• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • convert

Mefty – you said 25% postal, the figure I’d seen was 16%. Genuine question. Got a source?

BBC1 30secs ago 😀

igm

Right. Off to bed I’m in the bike at 0600.
    Prediction before I go. Tories still have a majority but reduced.
    See if it’s as good as Jamba’s (who must currently be hoping the opinion polls, not the exit poll, were right)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oldies vote more via postal votes and they arent included in exit polls
    v large postal turnout so I suspect itll go back the other way

just addressed this on the BBC and he said there is no difference between postal votes and polling station data and I guess they would know this as its their poll

Klunk
    Free Member

igm

Convert – I’d got the 16% figure off the Beeb too. Ah well.

convert

Oldies vote more via postal votes and they arent included in exit polls

Students often do too

Whilst the exit pole result would be stupendous from my perspective I’m not going to believe it yet. I’ve been burnt too many times before.

Junkyard
    Free Member

who’s top choice for fantasy PM? I can not think of a single member of the tory front bench that has the intellectual capability, honesty and candour to run the show competently. Maybe Hammond at a stretch, but only because he hasnt really done anything noteworthy or stupid.

I think you are right, there is a dearth of talent, at the countries disposal, within the tory party and I go for a long shot

Dave comes back as PM

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

who’s top choice for fantasy PM?

What are the roolz? Does the PM have to be an MP?

Klunk
    Free Member

tjagain

exit poll has snp 22 loses but the bbc seat predictor has only 11 gains for non snp parties in scotland. something odd in the methodology

ctk
    Free Member

G.O kicking himself I bet

tjagain

deadlydarcy – Member

who’s top choice for fantasy PM?

What are the roolz? Does the PM have to be an MP?

I think so. directly elected by mps from the mps

mrmo
    Free Member

Ken clark for PM?????

ctk
    Free Member

tjagain – Member

exit poll has snp 22 loses but the bbc seat predictor has only 11 gains for non snp parties in scotland. something odd in the methodology

Scotland Exit Polls are mental, gives one cause to pause over the rest of them.

Klunk
    Free Member

Laura Kuenssberg

Things are very, very dicey for Theresa May if the exit poll is correct.

One senior Conservative party member has told me Mrs May is seen as having made mistakes during the campaign and “she will not be allowed to fight the next general election”.

If the Conservatives secure a majority of 30 or below, then she’s very damaged by that.

If she ends up with no overall majority she is very, very damaged, and even if that climbs up to 25 or 30 she’s very tarnished.

Remember, she didn’t have to call this election.

seosamh77
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Scenario:

Corbyn led coalition of chaos, propped up by Sinn Féin.

Impossible I know, but imagine the froth from our pet Right Wing nut jobs.I think I would die laughing! 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

God help us, Boris is at 5 to 1 to replace May!

He’d be the obvious candidate to do so. Some here hoping for May’s demise perhaps haven’t thought that through.

frankconway

@aracer – my point was that NOM is untenable for full 5 yr term and negotiating brexit on that basis would be a huge challenge; more than it currently is.
    I was not referring to either main party specifically.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ken clark for PM?????

Stoner, zip your flies back up!

igm

I believe a Lord can be PM. Though not recently and it would be almost unthinkable.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ken clark for PM?????

**** yeah! *droolz*

Stoner, zip your flies back up!

too late, already spaffed.

igm

Boris? The Euros would die laughing.

frankconway

Amber Rudd’s campaign manager says her seat is ‘too close to call’.

Klunk
    Free Member

Paul Nuttall getting nervous

if the exit poll is true then Theresa May has put Brexit in jeopardy. I said at the start this election was wrong. Hubris.

😀

kimbers

Rudd for PM looking impossible- labour think they might be taking her seat 😯

slowster
    Free Member

If the exit poll is accurate, then the overwhelming focus of the political parties will not be Brexit, the economy, terrorism or anything else to do with governing the country: their overriding concern will be the next (likely early) election.

For the Conservatives, that means the most important thing will be to choose a new leader who can win the next election. It will not matter what wing of the party they come from, or whether they were pro Brexit or anti Brexit, or whether they want a hard or soft Brexit; all that will matter to the Conservative MPs is whether the new leader can win the election. So even though many of them believe he put naked self interest above the best interest of the country when he came out in support of Brexit, they will elect Boris Johnson as their new leader, because they think his charisma and political star/celebrity quality will help them win.

Klunk
    Free Member

Amber Rudd to close to call

jonnyboi

Has a bipartisan brexit negotiation team ever been proposed?

seosamh77
    Free Member

regarding the SNP loses, if it plays out like that i’m not too fussed, just backs up my thoughts that a 2nd ref is a bad idea and that scots will cling to the uk coattails while this brexit mess happens.

indyref2 in 2025 is more desirable. and early indyref2 is a bad idea.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sleep well @igm off to bed soon myself, will have a quick check of results around 5am

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Tory HQ morning meeting.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XIwUxmtX5U[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It gets better and better 🙂 with the modern tech when can we cross live to Jamby and ninfan for live video?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

God help us, Boris is at 5 to 1 to replace May!

[X] – I did my bit to try and stop that from happening.

jonnyboi

‘Daily fail’ front page reads ‘Britain on a knife edge’

Deliberately provocative?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Lol @ ccp

rene59
    Free Member

11 lost and 11 too close to call they say. But they called it anyway at 22 loses. At least it gives them the first few hours of coverage with something to talk about before everyone goes to bed and wakes up to the results…

Klunk
    Free Member

odds on new tory leader

Boris Johnson now 2/1 to replace Theresa May as Tory leader. Philip Hammond (7/1), Sajid Javid (12/1) and Michael Gove (14/1)

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

what ever you say about JC he is good for democracy if he has mobilized the youth vote.

dazh

Some here hoping for May’s demise perhaps haven’t thought that through.

Aside from the fact that anything you say should come with a ‘100-150 seat majority’ pinch of salt, you actually think Boris will be a better PM than May?

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.