Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • Filming locations near you
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

there’s been a few other films made up at Rivi. mostly at night, in the car park at the bottom of the ICR. you can’t see the actor’s faces though. well, not the blokes anyway.

marcus7
    Free Member

Home fires is filmed just down the road…

wingnuts

Loads of stuff round here but my local is the pub in Withnail and I.

tang
    Free Member

Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows, Hampstead Garden Suburb . Grandparents house is on the left. We got paid 100 quid to move our car round the corner!

ads678

‘Traffic crossing Leeds bridge’ by Louis Le Prince was filmed not far from me, what do I win?

andermt
    Free Member

Where I grew up other than the odd epsidoe of Scottish dramas like Taggert, the biggest thing filmed in the village was The Big Man starring Billy Connolly, Liam Neeson & Joanna Whalley.

Currently live in Coventry so recently we had films Spooks: The greater good & Nativity, In the past The Italian Job was filmed in the sewers & The TV series Angels (if anyone can remember that) was filmed at the old Hospital.

natrix
    Free Member

Hawley woods has been in the 007 film, Die another day as the Korean Border

deadkenny
    Free Member

Flickr screwing up my links. Think because I updated the photos after posting. Ah well.

Anyway, also of interest round my way…

Guildford Cathedral… The Omen.

Also Pyrford Court I discovered recently was used in The Omen

http://www.independent.ie/business/the-omen-for-private-equity-baron-grayken-31030425.html

natrix
    Free Member

Keeping with the spy theme it was also used for Johhny English Reborn, as the location in the snow (lots of artificial snow)

natrix
    Free Member

They should have left the snow there, because the next film used artificial snow as well, New Avengers

AlexSimon

The Flying Ox – Member

When Prince Humperdink is chasing Westley in The Princess Bride, they pass through Carl Wark, which is just up the road from where I grew up.
    They shot the next scene in Cave Dale too:

Also at Carl Wark was Some of the Tom Hardy Wuthering Heights.

shermer75
    Free Member

Glasgow, so Taggart of course

Second only to Michael Caine in number of attempted impressions…

rhid

Near my village – Willow, tomb raider 2 and C’mon midfiled

Near work in llanberis – Carry on up the Khyber and Clash of the titans and probably a few others.

shermer75
    Free Member

I live around the corner from ‘The Tattoo Fixers’. Oh the glamour! 😉

Scamper
    Free Member

Live next to Long Cross Studios in Surrey. They woke me up the other night with whatever is being filmed there at present.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I live in London. Does that count?

Battersea Park is the stand in for pretty much any scene set in a London Park – it’s out of the centre and has enough parking for the crew. Not as busy/full of tourists as the central London parks either.

MoreCashThanDash

Go to work past Batmans pad – or Wollaton Hall as the locals call it….

MrSmith
    Free Member

i live a few hundred yards from crystal palace park so a bit of the italian job and a fair bit of Hunt (that james hunt film) was shot there. probably a few other things too.
    i work a fair bit in an old prison in central london, there’re cells under the carpark that are used for a lot of filming. Robert downey Jr and Guy Richie were there a while back.

while we are namedropping 8) i was B-camera on a short film at the weekend with Alan Ford as the main talent. Bricktop from Snatch. he’s a right geezer.

Kuco

Holdenby House just up the road from me was used in the film Biggles.

timidwheeler

I grew up in Oxford. Every week we recognised somewhere on Morse.

Neb

Withnail and I was filmed near me.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member
    St Mary’s church, Prestwich – the scene of many dramas, shambolic weddings, etc in Coronation St. Also the original meeting point of the MNPR.

Seeing that photo brought back memories of my childhood from the late 70s, my mum’s mum lived in Tulle Court, a stones throw from that church and The Clough where her dog (Binky) went for walks. Made me look up the area on Google maps and see Tulle Court has been demolished in recent years and the car parking got turned into a timber yard, so strange seeing it so different after ~30 years! 😯

There’s a house in Shirley (Southampton) that has a plaque by the front door stating it was filmed during “Fathers of Girls” (starring Ray Winstone). 😆

gwaelod
    Free Member

I live in Cardiff…everywhere you go there’s a film crew doing Sherlock or Casualty or something. I’ve been held up on my commute on the Taff Trail over the last few years by 3 Casualty stunts being filmed and a Torchwood Landrover Disco parked on it.

