• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

I predict that Jeremy will be the big winner in this election.

He’ll be getting double time for a night shift jumping about on a big colourful map all night and Friday off in lieu.

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s spelt “hanged.”

Wishful thinking?

jekkyl

that we’ll all sing along like before?
    and nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all.. . . .

shermer75
    Free Member

The young voters will learn from brexit and get off their lazy teenage arses and turn out in massive numbers, precipitating a hung parliament and a progressive coalition within a month 🙂

inkster
    Free Member

aracers prediction would be heaven,
    jamba’s original prediction would be hell,
    junkyard’s prediction would be purgatory,
    A 68 majority for May would put us in purgatory, which is better than hell and slightly better than where we are now.

ferrals
    Free Member

Only hte young voters registered too late to be on the polling station register (despite being officially registered) and so are being turned away in their hundreds… in Newcastle at least. Will be interesting if they don’t get to vote and it’s a very close seat

Prediction: Tory majority more or less identical to what it is now, total waste of time and money.

nealglover
    Free Member

voters registered too late to be on the polling station register (despite being officially registered) and so are being turned away in their hundreds… in Newcastle at least.

Is this right?

Where did you hear about it.?

BoardinBob

100 majority for the Nazis Tories

All the massive enthusiasm for Labour that I’ve seen will all be in vain.

project
    Free Member

Corbyn to win, huge loses in scotlandshire for the snp, as they realise they have no real power or money without being part of uk plc, and vote labour.

and probably on the off chance labour dont do well, possible unrest tomorrow night, and the police take a while to act as theyre getting their numbers cut.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Hopefully a victory for the party whose supporters are not narrow minded sore losers who spout equality and fairness for all but only mean fair for them.

Edukator
    Free Member

Victory for the Greens then, Mattsccm?

jonnyboi

Hung parliament, I’m still on the optimism curve

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice idea, ie one thread for tonight. I have some replies to add to the other existing threads but will focus on this one.

May to deliver a 75-100 seat Conservative and Unionist Party win with;

Big gains in Scotland (not hard when you have only 1 seat 🙂 )
    Historic wins from Labour driven by UKIP switchers
    Sadly the loss of Jess Phillips from Parliament

Corbynistas will be happy enough with the polls over the last few weeks to keep him on.

Thats a win-win situation right ?

mefty
    Free Member

Lots of regional variation, expect Tories to do well in West Midlands, West Yorkshire, North East and Scotland. Labour will do well in metroplitan areas especially London. Tory votes gained will be more efficient leading to 80 odd majority but could be 100.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’d rather have labour than tories but corbyn for me is not the man I want to lead us.

I decided to vote lib dem, not because I think they’ll get in, but because I’m sick of having to pick between the big two

I’m thinking if more folks voted for who they actually wanted rather than tactically or because their choice is seen as a wasted vote Then one day we may actually have a decent 3rd option

dannyh
    Free Member

Unfortunately I think the result will be more or less the status quo. Announcements within weeks that x or y piece of EU-driven employment legislation is to be ripped up because it makes the U.K. ‘uncompetitive’. Clinking of champagne flutes heard around Ascot.

I can only pray that the younger voters have had a kick up the arse as a result of Brexshit and got out there to vote in numbers.

Tories proclaiming they are the ‘economically responsible’ party twelve months after playing fast and loose with our economic future to pacify the worst elements of their own party and/or UKIP.

Sensible people either laughing bitterly or reaching for a bucket.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I predict my border wall campaign will start sometime around 6.42am! 😆

edhornby

my hunch is that May ends up with the same majority she started with; the tabloid press have made sure that tories will get in, the same way they delivered brexit and the 2010 silent tory win and Tony Blair when he did his deal with Rupe…

**** me do we need proper political reform in this country

Klunk
    Free Member

We’ve really had a run of shocking PMs on both sides 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JI9gYtJXZBI[/video]

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SYfOmupcI_w[/video]

nick1962
    Free Member

Tory landslide in line with the 100-150 seats Jamba originally predicted.

I’d like a hung parliament though.
    A hung/hanged Jamba wasn’t an option on the ballot paper ,far too politically incorrect to the chagrin of some of those on here no doubt 😉
    Tory win sadly so Jamba and his cronies will get their way

Efficiency and progress is ours once more
    Now that we have the Neutron bomb
    It’s nice and quick and clean and gets things done
    Away with excess enemy
    But no less value to property
    No sense in war but perfect sense at home
    The sun beams down on a brand new day
    No more welfare tax to pay
    Unsightly slums gone up in flashing light
    Jobless millions whisked away
    At last we have more room to play
    All systems go to kill the poor tonight
    Gonna kill kill kill kill kill the poor
    Kill kill kill kill kill the poor
    Kill kill kill kill kill the poor tonight
    Behold the sparkle of champagne
    The crime rate’s gone, feel free again
    Oh, life’s a breeze with you, Miss Lily White
    Jane Fonda on the screen today
    Convinced the liberals it’s okay
    So let’s…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I[/video]

spekkie
    Free Member

I hope someone is busy in a back office somewhere working on a plan for Brexshit while all this is going on. . . . .

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Tories to retain power, but only just – not the sort of gains May was hoping for – slight loss of seats

Labour to make some gains, larger share of the vote than last time

SNP to lose a few seats (pretty hard for them to make any gains)

Lib Dems might gain a couple of seats

UKIP see a notable drop in the share of the vote – no MP’s

All other parties pretty much unchanged

scotroutes

There’s a chance that Corbyn could be the winner. If Labour close or maintain the gap (by popular vote) then the PLP might realise it would have been better not to have been stabbing him in the back this past couple of years.

May is already damaged goods. Allowing the spotlight to fall on herself so much was a bad decision – one borne out of a misguided sense of her own capabilities.

Ruth the mooth will find her “vote Tory for no Indyref2” stance will come back to bite her.

Poor wee Kezia will be put out of her misery.

jonnyboi

Just read the latest polls and now in the trough of disillusionment. Tory 50 seat majority

ferrals
    Free Member

Twenty minutes left…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

People are being turned away at the polling stations, even though they’ve registered to vote. Something to do with having “registered too late”, even though they’ve had a confirmation email etc.

lucorave
    Free Member

My heart says Labour but my head says hung Parliament at best.

Too much media resistance.

mrmo
    Free Member

As i think it is certain that May is going to win, i guess the question is how long till May gets replaced? I really can’t see her in power in 5 years.

Klunk
    Free Member

broadcast exit poll

tories short by 12 😯

theotherjonv

interesting……

mrmo
    Free Member

just seen the exit poll…..

This might actually be interesting.

In which case, will May make it through the weekend!

frankconway

Exit poll – tories 12 seats short.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

On an interesting side note I sometimes meet Dimbleby whilst he’s walking his badly behaved dogs.

ctk
    Free Member

Omfg

shermer75
    Free Member

Omg!! Exit poll is saying hung parliament. Unbelievable!!

oldnpastit

That would be nice. It’ll do terrible things to the stock markets, but the Tories seem to be good at that recently.

jonnyboi

Holy ball bags

Progressive alliance anyone?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

It’s all cobblers and filling at the moment, till the first results come in.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.