Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)
  • Funny Things Children Say
  • Kryton57

Ah Touche. Without wanting to hijack the thread the purpose of Scotland, along with the rest of England, N.Ireland and Wales is to bleed the City of London dry :wink:o

Not for long, if some of your countrymen have thier way.

Although I am a Londoner, so you Sir….. 😉 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

My little Sis, about 2/3yrs old used to call a drink of water in a bottle a

” nink a nor nor ina otoo”

Cute eh, she still can’t string a sentence together 30yrs later.

Maths prof at Cambs Uni though, bless.

TimP
    Free Member

My nearly 3 YO had a massive breakdown about taking her shoes off last weekend. Mrs P called out to me “I think someone is tired”, to which the sniveling mess on the floor whimpered “I think it is me…”

SaxonRider

My daughter, when in reception class, turned to the boy beside her and pronounced:

‘Excuse me, but you’re in my personal space.’

I was delighted.

trb
    Free Member

Little trb, on a hot sunny day as an rather rotund gent walked past with no shirt on :
    “Dad Why’s that fat man got boobs?”

And my personal favourite
    “Dad, you know Grandad is dead”
    “Yes”
    “Have the worms eaten his eyes?”

Oh and little miss trb asked “for the moon on a stick” last week – and had a strop when she didn’t get it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

When I were a lad ( 😉 ), my folks went to see the play “Vivat, Vivat, Regina”. I told me kindergarden teacher the next morning but didn’t quite get the name correct. Made for quite a line for the common room!

bencooper
    Free Member

2.5-yr-old when she gets upset will, inbetween sobs, say “make the screaming go away”. It just breaks yer heart, so it does 🙂

glupton1976
    Free Member

My 2yr old daughter was taking great delight in saying “Daddy is poo” over and over and over and over again last night. She’s a proper charmer.

howarthp

My youngest son gets ‘unchanged’ and used to watch ‘Power Arrangers’ – no explosions, just OCD at cleaning…

robgarrioch

Our’s hasn’t formed many coherent sentences yet, but we’ve laughed over this a lot…

Markie
    Free Member

@sparksmcguff 😀

I was in a queue at Waitrose a month or two back, the little girl (6ish) in front of me turned to her Mom and asked ‘are there pirates in the store?’. ‘No’ said Mom. ‘Yes there are’ said the girl, pointing to the man standing behind me – the man with long hair, a beard, a long flowing leather coat and an eyepatch. Mom looked, goggled slightly, recovered and said ‘I don’t think he’s a pirate, why don’t you ask him his name?’. Small child does so and the man replies ‘Dave the Pirate’. I grinned!

Bunnyhop

A few years ago we took our 3 year old nephew to the spectator’s viewing point at Manchester airport.

There was a beautifully restored ‘Trident’ on show and for a few pounds you could have a look inside.
    One of the guys who had helped restore it proudly gave a little talk, we then walked over to the cockpit and had a look inside, minutes later we left.
    Descending the staircase, my nephew turned to me and said ‘ is that it, we’re not flying anywhere?’.

iain1775
    Free Member

2 year old wandered into the bedroom the other morning, clambered onto the bed
    “mummy”
    “yes Isabel”
    “kiss my bum”

She likes bumping down the stairs on her bum (who doesnt) The other week we had visitors and when they where leaving we where all stood in the hallway when she pointed up the stairs and said “mummy and Daddy go upstairs and do bumpy-bumpy now?”

At the fireworks on Sunday she announced that “they are like aeroplanes turning into stars” before encouraging everyone around us to “blow harder and we can blow them all out”

bencooper
    Free Member

“Dishslosher”

crikey
    Free Member

“Don’t go in the bathroom Dad, Mum’s giving her willy a haircut”…

WillH

neninja – Member
    Last weekend our 2 boys stayed the night with my parents.

The next morning my mum told me about a conversation she’d had with Ben (7).

Ben – Granny is cock a rude word
    Mum – Not really it’s just a silly word. It means a boy chicken.
    Ben – Why would someone call other drivers a boy chicken?

Busted

This reminds me of a story from a mate…

Him and his wife packed their daughter – aged about four – into the car, they were running a bit late for wherever they were going, but it was somewhere the daughter was keen to go. Few minutes later they hit congestion, and came to a halt at the back of a long queue. The daughter threw her hands in the air in an exasperated gesture and said “I don’t f****** believe this”

It then got a bit awkward for my mate!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Few years ago I was in Manchester and I passed this small group of kids playing football in the street. I said cheekily ‘This is where the talent scouts need to be hanging out’.

One of the kids replied “F*** you you f***ing c***, i’ll f****ing stab you in the f****ing ear you c*** sucking Pedo B*******! Do you wanna f****ing die you f***ing p****?!!”

The things they say.

mark90
    Free Member

Since the age of 2 my daughter, now 5, refers to Premier Inn as Moontel shortened from Moon Hotel.

RustySpanner

‘I’ve found the wedding dress I like and the best bit is it’s only £2000’.

Katherine, aged 29, bless her little cotton socks.

puppypower
    Free Member

My 3 year old to my friend:
    Mummy actually has a little willy
    <pause, furtive look>
    Shhh, But don’t tell anyone, it’s a SECRET.

I don’t have a willy. I have no idea where this came from.

yunki
    Free Member

The daughter threw her hands in the air in an exasperated gesture and said “I don’t f****** believe this”

We had a similar experience when taking our five year old niece over to granny’s one afternoon..

Slowing down for a horse in the country lanes as we started the journey, my wife asked..

