• This topic has 196 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 37 posts - 161 through 197 (of 197 total)
  • Fearne Cotton
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

Blueflame..
    You will probably find that boardinbob was using the “royal” you ..in so much as he was addressing everyone when he called him “rapey”..that seems to be his fall back line

funkmasterp

I follow people home and stand in their gardens and I don’t care what gender they are. Pft instagram 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

I find it sad that whilst we live in a society most of whom have moved on from that, there are still plenty of people who will desperately defend their right to such “banter”, which appears to involve snide veiled insults at anybody who disagrees with them. Sad.

aracer
    Free Member

Or maybe he just did a search – the first search terms I tried:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fearne+cotton+criticism&oq=fearne+cotton+criticism

tries to get her attention on twitter, hopes she checks the thread so she can see him defending her honour

Did he indeed?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Aracer..sorry I know you were probably hoping to have the last word ..
    As it happens ..yes he did
    Boardinbob..about 20 hrs ago
    ” Dunno about that I’ve tweeted her a link to the thread.”
    Following on from this
    “Hope Fearne’s reading this “
    “Hiya” *waves*.
    Just so you are clear on the definition of what denotes a Misogynist:
    Reflecting or exhibiting hatred,dislike,mistrust or mistreatment of women ..
    Quoting yourself ..just a few posts back while defending Big John.
    ” Maybe it’s because simply saying you don’t like someone isn’t particularly insulting let alone offensive “
    Now forgive me if I’m wrong here ( and I’m quite sure you will try to retract from that statement)..but isn’t saying you don’t like someone exactly the same as disliking someone ..as per the definition?
    Having gone back over the thread the only folks that I could find who have said anything misogynistic were the author Big John..Eddie11 & Dragon …
    The posters you have taken issue with have been fulsome in our praise of Fearne..
    So looking at these facts ..you yourself have the potential to be a misogynist..if you stand by what you have written ..must come as a bit of a shock ..eh !?

DezB
    Free Member

Boardinbob..about 20 hrs ago
    ” Dunno about that I’ve tweeted her a link to the thread.”

I think that was a joke.

Who’s won the thread anyway?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Who’s won the thread anyway?

Fearne Cotton.

She’s rich and successful and pretty and doesn’t give a shit about what anybody on this thread thinks.

I’d say she’s still ahead at this point.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Fearne. 😀
    Oh you beat me to it

spekkie
    Free Member

5 pages of only half paying attention before I realise that I’m thinking of the wrong person 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Have you had a sense of humour bypass? You could always go and check on twitter if you think it’s so important…

Just so you are clear on the definition of what denotes a Misogynist:

I don’t think I made any comment on that, but I’m quite clear thanks, whilst you need to work on your comprehension, and your general understanding of such issues – that definition says “women”, not “woman”. I’m pretty sure that expressing my dislike for Myra Hindley wouldn’t make me a misogynist – not if my dislike was because of who she was rather than simply because she was a women. No, I don’t feel any need at all to retract from my suggestion that there is nothing wrong with disliking somebody or even from expressing your dislike of somebody in public, no matter what the gender, sexuality or race of that person is – so long as that dislike isn’t just because of their gender, sexuality or race. Now of course BigJohn might be a misogynist and that might be why he dislikes Fearne, but you’re going to have to provide some evidence for that being the reason he dislikes her.

The posters you have taken issue with have been fulsome in our praise of Fearne..

Yeah – if expressing your desire to have carnal relations with somebody you’ve never met is “praise” 🙄

How about this definition of misogyny: “Misogyny (/m??s?d??ni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny (and before we go down the “it’s just wiki” rabbit hole, that bit is referenced)

So looking at these facts ..you yourself have the potential to be a misogynist..if you stand by what you have written ..must come as a bit of a shock ..eh !?

😆 yes, I find it very disturbing that I have the ability to like or dislike people based on nothing more than their personality and what they say or do!

DezB
    Free Member

Fearne has a serious contender

Rockape63
    Free Member

5 pages of only half paying attention before I realise that I’m thinking of the wrong person

Oh dear Spekkie! Having said that, I reckon Fern Britton could be pretty hot in the sack! 😯

😉

legend
    Free Member

Have you had a sense of humour bypass? You could always go and check on twitter if you think it’s so important…

The thing is it wouldn’t be a surprise if someone on this forum did do something like that.

hodgynd
    Free Member

😆
    Aracer..boy oh boy when you bite you really bite :D..
    My sense of humour is in full working order thanks 😀
    I’m aware that the definition says women not woman ..thats what I faithfully reproduced..
    Why am I going to have to produce some evidence ..I really couldn’t give a shit ..
    Don’t think I’ve expressed any interest in having sex ..oops sorry you called it carnal relations..at any point ..nor has anyone else for that matter..
    I’m glad you have realised that you are pretty disturbed ..it took a long time but we got there in the end ..
    I will only charge half of my usual fee for these sessions .. 😀
    Case closed .

aracer
    Free Member

I’d suggest Poe’s law, but the rest of your post screams Edinburgh defence.

