Home Forums Bike Forum Finding a replacement gravel fork…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Finding a replacement gravel fork…
  • pushbikerider
    Free Member

Hola – Putting this one out to the hive mind as I’m not having much luck so far…

I’m looking for some replacement gravel forks – as the aluminium crown and carbon legs on my 7 y/old pair are doing their best to part ways. (Nice crack around the top of both fork legs where they join the crown! Sadly, it’s very much out of warranty).

Finding replacements of a similar spec is proving to be a bit tricky, so if anyone has any pointers…

400mm a/c

Quick release

Post mount brake

Mudguard mounts

Clearance for 40mm off road tyre, or slightly smaller road tyre with mudguards

Can be carbon or aluminium, around £100 from a brand/source that can be trusted ;-)

Thanks in advance!

stevemorg2

The Alpkit ebay shop have a few available if you like the colours. Might need an adapter to change from 12mm to QR though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?item=226360462153&rt=nc&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l170197&_ssn=alpkitoutlet

BoardinBob

The Alpkit ebay shop have a few available

I owe you a beer! I’ve been looking for new forks for my gravel bike as my current ones have no bosses on the legs for attaching stuff. Those Alpkit ones are perfect and a crazy price! There’s one less sage version available now!

ampthill

I bought some Surly Straggler forks for my gravel bike. Heavy but comfy . I think they meet your spec

gecko76

@BoardInBob I reckon you or I must have had the last pair.

That colour though. Next question: what’s the best way to remove paint from carbon fibre?

stevemorg2

Glad you got sorted!

pushbikerider
    Free Member

The Alpkit ebay shop have a few available if you like the colours. Might need an adapter to change from 12mm to QR though

@stevemorg2
    – fine work, Sir! I’d not thought about thru adapters for the front hub, turns out Fulcrum do a set for a tenner so job’s a good’n. 5mm shorter than current forks but I doubt I’ll notice the odds when riding. I think a few of us are going to end up with some ‘challenging’ colour combos but at that price it’s rude not too :-)

@amthill – not a bad call either, although the ones I’ve found were straight rather than tapered headtube…

gecko76

I was sure it said ‘Last one’ when I ordered but they must have found a few more :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.