• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • jonba
    Free Member

Tories in gambling on vote shock – not like them at all…

Klunk
    Free Member

Hastings ‘dicey’ for Amber Rudd

Stoner
    Free Member

might stick £20 on hammond at that price.

Still annoyed I had £25 on Mrs Balls at 5-1 for Labour Leader until Scruffy McMarxist got the gig 😀

nick1962
    Free Member

Voting should be online for those who want to, with a visible running total of how many votes each candidate has got so far.That way I could go to bed at a reasonable time.

Junkyard
    Free Member

#FAKE news he said his opinion remained unchanged at 50-100 😉

aracer
    Free Member

As we were then.

ctk
    Free Member

Sunderland Central

Labour 25056
    Tory 15059
    Ukip 2209
    Libs 1777

Klunk
    Free Member

Voting should be online for those who want to, with a visible running total of how many votes each candidate has got so far.That way I could go to bed at a reasonable time.

there really should be a voting app.

mefty
    Free Member

Another result above exit poll for Tories

jonnyboi

Sunderland central in, another swing from ukip to con

kimbers

Exit polls looking wrong based on swing in 1st 3 results

seosamh77
    Free Member

I think only thing we can conclude here is that the newcastle/sunderland area is mental! 😆

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

A lot harder to hack a cross on a bit of paper. Especially if you’ve legislated end to end encryption out of existence.

Klunk
    Free Member

booo, Kimbers stop killing my buzz 😉

Northwind

I have a special dance I will do if Rudd loses her seat, that’d be tonight’s portillo moment

seosamh77 – Member

indyref2 in 2025 is more desirable. and early indyref2 is a bad idea.

Yup. But remember that the whole early indyref2 was about hard brexit- and let’s be honest, about the perceived future of years of tory governments. The SNP’s reduced majority isn’t going to be the biggest factor in stopping indyref2- the actual reasoning probably just went out the window. Even with 50 seats, they wouldn’t be pushing for it with this background. Basically if this poll is right everything in British politics just got reset.

Have to say, as an SNP and Yes voter, I’m actually OK with that- a lot of us more or less moved to independence because we’d lost hope for the UK. I’d be quite pleased to be wrong.

mefty
    Free Member

I think it is going to very regional as I said earlier, need to see another region.

jonnyboi

I don’t think that anyone would argue that newcastle and Sunderland are representative of the UK 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Member
    Especially if you’ve legislated end to end encryption out of existence.

😆

kimbers

Raab is on C4, he was red faced and sputtering earlier 🙂

ctk
    Free Member

Yep Tories outperforming exit polls. gah!

dazh

I can not think of a single member of the tory front bench that has the intellectual capability

Ironically the best candidate is Rudd, who may well lose her seat, or have a tiny majority. They’re not going to risk a leader who might lose her seat at the next election.

Klunk
    Free Member

squirmy tories on the radio.. but but b bbb bbb b but but …

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Re – Amber Rudd, some interesting reading…

Amber Rudd Really Is that Horrible

Klunk
    Free Member

They’re not going to risk a leader who might lose her seat at the next election.

they can parachute her in some where else if need be !

dazh

Yep Tories outperforming exit polls. gah!

Whilst I understand the reality check, it’s 3 seats in the same area which is massively pro-brexit. There is no need to panic, or to get excited. No point in speculating on accuracy of the exit poll until 50 or so seats are in over a proper geographical spread.

mefty
    Free Member

Salmond potentially in trouble apparently.

jambalaya
    Free Member

(exit) polls designed to generate media / viewer interest … I am so cynical about these things these days

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s too much going on here to really call anything. UKIP vote crashes (mostly BLUKIP anyway) vs a large influx (reportedly, anecdotally) of youth vote – presumably to Labour. Postal votes statistically close to exit poll results. Exit poll not out by more than 20ish since 2001.

Plenty going on. More hope for Labour than Tory at the moment but as midland marginals come in, it’ll get interesting.

aracer
    Free Member

Oh I agree. Something else would have to happen before Brexit can happen – I’d imagine another GE this year. If it wasn’t for Brexit then it might be possible for the Tories to soldier on as a minority for a while before Labour had a go. I’m not sure whether the EU are flexible enough to allow us to push everything backwards, but as I wrote before if they get to negotiate with somebody other than May they’ll probably be prepared to be more flexible.

That is still preferable to May et al negotiating Brexit.

(can I stop prefacing my posts with “if the exit polls are accurate”?)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Salmond potentially in trouble apparently.

Well if he’s in trouble then Angus Robertson is toast

Does that mean Salmond could claim another £50k “adjustment allowance” ?

jonnyboi

Huge swing to labour in newcastle east…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What with Apple taking 25% of all votes cast on their devices 😉

mefty
    Free Member

Another result where Tories outperformed exit poll but still same region.

jonnyboi

Is that where the uni resides?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheer up right wingers. Swindon North goes blue. Albeit with a swing to Labour.

aracer
    Free Member

Swindon North as a Tory seat is surely a far better indicator of the accuracy of the polls – phew!

ctk
    Free Member

Swindon North

Labour 21096
    Tories 29431
    Libs 1962
    Ukip 1564
    Green 858

Newcastle East

Lab 28k
    Tory 8k
    Libs 2.5k
    Ukip 1.3
    Green 755

jambalaya
    Free Member

Swindon interesting as UKIP vote goes largely to Labour whereas in NE it’s gone to the Tories

lucorave
    Free Member

I wonder if Sunderland has anything to do with the Nissan factory and the promise of post Brexit investment that had been made. It is one of the biggest employers in the area.

mefty
    Free Member

Tories reckon Salmond ok.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.