Viewing 6 posts - 161 through 166 (of 166 total)
  • Filming locations near you
  • welshfarmer

ooooo just remembered this one 🙂

Hoping music vids count, since this one by Robert Plant was filmed here in the valley back in the early 80s. Indeed if you look closely from around 1 min 50 then yours truly appears to the left of frame as his skinnier 17 year old self 🙂 Plus it is my dad playing the groom and my mum is far right of shot. I recall we were each paid £20 for the appearance

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaL_3bdbbeQ[/video]

Moses

The “Young Ones” house is about 50 yards from my front garden. I can see it from my bedroon window, whence I watched the first crew rock up for filming 30+ years ago. They’ve used a friend’s house in the same street for Skins.

crossland
    Free Member

Father Brown has been filmed round here, in the north cotswolds, our lane has been used twice, and the house we live in has been turned into a hardware shop and greengrocers,

sheeps

The trainline for the Titfield Thunderbolt ran through my school (although it’d long since been taken up by Mr Beeching and turned into a gravel track to the rugby pitches)

beiciwr64
    Free Member

They filmed Macbeth on my uncle’s land in 1971,i was 7 at the time.
    I have a vague recollection of meeting John Stride 🙂

First Knight was filmed on my outlaw’s land.
    We were given access to a few of shooting scenes! They actually do use lights camera action! 😀
    Met with Richard Gere,real pleasant guy and had time to chat,Connery didn’t however,just pissed off in his chopper as soon as the shooting finished. 🙄

CountZero

If anyone remembers ‘Children Of The Stones’, that was filmed in Avebury, back before it became the tourist honeypot it is today.

Viewing 6 posts - 161 through 166 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Filming locations near you’ is closed to new replies.