Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)
  • Filming locations near you
  • Harry_the_Spider

The pub from Scott & Bailey is just up the road from me as is the exterior of Scott’s house.

Cool story I know…

Yak

My childhood sweetshop appeared in an episode of one of those eighties detective series, that wasn’t Morse.

Beyond cool 😉

beej
    perchypanther
    Free Member

Scarlett Johannsson was a creepy / sexy / a bit murdery alien in a petrol station / corner shop near me in Under the Skin.

Creg

Old Jacks Boat, The Fast Show and parts of Atonement and Harry Potter have been filmed where I live.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Part of ‘A View To A Kill’ was filmed over Amberley Chalk Pits Museum near me. I had no idea there was a massive baddies lair under Amberley Mount but it is certainly an evil little climb

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to live in Royston Vasey.

allthepies
    Free Member

Bourne Woods – Gladiator, Robin Hood, various Harry Potter, War Horse yadda yadda
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourne_Wood

Hankley Common – Skyfall

TheFlyingOx

When Prince Humperdink is chasing Westley in The Princess Bride, they pass through Carl Wark, which is just up the road from where I grew up.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I grew up in Holmfirth, home of Last of the Summer Wine and over the hill from Royston Vasey.

Rubber_Buccaneer

molgrips – Member
    I used to live in Royston Vasey.

Special stuff sir?

Stoner
    Free Member

I grew up in Holmfirth, home of Last of the Summer Wine and over the hill from Royston Vasey.

I was about to post something about every paid-up northerner will be in here in a minute getting wistful about holmfirth 🙂

crazy-legs

Hayfield, just down the road from me was the location for a lot of THe Village (period drama thing on TV)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Village_%282013_TV_series%29

Hayfield didn’t really need much work to turn it into a 1914 setting. 😉 Watched a couple of nights of filming during the first series.

theotherjonv

Tonnes of stuff near me – Allthepies has a few, but Godalming for ‘The Holiday’ with Cameron Diaz AND Kate Winslet (hubba hubba hubba hubba), The Black Swan at Effingham for the Slaughtered Lamb interior in American Werewolf, Shere for several including 4 Weddings, etc.

But the best is Clandon park, near Guildford, now sadly ravaged by fire. I got married there and in researching it for my speech, found it was used as a location for Carry on Don’t Lose Your Head, the french revolution themed one.

Which enabled me to pepper my speech with several shit carry on style jokes.

benp1

Eastenders and Big Brother is shot not that far from me (Elstree Studios)

nickc

I live in Heptonstall which is pretty much in every single “Gritty Northern Period drama” Hebden [points] is where they film Happy Valley

I used to cycle past the locations of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang all the time, the windmill at Turville, and the Pond where Truly Scrumptious crashes (insert your own joke about women drivers here) is in Maidensgrove, where coincidently is where a certain ex pro downhiller and commentator lives…Oh and Hambledon (also chilterns) is also where they film every single “gentile southern dranma” (it is the south after all) and Turville is also the location for Dibley (of vicar fame). Also they film Midsomer Murders around there is well…

bodgy
    Free Member

Surrounded by Broadchurch country.

allthepies
    Free Member

jonv – From the Wiki link it turns out that Bourne Woods was used for the jungle scenes in It Ain’t Half Hot Mum ! Epic 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Sitting in Poldarks pad now.

terrahawk
    Free Member

St Mary’s church, Prestwich – the scene of many dramas, shambolic weddings, etc in Coronation St. Also the original meeting point of the MNPR.

Prestolee Locks, now the site of a bridge made of Meccano was once a location used in Spring and Port Wine, a 1969 film starring James Mason

Pretty much every road around here was in Peter Kay’s Car Share.

molgrips
    Free Member

Special stuff sir?

I used to shop in that butcher’s, too!

Freester

Where are you bodgy? I’m Dorset. Outside Dorchester.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

The little church in kingsman where he goes on a massive killing spree is in deep it which is just round the corner from where I live!

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

They used a house of mine for part of ‘Robot Overlord’ ( straight to dvd I think) they wanted something that looked post apocolipse, and it was, and still is waiting conversion to flats. Also, living on the Isle of Man, and a stones throw from the TT course, ‘Closer to the edge’.

I know that there is a mini film industry, fuelled by government grants and tax breaks, but didn’t realise quite so many had been done.

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?locations=Isle%20of%20Man&ref_=ttloc_loc_1

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That scene where Del-boy falls through the bar-flap. Filmed at Arnos Manor hotel (still a bit of a shithole) just round the corner from me.

chorlton
    Free Member

Juliet Bravo.

thecaptain
    Free Member

There was a whole film made in/around Settle a few years back. Quite good actually.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I live a in a leafy and scenic part of Kent, a couple of miles down the road is a village that’s been the location of many BBC period dramas and an episode of er, Top Gear.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mission impossible train sequence filmed just up the road.

wwaswas

My beach hut was in a number of 10 second ‘filler’ videos for a kids TV channel.

Our old garden was the ‘after’ shot in one of those ‘make your small garden look lovely’ tv shows. For about 2.5 seconds.

Living in Hove there’s probably endless stuff that’s been shot round here. The UK’s first film studio was here, after all 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

in “If”, Malcolm Macdowell shot the headmaster from the roof of my old maths block at school 🙂

Always film of choice for end of year in English class. That and the noodie bits too.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

in Mosquito Squadron they “bombed” Minley Manor (of Gorrick fame), they also filmed some of Jeeves and Wooster indoors there and there are rumours of some of The Omen being filmed in the woods there – remember that when on night laps.

Hawley Lake had the boat practice for one of the Bond films, another was done (hovercraft chase) on Eelmoor and Captain America on Caesars Camp just North of Farnham

theotherjonv

My school was in an Episode of Inspector Morse.

And of course the Omen was at Guildford Cathedral.

And The Eagle Has Landed was at Mapledurham, near where i grew up and has also hosted some Southern XC in the past.

(of course, Minley Manor home of the Gorrick 12:12 was also the witches home in Stardust)

stever
    Free Member

I run along the set of the 1991 Robin Hood film a few times a week. The one without Kevin Costner that nobody’s seen.

jabbi
    Free Member

Cardington hangars just down the road, all 3 of Nolan’s Batman films had scenes shot there.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

they filmed something here once.

perchypanther
    Free Member

they filmed something here once.

Crimewatch reconstruction?

ahwiles
    Free Member

among others: 4 Lions.

you can *nearly* see our house in that photo.

alishand

I live near to Doune Castle, aka:

Winterhelm in Game of Thrones
    The french garrison castle / Castle Anthrax / Camelot from Monty Pythons Holy Grail
    ‘Castle Leoch’ in Outlander

trailhound101

Real Housewives of Cheshire ….
    [hangs head in shame]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Filming locations near you’ is closed to new replies.