Home Forums Bike Forum Electrolyte Tablets (Zero,Nuun) in your CamelBak?

• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Electrolyte Tablets (Zero,Nuun) in your CamelBak?
  • philb88
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anyone use the electrolyte tablets in CamelBaks?

They seem ok if you could pre-mix the water and tablets to stop the fizzing, but on an event and needing to top your CamelBak up and drop a tablet in they are going to expand hugely?

Anyone tried dropping them straight in?!

honourablegeorge

Expand? Eh?

Drop them in, they’re absolutely fine.

rewski
    Free Member

Yes, two tabs zipvit watermelon for me, just don’t screw lid on straight away, then wash out with milton after.

philb88
    Free Member

Only as they fizz away with the lid closed the bag blows up huge! Don’t have time to waste in letting it settle down

andyl
    Free Member

As long as you don’t close the valve it’s not a sealed system as under pressure the bite valve will allow water out. If in doubt put something like a toothpick in the valve to hold it open. Or just don’t fill it as much (eg 3L bladder with only 2L in)

Make sure you clean the camelbak thoroughly though as sugary stuff will make the funk grow quicker.

soma_rich
    Free Member

What do you mean expand? I’ve used Nuun for years only put 2 or 3 in my 3L camelbac at a time though I suppose if you put a whole tube in you would generate a bit more fizz …

patriotpro
    Free Member

Just squash the air out before putting lid back on, as you should anyway…

philb88
    Free Member

Was only really if doing a quick refill whilst on an event. As normally I’d just leave it to fizz away before putting the lid on.

But seems like it’ll be fine! Normally only have water in there and bottles for Zero tabs, just know that when full they have a bit of pressure when the tablets fizz away. Especially the CamelBak bottles that spray out when you release the cap!

rewski
    Free Member

a whole tube

😀

njee20
    Free Member

Let it fizz, bite the valve to let air out…

Make sure you clean the camelbak thoroughly though as sugary stuff will make the funk grow quicker.

Ain’t no sugary stuff in Nuum/Zym/H5 Zero.

survivor

I’m one for never putting anything but water in my camelbak. so just take a small water bottle with the electrolyte thing in as well and have a sip every now and then.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I quite like the first mouthful of minerally enriched goodness to come with a bit of “ooomph” – fizz makes you whizz 😀

BillOddie

philb88
    Free Member

They’re the bottles that spray when you’ve put tubs in!

poisonspider
    Free Member

Just to add my name to the “done this loads of times without venting the pressure and never had an issue” brigade.

simondbarnes

I put Coke in mine sometimes. Made the mistake of popping some mints in there once for a bit of a different flavour. Now that did expand!

aracetaren
    Free Member

Hey guys, I’m late to the party but just came across this thread. I don’t find Nuun nearly as fizzy as soft drinks, but yeah occasionally it does develop some pressure in my water bottles. I make a point of leaving the top of the bottle open for a couple minutes just to let some of the pressure out, but it’s not like if I forget it’ll explode and take all the riders I’m with down in an electrolyte-filled mushroom cloud. In a camel pack you could probably get away with just waiting until the tablet dissolves completely until sealing it up, hopefully that helps.

I also just put together a review on Nuuns vs some of the other electrolyte drinks. Take a look if you’re interested and make it’ll help your prep, let me know what you think.

rene59
    Free Member

Take a look if you’re interested …

You’re drinking from a jar. I’m out.

MSP

You are meant to have a beard and a hair bun to drink from a jam jar, frankly you are just not doing it right.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Electrolyte Tablets (Zero,Nuun) in your CamelBak?’ is closed to new replies.