Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 5,338 total)
  • F1 2021 – spoilers here
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Fair play to Max on that. I can do 1988 onwards (when I was 10) but struggle before that.

MSP

This popped up on my youtube feed this morning.

inkster
    Free Member

Yep, apparently his car ran out of petrol so he had to bike his way home from the race.

thols2

Wow, brown trousers moment for Marcus Ericsson.

retro83
    Free Member

“Ericsson hit me” 😁

bet it was twitching like a rabbits nose after that.

cyclistm
    Free Member

That’s a horrifically written article.

thols2

the-muffin-man

It was expected – article on Racefans yesterday about end of season uncertainty…

https://www.racefans.net/2021/08/17/f1-tight-title-fight-calendar-conundrum/

thols2

jodafett

I’ve read a few things this morning about Toto and Stroll being investigated for insider trading of Aston Martin shares but can’t find any official source. Anybody heard similar?

nickc

in more ways than others – in Cosmo Magazine…

Didn’t Gee Atherton do something similar?

slowoldman

I think if that was the best I could do I’d have left my clothes on.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

the combination of driving, running the team and managing sponsorship deals was too much. So I stopped driving

Loosely translates to ‘I was too slow for F1’.

He makes me want to wash my eyes out every time I clap eyes on him.

eddiebaby
    Free Member
    thepurist

Weren’t Merc going to give Bottas the boot confirm their second driver for 22 over the summer break? Not long left folks!

Twodogs

Toto hinted at a delay to that the other day, apparently

PJM1974
    Free Member

Spa this weekend, apparently the weather forecast is cool, foggy and damp.

Bottas will have a five place grid penalty, so it’s an opportunity for Red Bull to lock out the front row. Ferrari reportedly have a power unit upgrade and McLaren have further upgrades to bring to the circuit. Could be tasty this one…

Fun fact – Lance Stroll, Max Verstappen and Lando Norris all have mothers that hail from Belgium.

Fernando Alonso has reportedly been retained for 2022 to noone’s surprise given his season so far.

thols2

it’s an opportunity for Red Bull to lock out the front row.

Any race is an opportunity to lock out the front row. Normally, they have to beat two Mercs. This time, they only have to beat one Merc (plus two Ferraris, two McLarens, etc.)

It will make strategy easier for Red Bull if they can get two cars up front to keep Hamilton under pressure. Not sure how the cooler weather will suit the different cars. Another race with mixed conditions would be good.

richmtb

I can’t see Perez getting the better or Hamilton round Spa in qualifying so my guess would be Max and Lewis on the front row. No idea what order though.

nickc

Last years RB could only manage a 1:41.7 last year, when the Mercedes set the all time record and half a second quicker. Be interesting to see where they are this year. Could be circuit that the McLaren does well at as well, it’s been one of the fastest (and certainly quicker than the Ferraris). If I was a betting man (I’m not because I’m always wrong) I’m going to say 1. Max 2 Lewis 3 Lando on the grid.

thepurist

If I was a betting man (I’m not because I’m always wrong) I’m going to say 1. Max 2 Lewis 3 Lando on the grid.

Nice tight first corner though so if Pinball Bottas can get a good run up who knows who leads down to Eau Rouge on lap 1 – and we’ve seen before that the tow down to Les Combes can mean that being 2nd isn’t so bad.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Not sure how the cooler weather will suit the different cars.

Me neither – we’d probably know more had Bottas and Stroll not wiped out a chunk of the grid on the first lap. I don’t think that we’re going to have another 1998 on the cards, but we may well see some upsets on Sunday.

At the risk of sounding a little biased, I really, really want to see both McLarens in the mix. Ricciardo has apparently been spending his summer break in the simulator so he could come to Spa with a better understanding of the car.

Twodogs

Any race is an opportunity to lock out the front row. Normally, they have to beat two Mercs. This time, they only have to beat one Merc (plus two Ferraris, two McLarens, etc.)

Could you be any more patronising?! 😂

thols2

Could you be any more patronising?!

I’ll do my best and put in a special effort this week.

thepurist

Toto hinted at a delay to that the other day, apparently

Reading between the lines it seems like it’s the announcement that’s been delayed rather than the decision. My guess is they won’t announce it in Holland coz Max, so before Italy?

nickc

Honda have confirmed that both Perez and Verstappen have lost the second of their three engines for the year through irreparable damage. Verstappen’s from the Hamilton crash and Perez from first corner in Hungary.

That’ll probably mean grid penalties coming soon.

chrismac

With Bottas on a grid penalty he has the opportunity to make strategy tricky for Redbull as he could be in the way after they put stops if he stops after the red bulls

Kryton57

Not sure how the cooler weather will suit the different cars.

The Mercedes likes the cooler weather and the circuit suits low rake cars. Moisture makes it interesting, as will the Stewards view on that very bad crash their a few weeks ago – could be fair few safety cars. I’m Lewis, Leclerc, Max. Young Charles likes the damp sometimes.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Young Charles likes the damp sometimes.

Quite. Well, most of us do.

thols2

Young Charles likes the damp sometimes.

thepurist

Sounds like yet another big crash at Spa in the W Series – barriers bouncing cars back then being run into. Thankfully everyone walked away, but even though “motor racing is dangerous” I expect we’ll see some changes around eau rouge

Klunk
    Free Member

Landooooo !!!!!

bigdean

Fair play to Vettel for pulling over.
    Tricky call, is it too dangerous? Feel f1 is safer than WEC due to more down force.
    Public want excitement (danger?) Drivers will never back off as they need to take every advantage they can get to win.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Absolutely gutted for Lando, he was on course for an historic result. Am glad that he walked away from that one, a nasty, nasty accident. That’s been a costly corner this weekend what with the horrific stack in the W Series yesterday.

Props to Vettel for stopping to check on Norris.

bigdean

Actually listening to Brundel talk quite eloquently on the subject is interesting.
    Racing on that track, watching former team mate die in there in a crash, watching his son race…

bruneep

Go Russell

tomhoward

Get in George!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 5,338 total)

The topic ‘F1 2021 – spoilers here’ is closed to new replies.