Viewing 40 posts - 59,641 through 59,680 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • binners

Thatcher was truly the spawn of satan, but you knew exactly what she was about. She was on a mission, and there was no ambiguity whatsoever about what it was.

May has absolutely no discernible philosophy, ideology, direction or purpose other than trying to hold the Tory party together at all costs, and cling on to power by her fingertips, even if this means wreaking economic devastation on the entire country.

I honestly believe that if Thatcher would take one look at this present shower, all of whom claim to idolise her, she would be absolutely appalled by the lot of them

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Thatcher was truly the spawn of satan,

Oh don’t be so f*****g ridiculous. 🙄

binners

Anyway, back on topic…

molgrips
    Free Member

Thatcher was worse. I mean May has flushed the UK and everyone in it down the toilet, by being useless. But Thatcher systematically dismantled society on purpose.

mrmo
    Free Member

May has a purpose, she hates difference, she hates foreigners, she will not accept that anyone who might disagree with her is worth wasting her time on.

binners

A timely article in todays Guardian by George Monbiot. just to reinforce whats coming in the event of whats looking more likely by the day… who exactly benefits from a no deal brexit

Why disaster capitalists are praying for a no-deal Brexit

If we crash out of Europe, the dark money that helped to buy Brexit will strive to use this opportunity to tear down our regulations: this, after all, was the point of the exercise.

slowoldman

If you wanted evidence of the desirability of belonging to a large trading bloc, that HuffPost article is it.

GrahamS

Have we done…

retro83
    Free Member
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

But Thatcher systematically dismantled society on purpose.

Bilge.

She took on an enormous pile of crap and changed it into an enormous pile of different-smelling crap with shiny bits in it.  🙄

PrinceJohn

Further to the USA is run by corporations video up the way – here’s what they want from us post Brexit…

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/us-lobbyists-brexit_uk_5c5b26c6e4b00187b5579f64

athgray
    Free Member

Has this been done? Heathrow stockpiling rubber gloves in the event of a no deal to avoid stinky pinkie for security officials.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/08/heathrow-stockpiling-rubber-gloves-from-eu-for-post-brexit-searches

mariner
    Free Member

Brexit Command and Control (sic) Centre hiring at £300 to £400 a day.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/08/brexit-no-deal-crisis-command-centre-starts-hiring-civilians

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and CV in the post 😉 If you can’t beat them take the money and have an escape plan

somafunk

If you wish to amuse yourself for the next hr by shouting at the radio then the long steak of damp piss otherwise known as rees mog is on LBC, the callers have been the usual bunch of **** idiots so far-we need a cull.

dannyh
    Free Member

Brexit Command and Control (sic) Centre hiring at £300 to £400 a day.

Blimey, that’s going to put a dent in the £350m a week for the NHS.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Wonder if I could.use.my QA background in pharma for a role there.

dannyh
    Free Member

Only if you’ve killed thousands of people in a hilarious pipette mixup disaster. You’re going to have to blend in with the bosses, remember, you can’t go embarrassing them by not ballsing up everything you touch. That is not the Brexit way.

I’ll sort if for ten million quid (way less than what this nonsense will cost). Mind you it will only take the time it takes to download the ‘Application for Membership’ form from the E.U. website, so my hourly rate would be high.

“Just sign at the bottom, minister, then **** off if you’d be so kind”.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can you adapt to a rapidly changing set of rules, ignore everything inconvenient, accept being ignored when you say something nobody wants to hear and deal with so much bad news it could power a space ship?

dannyh
    Free Member

Can you adapt to a rapidly changing set of rules, ignore everything inconvenient, accept being ignored when you say something nobody wants to hear and deal with so much bad news it could power a space ship?

Keeping a straight face will also be a key competency.

dannyh
    Free Member

Their biggest problem is that their first two interview questions, presumably, are incompatible:

Do you believe in Brexit?

Is your IQ in excess of your shoe size?

If the required answer to both of those questions is ‘yes’ then they’re recruiting from a pool of precisely zero.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If the required answer to both of those questions is ‘yes’ then they’re recruiting from a pool of precisely zero.

