Home Forums Bike Forum Found a Garmin Edge, how can I find the owner?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Found a Garmin Edge, how can I find the owner?
  • leeerm
    Free Member

I found a Garmin when I was out riding yesterday, it was pretty well buried in some mud just off the trail. I plugged it in to my PC when I got home and the ride data suggests it had been there since October! Is anyone aware of anyway I can find the owner via Garmin Connect or such like?

Cheers

survivor

I’d call that trail treasure. You are fully entitled to finders keepers but good on you for making the effort.

rickmeister

This won’t help find that Garmin’s owner but it might help the next one that goes missing..

Personalize your Garmin

And don’t forget a bright silicone cover to stand out in the mud, if it’s dropped…

scotroutes

If it has lots of tracks on it and they start/end at the same location then there’s a chance that’ll be their home.

paule
    Free Member

I’ve done the same in the past, and found the owner by getting the serial number of the device and asking Garmin to connect the registered user on my behalf

jonnyboi

Is there a home location set into it?

You could also re sync the ride history to find a common start point, depends how much effort you want to put into it.

Out of interest, there is a way to show a personal message on start up

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/08/display-number-garmin.html

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Let Garmin know. If he or she use Garmin Connect the serial type number on the back of the unit will be registered with Garmin.

greasyrider
    Free Member

Could you see whether any of the older rides coincide with someone on Strava?

johnnystorm

Upload the rides to your strava and see who you went for a ride with!

CheesybeanZ

3 second rule , happy Christmas to yourself .

chakaping

Upload the rides to your strava and see who you went for a ride with!

This.

imnotverygood

If it is an Edge 1000 & you found it somewhere near Edinburgh it could well be mine :cry:

leeerm
    Free Member

Strava, great shout. Just put one of the files on Strava, looks it it could be one of 9 people. Sent a couple of them a message.

Trail treasure is all well and good, I’d feel a bit too guilty using some blokes lost Garmin though!

speedstar

If it was a Garmin 800 found up above Jock’s Road up behind Loch Muick then it will likely be mine! Came off in driving rain and disappeared from sight. Thankfully the 820’s have lanyards!

swillybey
    Free Member

It’s not an 810 found on the red trail at Haldon is it?

scotroutes

This thread makes me feel all reassured about the quality of the Garmin Edge mount (NOT!!).

timidwheeler

Garmin 800 found in Les Arcs? It’s mine.

rickmeister

Looking at the last few threads, that adds up to a lot of lost quids….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Found a Garmin Edge, how can I find the owner?’ is closed to new replies.