Home Forums Bike Forum Front & rear helmet light suggestions?

• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by P20.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Front & rear helmet light suggestions?
  • acidchunks

With the darker months creeping in, I need to get myself a new helmet light for the daily commute.

All on suburban, urban and city centre roads so it’s “be seen” rather than “see”.

I had a moon aerolite for several years which was fantastic.  When that stopped working after many many hours of faithful service I replaced it with the same, which lasted about 2 months before the front light crapped out

Looking for other options, needs to be rechargeable, waterproof and reasonably lightweight.

Seen proviz have something that fits the bill but concerned it might be too cheap and last about as long as my last proviz jacket (less than one winter)

Proviz LED360 2-way Helmet Light

Anything else I should consider?

citizenlee
    Free Member

The Topside looks a bit smaller and potentially better made, but it’s £10 more and 100 lumens vs 150.

https://road.cc/content/review/brightside-topside-helmet-light-285753

charlie.farley

~~~~~
    Go all in with an exposure Diablo helmet light? Using the outlet store and singletrackworld members discount

~~~~~

Then add an Exposure RedEye Micro Plug which connects in the rear charge port
    ~~~~~

phenomenal after sales support will likely see it outlasting all your previous lights combined
    IMG_8943

verses

I know it’s not what was strictly asked for, but another vote for the Exposure Redeye Micro – I use mine in a helmet mounted Joystick.

sandwicheater

Didn’t know the Exposure Redeye Micro was a thing.

How do you find battery life when it’s running?

ossify

Aldi have one for £2.99. My local one (Salford shopping centre) has a few left.

Can’t comment on how good it is!

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-bikemate-helmet-light/4088600525662

verses

Didn’t know the Exposure Redeye Micro was a thing.

How do you find battery life when it’s running?

It barely makes any difference to the run-times.

If you leave it plugged in when not using the joystick it glows faintly, but even that doesn’t seem to be much of a drain on the battery.

mrhoppy

I can’t see an exposure discount in the members area, what am I missing?

teamslug

I’m impressed with my Chilli tech helmet light. Too bright on full for the road but turned down its a great helmet light and is plenty bright enough off road to supplement a handlebar light.I carry a spare battery in my pack but it lasts ages.

MoreCashThanDash

Exposure Link is the answer

acidchunks

Cheers all.

The exposure link looks like a lovely bit of kit but maybe a little too bright.

I’ve ordered a topside, hopefully that’ll do the job for a couple of winters.

Thanks for all the suggestions :D

P20

Another vote for the Exposure link. Like all exposure, it’s expensive initially, but brilliant and lasts.

Theres sadly no STW member discount. Winstanleys normally do decent prices

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.