Viewing 40 posts - 47,081 through 47,120 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • cchris2lou

The national association of Curry houses supported the Leave campaign as they were told it would increase the numbers of asians chefs coming to the UK .

Their hopes were dashed and they felt cheated when TM visited India and said there would be no more visas for asians to come in the UK .

dissonance

do a shit job for a short time, get paid loads then move on to something else somewhere different.

Yup. A physically hard and possibly mind numbing job is going to be a lot harder if that is your job for the next fifty years and you wont ever be able to buy a house and get some decent savings vs a few years of that and then head home with enough cash to buy something nice and have enough funds to relax a bit.

When at uni I spent a couple of hours doing hard work for long hours to get some spending money. Would have been a bit harder to motivate without the knowledge it was temporary (a STW example would be the occasional threads about spending a couple of years in Saudi Arabia etc for a ton of cash. Some people decide a year or two of crap is worth it).

For the mythical output I remember the same being said for India IT. I spent a few weeks in India running some training. I actually had a complaint about me when as they were running behind schedule I wanted them to work late to catch up. I had to point out that not only would I be working late doing the training but I would also be putting in several more hours either side of the training doing my day job.

kerley
    Free Member

The votes closeness would hint that the majority were indifferent to the EU.

I am indifferent to the EU.  I voted remain because I looked at what we get versus what we would lose by leaving and came to the conclusion (strongly) that we should remain.

That decision was made objectively with no bias, no racism and hopefully only a small amount of ignorance.

mrmo
    Free Member

I am indifferent to the EU.  I voted remain because I looked at what we get versus what we would lose by leaving and came to the conclusion (strongly) that we should remain.

And on the other side you would have leavers, who heard the £350M, they need us, easy trade deals and thought all sounds good why not vote leave it won’t cause me any harm.

There should NEVER have been a referendum because the majority of the electorate would never put the thought in to be able to give a proper answer, and the question should never have been as broad as stay or go, with no definition of what go meant.

dudeofdoom

I sort of twigged pretty early that leaving something you’ve been in for 40 years an was going to be a bit of an undertaking and as it appears an undeliverable.

Manufacturing saying they’ll walk and now finance kicking off an donny sort of tarmacing on May biggly(that he was a gs kinda guy) over trade makes you kinda wonder.

igm

Quote from mooman on another thread

The whole Brexit thing is just an amusing game now of winding of the Remoaners.

So on that basis I think we can conclude a) that a competence test before voting would potentially have excluded mooman from the polling booth and b) he’s just trolling and therefore fair game. 😎

Molgrips – no need to defend him anymore.

Serious Brexies with real points to discuss are of course welcome and should be treated robustly but fairly.

DrJ

Not great if Linconshire is your home.

That’s true regardless of Brexit 🙂

fifo
    Free Member

Molgrips – no need to defend him anymore.

Don’t be cruel, he liked that high horse

ninfan
    Free Member

There should NEVER have been a referendum because the majority of the electorate would never put the thought in to be able to give a proper answer, and the question should never have been as broad as stay or go, with no definition of what go meant.

And you had had an excellent chance to make that point in the run up to the 2015 general election, however the government were elected on a manifesto of giving us that vote, a vote that all major political parties have campaigned on at some point over recent years.

mattyfez

Come off it, Cameron promising a ref. was simply because he, or the Conservatives generally, were scared of losing enough votes to UKIP that Labour might unseat them.

This was never about the good of the country, and is simply the result of Conservative cowardice.. They are not trying to stay in power by virtue of being a good government that makes the country better, they are trying to stay in power by defeating thier ‘opponents’. Completley backwards.

ninfan
    Free Member

Come off it, Cameron promising a ref. was simply because he, or the Conservatives generally, were scared of losing enough votes to UKIP that Labour might unseat them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

whats that ninfan and context in a different location 🙂

Cougar

It’s a leaflet from ten years ago.

Totally relevant of course, because every leaver knows that every time there’s a vote or a statement made, politics then just stops.

Cougar

Oh wait no, “non sequitur,” that’s the term I was thinking of rather than “relevant.”

thejesmonddingo

Ooh,Ninny, I wondered where you’d taken your version of the truth and logic too,I’ll be looking forward to your posts here,Clip clop.

molgrips
    Free Member

****’s sake ninfan.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the plot thickens..

Apart from wanting to know who your shagging and what Piers Morgan looks like when he’s had his head up Trump’s arse there might not be a Brexit!

And now there is a secret plan 🙂 Does it involve pineapple? Will it make the Brexigammons explode?

cornholio98
    Free Member

PMs stark warning to rebels as she pledges: I will not let Brussels water down my deal…

is that because the deal is written as BINO with all the special arrangements or because they will reject it straight out.

mooman
    Free Member

Serious Brexies with real points to discuss are of course welcome and should be treated robustly but fairly.

Bit bit late for that. Unless you haven’ noticed – you lot have not been been discussing anything on this thread for the last 18mths … you’ve just been sharing whatever horrible things you can imagine happening with each other … then elaborating on them together.

*Ninfan is just egging you on for his and others amusement is my guess.

kilo

Another good solid point from the brexit camp, never explain what brexit actually looks like.

dudeofdoom

you lot have not been been discussing anything on this thread for the last 18mths … you’ve just been sharing whatever horrible things you can imagine happening with each other … then elaborating on them together.

True but tbh it’s taken the Gov about 2 years to actually tell us and the eu what they are after so we haven’t really had much material to discuss on and TBH and unless I’ve managed to miss it I don’t think I’ve seen anyone manage to come forward with a list of real positives for leaving that they couldn’t already do if they were arsed(like send people home and blue passports) 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

And NI is starting the descent, no assembly and why would the DUP want one when they have the Tories over a barrel? recriminations. pretty obvious that the idiots on both sides would see the prospect of a hard border as a trigger and justification for their ideas.