Sorry, haven’t got £0 on me at the moment.

Jamie
    Free Member

Fearne has a serious contender

Is this another penis reference?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Aracer ..stress not..I have a kind heart give me a shout when you have managed to scape something together..or if you are suffering real financial hardship..have that one on me .
    The important thing is that you managed to see yourself for what you are ..glad to have helped 😀

johnx2
    Free Member

Bit conflicted here. I’d like to weigh in against the creepier posters but at the same time:
    – she was R1’s worst DJ by some distance. Ex kids TV presenter with less musical credibility than Fern Briton, Fern Cotton, Dot Cotton, or a fern and some cotton;
    – instant off button annoying
    – she took the lad mag shilling big style, and probably has a continuing career as a result, not that I’d know being a high court judge. Anyway, this is not maxxis calendar mtb territory.
    – filthy? Who isn’t? Not that I want to know. (Most of us put up mental walls between this sort of concept and family members so ‘what if it was your daughter’ isn’t relevant).

DezB
    Free Member

From what I saw when I done a glance at Twitter, she’s made a healthy eating book and teaches toddlers to do yoga. I think that’s nice.
    I’d let her come and do a speech and my kid’s school any day. Oh hang on…

fasthaggis

Dez,ya wee monkey you.

eyestwice
    Free Member

The thing is it wouldn’t be a surprise if someone on this forum did do something like that.

I did. He did.

I find that creepy.

aracer
    Free Member

What creepy thing did you do?

eyestwice
    Free Member

Nowt 😀

I checked whether or not he’d tweeted her with a link to the thread.

hodgynd
    Free Member

😆
    My sense of humour has now reached overload proportions ..

km79
    Free Member

😆

rene59
    Free Member

Interesting that when googling boardinbob and fearne cotton I got a link to this old thread. I guess that train he takes to work doesn’t need to go as far back as the 70’s afterall.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/who-is-the-most-annoying-person-on-tv/page/3

I would never tire of smacking a hammer into her face[quote]June Sarpong is the woman I posted. Former T4 presenter.

C*nts Corner on Holy Moly summed her up perfectly

For f*ck’s sake, woman.

Talk f*cking properly. Is it necessary to make your voice sound like you’re straining out a bowling ball from your ar$e?

Why do you have that annoying f*cking Home Counties drawl? You’re a c*nt. Yes, you! A f*cking dismal, yoof-TV infesting, oil-rig-leg-boring-off, 18 carat, gold-medal, Nimitz-class c*nt[/quote]

BoardinBob

Sarpong is (was) an abysmal presenter

Unlike Fearne she doesn’t get a free pass “because she’s filthy”

I’d also take a hammer to

Jonathan Ross
    Adrian Chiles
    James Corden

hodgynd
    Free Member

Oh my aching sides .. 😆
    Where’s that list of his ..it needs updating ..
    The complete hypocritical tw*t

rene59
    Free Member

Seeing how you took the opportunity to call out misogyny in this thread, one would assume you aren’t misogynistic.

Maybe just racist then.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

How about this definition of misogyny: “Misogyny (/m??s?d??ni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny (and before we go down the “it’s just wiki” rabbit hole, that bit is referenced)

Oh come on. Not one definition of the word contains all these buzzwords except this wikipedia one. It makes no difference whether it’s referenced or not.
    Patriarchy.. Jesus Christ 🙄

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just checking……yep, Fearne’s still winning the thread.

You boys need to up your game.

deviant
    Free Member

Nobody said she’s not winning!…on the contrary people posted pics of her they like and some of us went further in ‘objectifying’ her in a sexual manner and discussing her sexual history…i’d say this thread is full of fans if anything.

funkmasterp

And here she is with her rosette for thread winning

atlaz
    Free Member

Sarpong is (was) an abysmal presenter

I’d agree… which makes her MBE for services to broadcasting quite the puzzle

legend
    Free Member

I’d also take a hammer to

Jonathan Ross
    Adrian Chiles
    James Corden

All filthy though, so…..

torsoinalake
    Free Member

– she was R1’s worst DJ by some distance.

No, that’s Sara Cox you’re thinking of.

Drac

If it’s not acceptable then the mods will close it down.

It’s not.

Well done to those that tried to get others to see sense. I could go through and clean the thread up but I really have got better things to do this am.

Viewing 37 posts - 161 through 197 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Fearne Cotton’ is closed to new replies.