Hence the question that overrides them all “Will you sell your soul for £400/day”

dannyh
    Free Member

Hence the question that overrides them all “Will you sell your soul for £400/day”

You see, I still wouldn’t be able resist it.

“So, dannyh, will you sell your soul for £400/day?”

“Yes, but only if the NHS still gets its extra £350m per week”.

“OUT! We mustn’t have unpatriotic people here”.

mrmo
    Free Member

and in todays, isn’t Brexit so personally wonderful, I got called a provo, years since last time, starting thinking can’t remember being called a taig? This brexit is really going well.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Farage has started his own party.

dissonance

Thatcher was truly the spawn of satan,

A rather simplistic worldview.
    Had plenty of crap policies (in my opinion) but also had limits on them. Problem with the ERG and co is their starting point is way beyond where she decided it should stop.
    That said as a comparison Thatcher got lucky compared to May.
    Her cutting back of the military gave the Argentinians the idea they could take the Falklands but hadnt fully kicked in by the time they tried it. A year later and it would have probably been impossible to retake them thanks to the cuts she was imposing. As it was with the cost of lives she managed to portray herself as a heroine (whereas the previous Labour government had dealt with the Argentinian threats by the casual mention that they had sent a hunter-killer sub to the area which, as per the interaction in the war, would have been more than capable of wrecking the Argentinian navy)
    Likewise with Scargill. She got someone who made serious strategic errors. That plus the oil boom let her get past many really poor decisions.

igm

mickmcd

Farage has started his own party

Splitter

mickmcd
    Free Member

Holy shit …recognised by the electoral commission

Wonder if he could possibly be PM

Northwind

mattyfez

It does not matter, the UK was never going to get a better deal than it already had.. So the placement of the anchor was, and still is, largely irrelevant.

There’s a hell of a lot of room between the status quo and May’s walking abortion of a deal.

DrJ

There was a gammon on C4 news earlier. He voted leave and bought a house in Spain. Now he’s surprised and disappointed to discover that ending FOM affects him and “proper Europeans” as he put it, and not just Eastern Europeans.

And these people object to being called “thick”?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wonder if he could possibly be PM

You really need to work on those ironic smileys.

“So, dannyh, will you sell your soul for £400/day?”

“Yes, but only if the NHS still gets its extra £350m per week”.

“OUT! We mustn’t have unpatriotic people here”.

My true consultant might just come out and get in to take the cash and smash it from the inside

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Yes. If I was taking money to deliver a shit deal for brexiters, I’d still be laughing about it on my death bed.

slowoldman

So it turns the ferry company with no ships can’t deliver.

kimbers

Of course it’s definitely not Chris Graylings fault, but I’m sure people will try & blame him simply because he’s a brexiteer…..

And we all know that brexiteers aren’t responsible for the farce of Brexit

kimbers

2 colleagues have friends working in the civil service, working on brexit.

One advised colleague to make sure his mum a a 6month supply of her meds.

Another did a psychology phd & has now got a job working in fisheries, he said it was like redoing his doctorate in haddock & cod in a month.
    He now advises the government, with the only ministers that have a clue being the Scottish ones with fishing constituencies

Klunk
    Free Member

isn’t Brexit brilliant

According to the Financial Times

Talks between Britain and Japan on a new trade deal after Brexit have “stalled” – highlighting what the paper sees as the UK’s broader struggle to roll over existing EU trade agreements, “let alone secure anything better”.

Japanese officials, it says, have been instructed to extract “every advantage possible”, as Tokyo is confident it can negotiate more concessions from the UK than those it has agreed with the EU.

dantsw13

You mean a negotiation involves 2 sides? Someone had better inform David Davis!

mickmcd
    Free Member

Oh don’t be so f*****g ridiculous. 🙄

This is because Satan is a religious construct….isn’t it

Bregante

There was a gammon on C4 news earlier. He voted leave and bought a house in Spain. Now he’s surprised and disappointed to discover that ending FOM affects him and “proper Europeans” as he put it, and not just Eastern Europeans.

And these people object to being called “thick”? ”

I saw that and thought exactly the same. It would be funny if it wasn’t so damned depressing.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

And when it all turns to shit, these are the people I’m going to remind, on a daily basis, it’s all your **** fault.

Viewing 40 posts - 59,641 through 59,680 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.