• This topic has 206 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 207 total)
  • Everyone playing?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Heart

Man, that’s bad enough without Whamageddon. I feel your pain.

mrsheen
    Free Member

Alexa selected Radio 2 a few minutes ago against my will.

I’m out….

toby1

Thought I picked a playlist without it, apparently not. I’m officially out 🙁

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Arrgh 1600 hrs today, bloody Heart FM.

ThePinkster

Am I too late to join in?

Not heard it yet, even after trawling round the shops in Chester last week and eating in several pubs in the last 7 days, so feeling really lucky at the moment 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m out….

The time has come. The machines are rising up against us.

malgrey
    Free Member

Still in….

senorj

Remarkably I have yet to hear the offending tune.

pondo

Alexa played no part in my downfall but I’m out at the same time. 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Had to go in Matalan to collect an Amazon parcel… forgot headphones… what a scary few minutes. But.. still in!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Had to go in Matalan to collect an Amazon parcel… forgot headphones… what a scary few minutes

If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space.

DezB
    Free Member

Always pushin them limits blud.

docrobster
    Free Member

docrobster

So far so good. I doubt I’ll make it past the work Christmas do on Saturday though

Indeed. 11.53pm last night. On it came. No escape for me.

csb

Still in despite 3 hours in a shopping centre yesterday. That is high risk gaming.

ThePinkster

I played Whamageddon Roulette on a 100 mile round trip in the car today.

Got a flash drive with 145 different Christmas tracks of varying persuasions on it, including 2 different versions of that song. Put it on random and even had to suffer Band Aid 3 times but still only got the cover version of Last Christmas once.

Told you I was feeling lucky 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^^Bold. Very bold.^^

I gather it had the most momentary appearance on The Archers this evening. I left the kitchen to go and get a forgotten bag of shopping from the car at what must have been that moment!

I live to fight another day.

ThePinkster

I love living on the edge…

si77

“Yeah, the edge of Wuss Cliff.”

(disclaimer: I hope you get the cultural reference, if not then no offence was intended or implied)

zippykona

As of 5.15 yesterday, I’m out.

The Monday ladies in our shop wouldn’t really appreciate Trojan Christmas so I have to leave the radio on Shit Christmas fm. Tuned in and I’m OUT. So was the customer we were serving at the time. I told her to come back on Monday and moan.

RustySpanner

CaptainFlashheart

^^Bold. Very bold.^^

I gather it had the most momentary appearance on The Archers this evening. I left the kitchen to go and get a forgotten bag of shopping from the car at what must have been that moment!

I live to fight another day.

Whoa.
    I’m just about to go and listen to today’s omnibus.
    Nice to know someone’s got my back.

#votelabourforjoe

molgrips
    Free Member

Halfords Newport Road Cardiff, Saturday. I’m out.

The frame protection I bought was pretty good though so still a good trip.

ThePinkster

@si77

LOL, no offence taken.

si77

Right, lived dangerously by going into “only 17 more sleeps” Asda yesterday, but survived. The only supermarket safe haven appears to be Waitrose, so the next 2 weeks could get expensive (financial doping required).

But…  How the hell am I going to manage a trip to the shopping mall for some new strides? Can anyone recommend a high street men’s outfitters without piped music?

baldiebenty
    Free Member

OUT! Walked into the living room just as an advert for what appeared to be a Best of WHAM! (or sommat) came on and they had to play it in the track rundown before I even knew what was happening.

grrr!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Still in, even after spending 2 hours shopping yesterday!

votchy
    Free Member

Shot myself in the foot when I selected a Christmas hits playlist on spotify whilst doing the decorations saturday evening so I’m oot

Pyro

Still in – was out and about yesterday but had headphones in 99% of the time. Have had works Christmas lunch today but a group of us who are all playing agreed on a gentlemen’s truce and made sure it wasn’t on the Spotify playlist in the office.

malgrey
    Free Member

Hit by a double whammy whilst driving today, the 2 second warning just wasn’t long enough…

…I’m out. Still, lasted a week.

seadog101

Still in!
    But maybe I’m cheating by not listening to the radio stations that play music, and not being in the shops.

andy5390

Dammit!!!! Despite my (misguided) confidence, I get into the car this morning and wifey had left the radio on Smooth.

Well, you can guess the rest 🙁

mrchrispy

8.50 this morning in Didsbury M&S (Ooooo get me).
    Swore and walked out in disgust much to the bemusement of the lady stacking the fridge

Drac

I’m not even playing but I’ve not heard it yet despite shopping trips and Xmas meals.

mrchrispy

everyone is playing, they just dont know it

sadmadalan

Still in, much to my surprise! Helped by doing the Christmas shopping online!

slowoldman

So far it’s going OK. I had a dentist appointment and was a little concerned about the cheesy radio station they put on, but I escaped unscathed. Back home to Radio 3 now.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been lucky so far…

Do cover versions count? Y’know, those really bad session groups so the retailer gets away without paying royalties…

Need clarity.

mrchrispy

its just the original

stevied
    Free Member

Still in.
    I’ve avoided all shops as best I can…thank you Amazon for your free deliveries and huge selection of suitable gifts 🙂

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Still in

DezB
    Free Member

Spent ages in Boots this morning getting some xmas gifts, there was hideous music playing, but no Wham… Still in 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Everyone playing?’ is closed to new replies.