It’s a grown up film, go to bed”
    “Can I watch it?”
    “No it’s too late, go to bed”
    “Can I watch it on catch-up?”
    “No, it’s got grown up words, go to bed”
    “Does it have the F-Word”
    “No, Go to bed”
    “Do you know what the F-word is daddy”
    “Yes, Go to bed”
    “It’s F*&^ isn’t it daddy”

She went to bed at that point.

sparksmcguff

Youngest daughter, 3, about a large (very large) man in a local cafe – said with great theatricality:
    “That man is magnificent”.
    To which said (magnificent) man replied:
    “Thank you, and so are you magnificent”.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

my daughter used to call a trampoline a ‘bounceoline’, which I thought was a definite improvement.

Yesterday she said (5yrs) ‘why do people drive vans?’, which was beautifully random.

jodafett

Go on then, what is it for?

Ah Touche. Without wanting to hijack the thread the purpose of Scotland, along with the rest of England, N.Ireland and Wales is to bleed the City of London dry 😀 😯 :wink:o

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My young god daughter helped me fix my bike for a while before going back to playing nurses with her dollies.

MrsWCA asks her if the dolly is okay.

She replies ‘No, it is proper bo11oxed!’

I still don’t know why I got the blame…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Funny Things Children Say’ is closed to new replies.