• This topic has 206 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)
  • Everyone playing?
  • andy5390

I’m in, but I may have an unfair advantage

I no longer work

Radio stations I listen to are very unlikely to play it

I don’t shop much

eulach

Can we have a clarification on the rules please – until you recognise the song or until you hear the chorus?

oomidamon

Out already, damn you Tescos.

Bunnyhop

Too late for me.

I was in a local independent shop a whole week ago. Had to have strong words with the shop assistant, that I’d been Whammed well before the expected date. :0)

P.S. Next door are playing Fairy tale of New York now.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Made it to the 22nd last year, then I walked through the warehouse at work and heard it on magic **** FM. I ruined last most of last December playing this, but I’m in.

johnx2
    Free Member

rules are in the OP

clarification on the rules please – until you recognise the song or until you hear the chorus?

recognise the song, still. It’s been a year. It wouldn’t surprise me… yep:

Too late for me.

I was in a local independent shop a whole week ago.

Playing that rare groove? As per OP: the game starts on 1st December so not lost yet. Though still. Once bitten and twice shy…

DezB
    Free Member

Just had to mute my telly! It was an answer on House of Games, but I saw it coming, so heard nowt! 😁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just had to mute my telly! It was an answer on House of Games, but I saw it coming, so heard nowt!

null

Drac

It’s also used in TV show promotion on a certain channel so good luck.

doris5000

maybe its my lefty middle class filter bubble but i was told you had to put a quid in a jar every day that you were still in the game, and then when you’re out give the money to a good cause?

rogermoore

Last Christmas (ha!) I think I lasted until the 20th. Twice in one afternoon this year and topped off with a cover version in M&S.
    RM.

malgrey
    Free Member

Still in…

Narrow escape on the drive up this morning, but Zoe Ball gave a Whamageddon warning!

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I’m out – was idly flicking through the radio stations when on it came.

As an aside, regarding the video – why George went on a group skiing holiday with his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend is something I’ll never understand.

JP

DezB
    Free Member

why George went on a group skiing holiday with his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend is something I’ll never understand

They had to keep up the pretence so as not to negatively effect record sales. Different times. 😉

CountZero

c’mon, everyone loves George. Really, inside, it just takes balls to admit it.

No, really, I don’t. Not Wham!, or GM. Sue me.
    Pretty sure I’m out already, because I’m surrounded by cars, most with their radios on as soon as the ignition is turned on, it’s inevitable – most are on Radio 2/Heart FM/ Breeze/Whatever FM/Blah FM, etc. I just try to shut it out of my mind, pretend it never happened.

johnx2
    Free Member

And what a strange track it is really. The music’s just a little synth loop that goes round and round, underneath the tension and release of George’s singing, with a lyric that very clearly draws on Shakespeare’s best sonnet (“Since there’s no help, come let us kiss and part”), whilst Andrew does what he does best…

Blackflag
    Free Member

I’m in.

Works xmas do on Thursday so don’t hold out much hope.

si77

I’m in.

eulach

Cover version in the supermarket today. I don’t think I’m gonna make it.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I’m in.

sirromj

Still in, but huge risk involved while visiting our local touristy city tomorrow.

malgrey
    Free Member

Still in. It can’t last, I’ve heard most of the rest of ’em…

Loughan
    Free Member

Out before I was in. Wife called me from town this evening…

Me: Wait, what’s that music in the background?
    Her: Last Christmas, why?
    Me: Noooooooo
    Her: what’s going on?!…

duncancallum

I’m out 8:05 yesterday

Festive **** in work.

I gave up put my headphones on and listened to blind melon

mogrim

Saved by rule 3, two (count ’em!) cover versions on the radio this morning! So still in.

Houns

Just walked into local Sainsbury’s and the last few bars of it were playing. Bah last year I made it without hearing it at all

kayla1
    Free Member

Meh. 2nd December, same day I read this thread, first few bars on Lamacq’s show on 6 music at around 5-ish. Didn’t want to play anyway.

seadog101

Still in , despite a visit to a busy shopping centre yesterday and today.!

AlexSimon

I’d prefer this game if it was one of the other obnoxious tracks of the original 1985 ‘Christmas tape’. Sooo much shit that it’s sometimes a relief when Last Christmas comes on!

Anyway – I reckon I’ve in with a good shout. No christmas dos and no christmas shopping to do.
    Only fear is that it’ll be on in the pub, or a DIY shop.

funkmasterp

I’m definitely in. This should be a breeze. Do all my shopping online and never listen to the radio. Sonos at work in an office shared with three people. None of whom are likely to play Christmas songs.

easily
    Free Member

Out.

I thought i was doing well, but today at work someone was demonstrating a new Alexa.
    Alexa: play Christmas music …
    Me: …

Aaaaaaaaaargh, no!

5th of December. Why did i even bother?

funkmasterp

Argh! Department meal today at a pub and I’m out. That’ll teach me to be cocky.

DezB
    Free Member

Heard a couple of notes of a cover version on tv… checked the rules..still in!

aide

Damn, thats me oot, just on the radio the noo

sirromj

As soon as I get in a car! Sitting there quite happily* when it suddenly hits me what I’ve not been listening to for the last 40 seconds. 6 days, disappointing.

*as happily as I can be sat inside in a murder machine belching fumes into the atmosphere amongst many of its kind stationary in traffic.

si77

Had to avoid putting the car radio on. Got withdrawal symptoms, so starting singing to myself, including a rendition of LC (the power of suggestion), thought I’d scored an own goal but just checked the rules and I’m still in!

I shall now go and put a CD or 2 in the glovebox. This week I will mostly be listening to Rage Against the Machine.

johnx2
    Free Member

Gah. Out. Thanks Jet2.

DezB
    Free Member

Work christmas do last night, I hear Christmas songs coming from behind the bar.. the fear hits me.. can feel the Whamageddon creeping up… it’s not that song .. but you know… I turn to a colleague looking for sympathy, but get none! I stagger home hours later… still in!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The kitchen at tennis this morning was playing Heart.

Dangerous times.

Escaped unharmed.

Still in.

sirromj

Heart

Yep that’s what did it for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Everyone playing?’ is closed to new replies.