But since when do brexiteers give a **** about the UK?

dudeofdoom

<minorAntiEstablishmentRant>

BTW i’m All for what does the country good leave/remain but I don’t currently see leave as ever being a good deal for joe public and the whole things shows just a what jolly escapade it’s been to the Bojos and DD’s who are in it for themselves.

</minorAntiEstablishmentRant>

mooman
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>kilo
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Another good solid point from the brexit camp, never explain what brexit actually looks like.

</div>

This kinda sums up the contemporary Remain argument.

Following the Remainers defeat – the argument was that the thick, racists, and the old all voted for Leave. There were lots of stories of seeing people walking their pit bulls; their zimmer frames … or asking for directions to vote for Leave.

Then came the stories of  .. “I spoke to a person who voted Leave; and now they want to Remain ..”

Now the argument is “they have never given us a plan”

The whole Remain anxiety is built on being ignorant and believing whatever you read.

Another example is the quote of mine that igm gave … read on its own it does not convey the finer points and deeper explanation the previous posts on that thread detailed.

But hey … if it fits your own personal bias eh!

igm

Yep. That about sums up Brexies there mooman

Inclusive (if you call including racists inclusive)

Highly commited (to moaning that things aren’t right – including their vote)

But clueless when it comes to a constructive plan.

And convinced that the majority are biased against them – even though they think they are the majority.

Persecution complex much?

igm

And I did read all of your post that I quoted from. Didn’t see any deep thinking though.

Feel free to enlighten me.

igm

Here you go mooman – your full post. Where’s “the finer points and deeper explanation”  on Brexit?

More like a bit simple – than simplistic.

The whole Brexit thing is just an amusing game now of winding of the Remoaners. But the Trump thing is just crazy … all those odd types wasting their time protesting against a leader of a different country to the one they actually live.

They are just loons worked up by the media. If they had any substance they would all have been waving their placards when the Saudi Royal visited couple months ago.

mooman
    Free Member

Point proven – I did post more; and whilst the other comments may be a tad subtle  … if you read them carefully and try to avoid your ignorance/bias, they adhere to my point very accurately.

dudeofdoom

Mays “My Brexit or no Brexit “ seems an odd thing to say.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I did post more; and whilst the other comments may be a tad subtle

Just post a neat summary here now will be much quicker and simpler. Will save us missing your point. Unless your post in the other thread was true.

igm

Mooman – without causing us all to have to go through the totality of a thread I merely dipped into at, summarise and thrill me with your wit, charm, subtlety and brilliance.

Go on. It’s your opportunity.

That said, you did make the I’m-just-here-to-troll post that I quoted didn’t you? You do stand by that comment?

igm

Mike – are you me?

cchris2lou

Surely if the MP vote her white paper down she will have to resign ?

zippykona

As a completly bigoted arsehole I too yearn for the green grass of freedom outside the EU.

Our government have provided some fantastic propositions to make it happen . The only problem is that these propositions are so ahead of their time that the real world hasn’t had time to catch up with them.

I want my children to have the very greenest grass.

Many people have made the sacrifices for this county’s freedom . It’s time we did too.

Rather than settle for scrubland outside the EU let’s sacrifice our freedom right now ,to give our children and their children’s children the lushest greenest grass possible.

If it takes 50 years for the rest of the world to catch up with our leader’s brave strategy then I am prepared to make that sacrifice.

You do love your children don’t you?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why would she resign, it’s not like she has taken any real hits or lost any functioning parts?

@igm
    lol I guess it’s the only reaction when somebody posts another magic eye post

molgrips
    Free Member

The whole Remain anxiety is built on being ignorant and believing whatever you read.

Can you elaborate on this? I believe industry bosses when they say that Brexit is going to seriously harm their business. Because I can see how.

Who did you believe Mooman? Farage? Johnson? What do you think is going to happen after Brexit and why are we wrong?

igm

igm – agreed

Mike

Edit – darn, got my personas mixed up.

kelvin

I’m so glad we have another Brexit cheerleader telling us that it will work, but that they/government/campaigners don’t need to spell out how it might/could/will work… or what even “work” means in this context. And, if it doesn’t work, it’s the fault of those asking questions about how it could/will/might work. Such fun. Tick… tock… are we ready to trigger A50 yet?

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Foe me its obvious why Brexiteers can not articulate a plan they like the rest of us don’t have a Crystal  ball.  Currently the bitching and moaning has failed to move from an internal political turf war to any form of negotiation. Until the exit is agreed no form of future development plan can be decided.

Trade deals outside the EU (that have potential or value) are very restricted (US Canada Aus NZ) all the talk of future growth outside these economies is as we say in the North of England “arse first” as the future growth is in our direction i.e they want to sell us stuff

As has been pointed out multiple times on here we will have to accept chlorinted chicken, cheap lamb etc to gain trade deals with the US etc. If we want a trade deal with India the  that would require a fair amount of FOM (they have already stated this)

Our over inflated opinion of our place in the world (based upon in reality London and not Great Britain as spouted by the brexitters) will be the death of us.

Finally we would need a highly motivated, well educated work force with a full range of capabilty from picking fruit to rocket scientist’s to succeed and again we are badly lacking in indigenous folks preperared to work 50 hours a week for minimum wage (which will be done away with)

I am sure that there are plenty of people who understand exactly what the plan is however they need to execute it with some stealth.

Klunk
    Free Member

Mays “My Brexit or no Brexit “ seems an odd thing to say.

it is a little bizarre, might bring the brexiteers in line but I doubt it, it’s a veritable incentive for remainers to vote against her proposals.

Viewing 40 posts - 47,081 through 47,120 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.