Home Forums Chat Forum Eurohike vs Mountain Warehouse cargo bags

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Eurohike vs Mountain Warehouse cargo bags
  • razorrazoo

Eurohike

Mountain Warehouse

Looking at getting a couple of cargo bags (one 60L and one 80-90L) and both Eurohike and MW have these at half price at the moment. Whilst I’d ideally buy a more premium brand like TNF or Osprey, these will be for occasional air travel, but mostly trips in the car so I don’t really need to spend £100+ on each bag (I can get both of the above for £50-60 each).

Does anyone have any opinions, real world experience of either?

mashr

Pretty certain that those are the same bag, and also that they are the same as the old TNF one I have. Someone just pumps them out with whatever logo you want. They do the job is all I can really say – pretty robust, basic, kit

oldtennisshoes

Tiso do a decent Lowealpine bag which might suit https://www.tiso.com/earsl3ti0109/lowe-alpine-lowe-80l-duffel-grey-earsl3ti0109/00116948/

Or there’s always Decathlon – https://www.decathlon.co.uk/70l-expedition-bag-black-id_8171056.html

My only experience of cheaper cargo bags has been a coleman about 10 years ago – the material was too thick and the stitching came away.

razorrazoo

Pretty certain that those are the same bag, and also that they are the same as the old TNF one I have. Someone just pumps them out with whatever logo you want. They do the job is all I can really say – pretty robust, basic, kit

Definitely different as I have looked at both in the shops. Main difference seems to be that the Eurohike has the thicker material all round, whilst the MW one has a ‘canvas’ base (which most of the more expensive ones seem to have too). I prefer the more discrete MW branding, but wonder if the Eurohike may be more robust.

I looked at the Decathlon one, and the others I mentioned seemed better. The LoweAlpine, I’d still only be getting a single bag for the cost of both of the ones I have mentioned.

razorrazoo

….or I could push the boat out a little for the larger bag….Berghaus

mattbee

The zips on the Eurohike aren’t quite as sturdy. Colleague had one that the zip failed on fairly early on and the same happened to the replacement.

Had my Mountain Equipment one for 6 years now, the 110ltr one. It’s usually stuffed full of rope access equipment to the point it’s probably a 2 person lift really (I use a folding sack truck to move it from van to building before bumping it to the roof!) but it looks brand new still.

sweepy
    Free Member

Cotswold virtually always have a cheap deal on mountain equipment ones. I think we’ve have our two about 12 years and they are solid

ampthill

Our best cargo bag bargains were Hi-Gear from Go Outdoors

They are holding up better than the pricey North Face one. The material seems spot on. The Noth face one is a bit to stiff and starting to crack. I’m surpised as I haven’t always had good expereiences with Hi-Gear

Go Outdoors don’t seem to them any more. Hmm I didn’t imagine them I’ve sen them today…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Eurohike vs Mountain Warehouse cargo bags’ is closed to new replies.