And don’t get me started on Pobl y Cwm

Riding in the woods above Castell Coch a few years back a bloody big knight in full armour on horseback popped out of the tress onto the trail front of us – They were filming Merlin and he was giving his horses legs a stretch.

Bah humbug

project
    Free Member

Letter to Brechnev,birkenhead,

Captain America,Stanley dock,

Liverbirds, liverpool,

Bread, Liverpool,

Harry potter, pierhead liverpool, and mersey tunnels

numerous itv crime dramas,

and many more

MrSmith
    Free Member

Withnail and I was filmed near me

You have property in Regent’s Park, Chelsea, Westbourne grove, Cumbria and Hertfordshire? 😯

maccruiskeen

You have property in Regent’s Park, Chelsea, Westbourne grove, Cumbria and Hertfordshire?

He bought them all by mistake

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The Wicker Man (the original one) was filmed in & around the areas where I grew up

Aye, me too.

Current location has a lot of stuff being filmed near by. Most obvious recently was this gem:

It definitely isn’t in Asia.

MrSmith
    Free Member

He bought them all by mistake

They are probably not his but his rich uncles..

rascal
    Free Member

Haven’t read all of it so sorry if this is buried in there.
    Loughborough’s Great Central Railway station is in Cemetery Junction (very good film with naughty joke about Noddy 😳

grahamt1980

Lots at cardington, apparently ‘Those magnificent men in their flying machines’ had bits filmed nearby too.
    Worlds end was filmed in letchworth too

simmy
    Free Member

My house is on this at 1:54, does that count 😀

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NkYyusben4[/video]

joat

Harry Potter, deathly hallows 1, Harry, Hermione and Ron were sitting under the soon to be demolished cooling towers of the former High Marnham power station, North Nottinghamshire, for the briefest of moments you could see the supporting struts. I watched them being blown up (the towers, not Daniel and chums)

crazy-legs

Lyme Park is a mile or so down the road from me – famously used as the location for Mr Darcy to emerge from the lake in Pride & Prejudice (1995).

Was also used in a Red Dwarf episode.

timb34
    Free Member

Not quite as classy as some, but the roundabout at the start of this is about 100m away from my house
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc9yr4urskA[/video]

Oh, and I ride round here as well
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOur8qXvpnk[/video]

And I work near some of these places
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y[/video]

carlosg
    Free Member

They were filming ‘DCI Banks’ in Adel woods (Leeds) the other week while my buddy and I were out on a night ride and then a few days later they shut the ‘Black Bull’ pub in Horsforth down for filming there.

The original ‘Emerdale Farm’ is about 2 miles from me.

A friends house was used as inspector Frosts house in ‘A touch of Frost’.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Downton Abbey is just over the way.

As is….

mintimperial

I grew up in Holmfirth, home of Last of the Summer Wine and over the hill from Royston Vasey.

I was about to post something about every paid-up northerner will be in here in a minute getting wistful about holmfirth [/quote]

I live in the middle of Holmfirth, apparently our current house was in a feature length episode from the 1980s or something like that. Sid’s Cafe and Nora Batty’s house are just round the corner, etc, etc. You used to bump into them filming it all over the place when I was a kid. The place still has a fair bit of LotSW stuff, it’s quite a slick coffin-dodger money-extraction machine. Nice otherwise though.

We moved here from Marsden, a couple of valleys over, and they film loads of stuff over there for some reason. We had our street closed for that Michael Palin thing last year, they redecorated the village charity shop for some Sigourney Weaver movie, and the place is full of film trucks for something else at the moment. Also I used to have the KoM up the track where they built the Local Shop from League of Gentlemen, no really, honest.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Peter Jackson shot alot of King Kong here and bits of loads of LOTR but my local trails go through where they built the model of Dale in The Hobbit.

Helms Deep is just down the road to:

Gandalf is at our airport to:

spacemonkey

A monster calls is being released later this year.

A most excellent book BTW, even more so given the events surrounding its conception.

As for local filmage:

Various Bond movies – Epsom and Cranleigh
    Four Weddings and a Funeral – Betchworth Church
    American Werewolf in London – Effingham pub (was The Slaughtered Lamb)
    Bridget Jones – Shere
    Clash of the Titans 2 – Redlands
    Diana – Fetcham

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Filming locations near you’ is closed to new replies.