‘so do you like horses then Tu..?’

to which she sweetly replied..

‘oh, yeah. They’re OK.. a bit f****** annoying though’

TheDTs
    Free Member

2 ear old daughter was helping me tinker with my bike in the garage when I knocked 150 piece socket set onto the floor, all 150 pieces scatter to the four corners.
    “Sh1t” she responds for me at the top of her voice.

Same daughter was seeing “youandmejacks” hanging from flag poles, cars and houses all summer.

ratherbeintobago

Changing dirty nappy. Poo leaked all down leg. “Oh Sh!t” quoth I.

“Oh sit!” says 21m daughter, from changing mat.

Hmmm. Will have a job explaining that one to nursery.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

My 4 year old son recently asked “Dad, why do I ask so many questions?”

And last week listening to Metallica full blast in the car he said “I like this cool, grumpy music!”

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

We were in the car at traffic lights once when my younger daughter was about 3.

I looked at the stationary car in the lane next to us to see two elderly ladies looking into our car with horrified looks on their faces.

I turned round to see younger daughter grinning at them and giving the old “hand shandy” gesture.

At my “WHAT ARE YOU DOING??????????” she replied, “waving at those ladies like you wave at people in the car”.

One very unimpressed wife.

ratherbeintobago

Also, in an aquarium on holiday. Green turtle swims into view. Small piping voice:

Tortos! Tortos! Hiyo tortos!

Turtle swims out of view:

Bye bye tortos! Hidey tortos!

Repeat for the next 15 min.

Clong
    Free Member

On the way back from nursery last night daughter was complaining about sore eyes.

“What’s wrong with your eyes?”
    “They’re sore Daddy”
    “What happened?”
    “Father christmas did it”
    “What did he do?”
    “He poked me in the eye”
    “Did he, well he’s very naughty”
    “He did it with his pink sword daddy”
    “Erm, okay…”

loddrik
    Free Member

My 2 year old daughter to me

“Can I poo on the grass?”….

jodafett

My son just let out a huge fart and proclaimed at the top of his voice “it’s party time”. !!!!!

maccruiskeen

My son just let out a huge fart and proclaimed at the top of his voice “it’s party time”. !!!!!

A friend of mine’s daughter just turned 16 and I reminded her of the first time I met her when she was 3. Sitting watching TV she lets out and enourmous couch wobbler of a fart.

Me: “was that you?”
    Her: “No”
    Me: “are you sure?
    Her: “It was the bear on the television”
    Me: “But there isn’t a bear on the television”
    Her: *world weary sigh* “Its on one of the other channels”

philconsequence
    Free Member

On the way back from nursery last night daughter was complaining about sore eyes.

“What’s wrong with your eyes?”
    “They’re sore Daddy”
    “What happened?”
    “Father christmas did it”
    “What did he do?”
    “He poked me in the eye”
    “Did he, well he’s very naughty”
    “He did it with his pink sword daddy”
    “Erm, okay…”

if you’re being serious, then i’m surprised you’re not taking it more seriously

redted
    Free Member

BEEEEEHHAVE!

I am being have!

smett72

One of my nephews used to get wagon and tanker muddled. And it wasn’t tagon!

jarvo
    Free Member

Molgrips [quote]My daughter has always had trouble saying and apparently hearing consonant clusters (she’s 3). She used to say the word ‘squirrel’ a bit like ‘swirl’.

Consequently, cinnamon swirls are known as cinnamon squirrels. We used to try to correct her but she wouldn’t accept it, treating us with a sort of condescending contempt… “It’s swirl” “No daddy, it’s squirrel” “Meg, trust me, it’s swirl. SwWWWWWWWirl” “Nonono daddy, s-KK-wirrel” and so on.[/quote]

I’ve just been to the first parents evening to see my son’s teacher. My son has problems saying “ck” and it ends up as a “t”. Cue words such as:
    Chittin (Chicken)
    Clot (clock)
    Tit (Tick)
    Tot (Tock)

So the Kesha song “Tick Tock” ends up as “Tit Tot on the clot”.

His teacher explained that they hear the words perfectly, but just mispronounce them. She said that as they learn further word pronunciation, then it usually ironed out.

I tested this by asking him if he wanted some Chittin for tea, and he said “No Daddy, it’s not Chittin, it’s Chittin!”.

Mantastic
    Free Member

On explaining the flu Virus and other such illness to a 5 year old.

Viruses/flu are passed between people, some may sneeze and spread germs, some people may not wash their hands after the toilet and pass it on.

Question was “If its passed on, how does the first person ever get it?”

binners

This mornings conversation, on the way to school between my 2 daughters

“You look like daddy”
    “No I do not!!!”
    “You do!”
    “NO I DON’T! I’ve got hair!”
    “Yeah, but if you got alopecia, and all your hair fell out, you’d look like daddy”
    “I WOULD NOT! I wear pretty dresses and he wears muddy cycling stuff!”

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Jodafett, that last post just caused me to get caught looking at the forum in work time. I don’t normally snort when I laugh but that was a loud one. Thanks! 😆

declanconnolly12
    Free Member

la la la la 😀 very funny

philconsequence
    Free Member

my sisters first word was and it helps if i describe the scene:

dropped a toy on the floor, stood over it, puts hand on hip, says ‘shit’

😆

my first word was ‘bugger’ apparently

molgrips
    Free Member

Question was “If its passed on, how does the first person ever get it?”

A rather interesting question, I saw an interesting article once about the role of viruses in the evolution of life.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Funny Things Children Say’ is closed to new replies.