Viewing 40 posts - 62,481 through 62,520 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • mefty
    Free Member

But Meft, thats just another silly protest vote? based on getting one up on someone else? Is that it?

Not at all, we were told the result was to be respected and there wouldn’t be another referendum, I will use my vote to help achieve that.

EDIT:

Paddy Ashdown put it rather well

<iframe width=”721″ height=”541″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/-Bv_1z2lFlw&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugger: Link here

zippykona

We were told a lot of things. Most of them lies. Why choose to accept that bit?

Cougar

the flaws in which have been pointed out

Which flaws are you referring to?

kelvin

in the event of a second referendum I will change my vote to leave, the result needs to be respected.

I’ve heard a few people say that… fair enough… but I’ve also heard people who voted Leave saying they’d refuse to vote at all if there was another referendum… so you’ll be needed.

To be frank, I don’t think it’ll come to another public vote anyway… the politicians will do (are doing) all they can to avoid that. How would each of them campaign? It would be a nightmare for so many of them…

dazh

I agree dazh and that is why you should stop doing it. Too.

Pretty sure I’ve not abused anyone on here but if you want to go and find examples go for it and I’ll defend them or apologise if I’m wrong.

Please don’t confuse disagreement with abuse.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

One of the reasons I’ve come round to the view that we can’t dismiss the views of brexit voters is the fact that many remainers barely disguise their condescension and ignorance of the people they are so quick to call gammons or idiots.

I think you’re guilty of some kind of noble working class savage bias/fallacy.

You’ve come round to the view of a bunch of brexies because they get derided, yet you can’t come round to the view of remainers (and why they might be livid) despite the accusations of being traitors, the racism and the killing of MPs?

You need to sort your priorities out.

igm

Interesting it’s the attitude of the Brexies, starting with their “traitors”, “saboteurs” and “enemies of the people”, before flowing into the ability to disagree with everything (including the deal to actually Brexit that their PM had put together) that makes me think the Brexies need kicking out of this country so that normal folk can live in piece here.
    I was willing to compromise at one point – marginal loss, roughly half and half, leave, drop the farm subsidies etc, but keep freedom of movement and I could see a deal. But they blew it.
    Bunch of elitist scum the lot of them – yes I mean Farage, JRM, IDS, Ratcliffe, Dyson, etc.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

+1 IGM, looks like we had the same thought at the same time!

Appeasing the right working class worked out so well for Australia didn’t it, with those race riots, offshore detention centres etc. Abbot and Turnball totally managed to appease the Bogans and stopped one their them from killing 49 people in New Zealand didn’t they!

Appeasement makes them worse.

igm

Anyway, Brexit has been live and running for 3 long years in June – it really does look like a failed experiment. They can’t sort out what they want, and if they could they can’t agree it. The project doesn’t work, time to bin Brexit. All agreed?

mefty
    Free Member

Which flaws are you referring to?

I am told the search function is very good now, I am sure you will be able to find them with it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’ve not abused anyone on here but if you want to go and find examples go for it and I’ll defend them or apologise if I’m wrong.

Remember when you tell us all its over and we should just get on with it. That leave is a certainty but you keep trying to shut down talk of remain….

scratch
    Free Member

So again. If anyone can tell me why this is a good idea apart from ‘the will of the people’ I’m all ears.

ctk
    Free Member

No more Ukip MEPs

dazh

despite the accusations of being traitors, the racism and the killing of MPs?

If you’re suggesting I agree or have any sympathy with these you couldn’t be more wrong, or more offensive. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt though.

mattyfez

Yeh I don’t see why the brexies can’t answer a simple question.

And no. No I won’t get over it. I’ve stated why more than once in this thread how brexit will damage me and my family.

I’m yet to hear what I can look forward to.

alpin
    Free Member

Did farage ever end up with German citizenship?

As someone was saying the other day, the UK was seen as cool, modern, progressive and generally a positive place /influence on culture,but it’s lost all that.

Now, from where I am in Germany at least, it is seen as an introverted, insular place with ideas of grandeur that they can only aspire to. Maybe those ideas were always there, but now they’ve been exposed and, if brexit goes ahead, it will have lost its place in the world stage. Politically, financially and culturally.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ctk

No more Ukip MEPs

I’ve heard used car salesman and cabinet ministers be more convincing.
    It the EU is really run by unelected burocrats what difference does it make who our mep’s are.

ctk
    Free Member

That’s another one mike – well done brexie

No more ukip MEPs
    No more unelected bureaucrats.

Del

igm, nice to see you back.

Mefty, seriously, you would vote to harm the country because ‘you lot have been mean’?

One reasonable benefit of Brexit. Just one. Quite a few posts have asked for this now. The clarion call remains ( see what i did there? ) unanswered.

