Home Forums Bike Forum Favourite Tubeless Tape

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Favourite Tubeless Tape
  • desperatebicycle

… as long as you prep w(e)ll…

Oh yeah. used to Muc Off one without cleaning the rim at all. Just been out to the garage and its still holding all the air anyway

Northwind

Rubber_Buccaneer

^ Agree with all that but the profile of these rims made your green method a right pain with a tape similar to Tessa as it wanted to wrinkle and the offset spoke holes meant I wouldn’t trust the blue method as the edge of the tape would be too close to the spoke holes.

They look like this

Ah yeah, I had chinese rims shaped like that (tbf I think Reserve were “inspired” by them much as Specialized admit they were inspired by Lightbicycle and Enve blatantly were) and they’re great in how they lock up the bead, but there was definitely a tradeoff in the taping. Can’t actually remember what I ended up doing with those but I had more failures on tyre changing than anything else I can think of. Bike got nicked, possibly I never got a complrtely happy result on the tape.

bikesandboots

The best is none at all – Mavic UST rim. Speedier to swap tyres too even with inserts as you don’t need to be as careful.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.