Viewing 40 posts - 73,321 through 73,360 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m about to go to a shit meeting but this has cheered me up immensely.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I suspect Bercow will recall parliament immediately.

I can’t imagine him doing anything else.

If they don’t turn up will they get their wages docked or get put on a diciplinary for unauthorised absence like the rest of us would?

BoardinBob

Would this technically count as treason? Any chance we could get BoJo and Mogg locked up in the Tower of London?

binners

Bercow has made a statement already saying parliament will be recalled. No hanging about there then?

richmtb

Unanimous decision by 11 of the most senior judges in the country. Effectively ruling that he has misled the monarch.

Even for BoJo this is pretty dire. How can he continue as PM now?

Klunk
    Free Member

wasn’t even close another 11 names to add to the “enemies of the people” list

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Are we winning yet?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

#TakingBackControl 😂

mattyfez

Bercow just now:

As the embodiment of our Parliamentary democracy, the House of Commons must convene without delay. To this end, I will now consult the party leaders as a matter of urgency.”

scotroutes

He’ll surely now get the GE he wanted and will campaign using the judges obstruction of “the will of the people”.

We’ve been waiting 3 years for Westminster to resolve Brexit. What difference is another few weeks going to make?

kimbers

richmtb

Subscriber
    Unanimous decision by 11 of the most senior judges in the country. Effectively ruling that he has misled the monarch.

your assuming that he has a shred of humility r conscience?

P-Jay
    Free Member

BJ is somewhere throwing up into to a waste paper basket whilst Cummings holds his hair back.

If Brexit is cancelled, the blame will be fired in every direction. Taritorous Remoaners, Traitorous Judges, Traitorous MPs, the Lords, The Queen.

But hopefully the Public will remember, we could have left by now, but the Tories Brexit Ultras blocked it.

If we leave or worse leave without a deal, we should remember that all the opposition parties could have forced a VONC, formed a coalition government and brought some sense to all this, but they didn’t – whether you want to blame Corbyn for his inflexibility and Brexit tendancies, or the rest for not putting their differences aside in a time of crisis I don’t know (the Lib Dems and Labour seem to be campaigning at the moment by bashing each other).

tjagain

He doesn’t care. He will not risgn even if he has to go to the EU and ask for the extension

I do wonder if there will now be steps taken in parliament to remove him tho.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow

dissonance

your assuming that he has a shred of humility r conscience?

I doubt anyone assumes that. Think it is more him being volunteered to resign which is an option. I think that is being a bit hopeful about the current tory party though.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It would require Corbynites to work with the Libs and SNP (and of course vice versa). Frankly I think they’re mad going for a GE now when they can form a Goverment without doing so, but I can’t see them getting along.

woody2000

Bojo’s warming up for a scrap with Bercow..

tjagain

They will NOT go for a GE now – they will however try to remove Johnson – there is an impeachment power available I think if not one thats been used for hundreds of years.

JOhnson is now completely powerless.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

BoardinBob

JOhnson is now completely powerless

I still can’t understand why the Tory party members who voted him in as party leader and PM remotely thought it was a good move.

woody2000

I still can’t understand why the Tory party members who voted him in as party leader and PM remotely thought it was a good move.

Here’s hoping they saw it as a great way of getting Brexit stopped, but I fear I may be crediting them with a Machiavellian intelligence they don’t possess 🙂

binners

Alaister Campbell reckoned at the time that a lot of Tory MP’s voted for Boris Johnson as leader because they absolutely despised him and knew full-well that this is how it would go. They voted to see him **** up and have to take some responsibility for the mess he caused

I’m sure they’re all presently sat back, loving every minute of this. I know I am

dissonance

another 11 names to add to the “enemies of the people” list

Farage has come out saying Cummings should be sacked due to this decision. Its quite funny looking at some of the nutters on twitter not sure whether to agree with him or keep up the elite/deep state crap.

Dickyboy

JOhnson is now completely powerless.

Although amusing to watch from the sidelines, I sadly don’t really expect any good to come from this ruling

zippykona

Let’s hope the rats turn on each other. Cummings must be right in the firing line.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

If we leave or worse leave without a deal, we should remember

Klunk
    Free Member

Cummings will be pushed under the bus as part of the price for blowjo keeping his job.

scotroutes

Corbyn now demanding a GE after having twice turned down the opportunity. Will that be because he’s convinced Labour are now in a winning position after yesterday’s conference shenanigans?

dissonance

Corbyn now demanding a GE after having twice turned down the opportunity.

Apart from the two times he turned it down was because he, and everyone else, didnt trust Johnson not to try and get no deal through. His demand today still including the take no deal of the table clause.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

I sadly don’t really expect any good to come from this ruling

A prime minister of a democratic country tried to suspend parliament unlawfully.

Stopping that is “good” by any definition

What happens next is unknown, but will probably be a little more good (or less bad) as a result.

Now, I wonder if the BBC will show or refer to Jo Maugham on their coverage this time or cut him out in favour of Cherry again?

TheBrick
    Free Member

No good will come if the ruling simply because it was a no win ruling but potentially a least worst one. It fuels the remain elite narrative and maintains the division.

But hopefully the Public will remember, we could have left by now, but the Tories Brexit Ultras blocked it.

Not the ones I speak to. They just remember the remain MPs voting against the WA and even when reminded still blaim the remain MPs and don’t care about the ERG voting it down.

richmtb

The “optics” around a GE won’t have changed. Labour are only likely to succeed in an election if Brexit is delayed and the Leave vote is split between the Tories and the Brexit Party.

willard

Yeah, I should have stopped short of reading the comments on the BBC site about this. Not a happy place if you don’t like seeing words like “frothing” “remoaners” and “traitors” being bandied about.

hels
    Free Member

And where is Boris ? In the USA with Trump. I guess he is waiting for that room at the Ecuadorian Embassy to be properly cleaned for him.

P-Jay
    Free Member

The “optics” around a GE won’t have changed. Labour are only likely to succeed in an election if Brexit is delayed and the Leave vote is split between the Tories and the Brexit Party.

I personally don’t see them winning a majority, the Libs are on the rise and gunning for Labour more than the Tories which is a shame. The inevitable Coalition talks post GE will be interesting.

I can see that Toad Farage being the bloody kingmaker again, they’re at odds at the moment, but Brexit Party Ltd is a one-man, one-policy Party, I wouldn’t bet against them calling a GE and just as Labour start feeling cocky, Farage will be offered a safe seat as a Tory MP and cabinet role when he wins.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Unanimous result? Priceless.

outofbreath
    Free Member

If only there were some way to remove a government from office. I dunno, maybe everyone could vote or something. They could call it a “general election”.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Because people who actually join Parties rather than just vote for them usually hold the most extreme polarised views, Super Tories if you will. They often disagree with the moderates who actually vote for them. Labour has exactly the same problem.

Assume you saw the interviews they took pre-vote? They’re all crackers.

Pook

Jo Maugham was not cut out earlier.

P-Jay
    Free Member

If only there were some way to remove a government from office. I dunno, maybe everyone could vote or something. They could call it a “general election”.

A General Election dissolves Parliament. Parliament appoints a Leader, who in turn appoints a Government. Leaves us leaderless for months at the worst possible time.

The process to remove Boris is already in place, they *just* need to call a vote of no confidence and appoint a new PM, who can, in turn appoint a Government, takes days, but if it could be done, it would have been done by now. Brexit is still the barrier. Libs will want revoke, SNP will want Indie Vote2, Corbynites Red Brexit, everyone else Ref2.

Viewing 40 posts - 73,321 through 73,360 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.