Del

No more unelected bureaucrats? What about the biggest increase in civil servants since the last world war!?

ctk
    Free Member

Aka a jobs first brexit well done Del!

So 3 reasons so far, crack on

mefty
    Free Member

Mefty, seriously, you would vote to harm the country because ‘you lot have been mean’?

If you put something in quotes it is best practice to actually include words that the person you purport to quote has actually used.

Del

Oh. I see. Well done. :Roll:

Del

Both of you. Sorry mefty. I did paraphrase. We there another interpretation?

mattyfez

I voted remain you **** prick, there are no benifits that I can see but we lost get the **** over it !!!!

My comment obviously touched a nerve. 😉

So we agree there are no benefits to brexit.

It’s nice to find some common ground.

kerley
    Free Member

I am told the search function is very good now, I am sure you will be able to find them with it.

You will need to use it then as nobody else here seems to see where the flaws are that you are referring to – or might be a case of just you seeing them as flaws?

Point us to them and we can discuss.

dannyh
    Free Member

I see the ‘Reluctant Brexiteer’ trope is persisting as the last throw of the dice of the Leavers on here.

For what feels like about the millionth time:

What are the benefits of Brexit?

Or are we going off on another line of ‘just because people voted for a whole host of (incidentally ALL either bad or wrong) motivations then we must commit economic suicide or self harm’?

Only a very very few Leavers wanted Brexit for achievable and logical goals. Unfortunately they were the exploiters set to make a quick buck and their motivations were entirely selfish.

The remainder voted Leave for a variety of reasons either conscious or subconscious. But all either misguided or wrong. Here are the themes.

Petty jealousy
    Racism
    Xenophobia
    Nationalism
    Nostalgia for an imagined past
    Gullibility
    Fear of change

In varying degrees. Hardly any are ‘honorable’ a few are perhaps understandable, but they are the ones that (irony of ironies) will be made much worse by Brexit.

Respect that?

Errrrrm…… No.

The other key thing is that in the two sets ‘Brexit of any kind’ and ‘things that are good for the country’, there is absolutely no overlap. Not one bit.

Any Brexit is bad. It needs to be stopped.

And before daz and the other apologists wade in with ‘you lot celebrating Leave voters losing their jobs demonstrates why they voted Leave in the first place’ crap for the umpteenth time……

Firstly, their minds were already made up due to the combination of the above motivations.

Secondly, I am not celebrating job losses as a result of Brexit. Any job losses must mean that there are less jobs to go around full stop. That is not good. Also, if someone burnt my house down, I wouldn’t celebrate in court when they got sent to prison. I’ve still had my **** house burnt down. But I wouldn’t have any sympathy either.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

“Siri, show me an example of a metaphor”

zippykona

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Danny H </span>If some idiots voted to burn down your house you’d have to respect their decision though.

bails

Ah yes, the former UKIP leader, long time MEP and leader of his own political party wants to stick it to the “political class”.

dannyh
    Free Member

Ah yes, the former UKIP leader, long time MEP and leader of his own political party wants to stick it to the “political class”.

Every time I see that arsehole it just reminds me of the time I rode through a big pile of dog shit in the local woods.

scratch
    Free Member

….Just an aside, but why does all leave graphical design, the ‘LEAVE MEANS LEAVE’ nonsense Farage is stood in front of above, and the Global whatever the ERG display,

Why does it all look like it was designed in 1976? It looks like it’s all being designed by the person who did all the graphical work for the first series of Tomorrows World?

Why?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Why does it all look like it was designed in 1976?

The thrusting young bucks sitting in front of said logos should give you a clue.

scratch
    Free Member

🙂

kimbers

So farage is charging people to march in the rain, but not doing it himself…

There’s a metaphor for believing brexit’s promises right there

Anyway if the senseless farce of Brexit is getting you down, this will cheer you up

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/our-week-everybody-8cp0j3brr?shareToken=efe265e880cbd75bb2cb13c1412b7c9b

scratch
    Free Member

350 people on that march mind, surely they’ve all got to be of the robust pensioner ilk? who else is going to spend hard earned holiday entitlement, or has the time to walk from Sunderland to London?

I hope Wetherspoons are offering a free pub lunch along the way for their efforts

bowglie

So, anyone going on the People’s Vote march next Saturday?

bowglie

Every time I see that arsehole it just reminds me of the time I rode through a big pile of dog shit in the local woods.

Ah, now you mention it😏

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march
    I was trying to engineer being in London on Friday night/Sat but that fell through, would be nice for some regional ones but I can see the point of getting everyone to London and having the headline number up there. What I really hope is there is still something to vote on by then and people do not lose their nerve over May’s deal.

onewheelgood

Seems to me that Daz and Taxi want us to feed the Leavers berries because that’s what they asked for.

Viewing 40 posts - 62,481 through 62,520 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.