• This topic has 206 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 207 total)
  • Everyone playing?
  • si77

Survived 20 mins in M&S yesterday, didn’t risk going in any other shops though. This evening could be the end of the road, Christmas meal = no escape route, I’ll accept my fate and bow out gracefully when the inevitable happens.

Drac

Well it’s on now out with 2 of my team and it’s just come on the radio.

andytherocketeer

wham – out
    do they know it’s christmas – out

not been #pogued yet, nor #mistletoandwined, nor #sladed

ThePinkster

wifey had left the radio on Smooth.

Whamageddon or not, surely that’s grounds for divorce? 😉

Just for the count, I’m still in

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A day in That London’s Famous London today.

Unscathed.

si77

Update:

No crimbo tunes on in pub or restaurant, so survived to fight another day.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Out.

It’s my own fault, I got cocky after a lucky shopping trip.

I don’t like Xmas songs, the ‘Crimbo ****’ in work only seem to like Bing **** Cosby so I was sure as long as I stuck to my music streaming and Radio X I’d see this out.

Popped home to have lunch with my Wife, she just started laughing. I hadn’t even noticed George and Andrew had ‘unleashed the beast’ so to speak.

Maybe I was out weeks ago, but I’m completely cheesy Xmas song deaf.

ThePinkster

Thought I was out last night when the round table came down our road with their Santa Sleigh, collecting for charity.

Christmas tunes blasting out so crazily loudly I could hear them clearly in the kitchen, at the back of the house, even though the sound was distorting so much.

Then it started, the first bars……

…”Nnnoooooooo!!!!” I shouted, holding my hands to my ears….

….then I realized…

No lyrics! I’d be saved by a karaoke version so I live to listen another day 🙂

BRING IT ON!

csb

Damn you and your hold-music Plusnet.

Pyro

Been Pogued, but I don’t mind that so much.

Still alive, not been sent to Whamhalla yet, but have to venture into That There Town Place this weekend for some of the Christmas fripperies, so will have to don my Wham-cancelling headphones – you can get those, right?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I have managed all this time! But I have just been whammed in the most ridiculous way ever!!! I set off a little quick from a junction in my van, the makita radio in the back obviously toppled over and hit the on switch and what was playing????
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Still in, struggling, and now the anxiety is kicking in.

MoreCashThanDash

Still in, despite MrsMC insisting on having Gem radio playing whenever she can

squirrelking
    Free Member

Oh for **** sake! As if today couldn’t get any worse I just lost Whamageddon. **** you 2019.

Best of luck to those still in xxx

riklegge

Arse. I thought I was on to a winner as I work from home and never go into town or listen to the radio, but the Christmas album has started playing at the climbing wall.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Brother in law has just sent us a Wham Last Christmas card, am I still in?

sofaking
    Free Member

still in

DezB
    Free Member

Everytime I see this damn thread I hear the damn intro..! But only in my head 😀 still in

Scapegoat

So far so good. Radio 4 in the car, haven’t done any shopping yet, and all the music I’ve been involved with has been traditional stuff with the choir…..

Anyay, covers don’t count so fill yer boots:

DezB
    Free Member

Record shop posts warning on Facebook. I know not to go in there… bleugh

And 10quid! for a 7”!? you’d have to be mental!

MoreCashThanDash

I’m out – beaten by MrsMC retuning the car radio to Heart Christmas.

Good job I kept the receipt for her present

reluctantjumper

Somehow I’ve managed to hear every christmas song bar Wham! Thought I’d got caught on day 2 but it turned out to be a really crap cover version in Poundland (there with work…) so got away with it.

Suppose it helps that I generally work alone or at least have control of the radio so can limit any chance of exposure I get. It’s only dangerous when I go into customer’s premises but seeing as most are playing the game too it’s surprisingly safe during working hours.

jeffl

Still in. Somehow I’ve managed to hear every Christmas song going, bar Last Christmas. Three days away for work next week, so hopefully continue to avoid it.

neilthewheel

Still here, thanks to my usual expedient of avoiding leaving the house during December.

thepurist

Damn you Screwfix, damn you to hell!

I thought I was in for the duration after successfully running the gauntlet of the shopping centre yesterday, but no – one silly “click and collect” moment did for me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Still standing.

Oh yeah.

theotherjonv

and I’m out…..

Half time music at Guildford City FC vs Molesey FC tonight.

Shit game, only went because son was ball boying (cost me £7 to get in so they could earn £6), cold, wet, and whamageddon’ed on top of it all.

If anyone from GCFC is on here, you played rubbish, even your pen wasn’t one and you got what you deserved out of the game.

Not happy.

scaredypants

I’m still in – got through work christmas meal and our orifice christmas lunch

Only my daughters can stop me now

mogrim

Out yesterday morning, Spanish radio played it as a bit of backing to a news item 🙁

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Still in, doing better than last year, but, tomorrow I’m going drinking…..

matt_outandabout

I had told the family I was playing.

Cue middle_oab walking into a room with his phone playing… I’ve been whammed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Put him up for adoption.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Work receptionist just took 3 of us out at once.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Don’t worry Matt, it’s in he rules, no deliberate sabotage.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Work receptionist just took 3 of us out at once.

Samantha?

stevied
    Free Member

Miraculously still in.
    Sat in car, in traffic…skipped The Pogues and, before any music started, “Last..” came up on the stereo display…skipped very quickly!!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bugger. Out. Sunday lunch in the local. Grr.

DezB
    Free Member

Been in 3 shops with christmas songs playing.. still not heard it.
    Going into a café later… bit worried 😟

beej

Still in, but a very close shave – went upstairs and Ms Beej had the radio playing in the bathroom. She shouted at me to go back down, which I did before realising what was playing.

Pyro

Out. Walked in to Sainsbury’s cafe with my parents and got Whamageddoned. Durnit….

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Everyone playing?’ is closed to new replies.