• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • jam-bo

ninfan – Member
    Bloody hell

Another election in a fortnight by the look of things

POSTED 12 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

You right wingers eh. why can’t you just accept the will of the people 😉

theotherjonv

When Mr May next gets instructed to take the bins out, I hope there’s space in them for her credibility.

stumpyjon

Well we are really all in it together now, up to our necks and sinking fast. This result doesn’t help anyone, yes Labour have improved, especially given where they started from but they’re still a long way from government on this showing.

The only silver lining I can see is it might at least knock a 2nd Scottish referendum into the long grass for a while.

codybrennan
    Free Member

igm –
    Worse that that a Conservative & Unionist and DUP coalition? (Of chaos)

And I did espouse that conspiracy you mention at one point. For the record, it was banter, I didn’t believe it.

Which will mean:

DUP insisting on a borderless Brexit.

In turn meaning a compromise on Hard Brexit.

etc…..

seosamh77 – Member – Block User – Quote
    cross party national unity government should have been the default position going into the brexit negotiations in the first place.

Agreed.

squirrelking
    Free Member

9 votes in it. Which faction is going to come out in front?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the BBC are pulling out the knives, lots of “what we all knew” but nobody talked about.

igm

jambalaya – Member
    Clearly a massive miscalculation to call the election. Exit poll looks to have been fairly accurate. Ex-UKIP votes seem to have varied between Labour and Conservative. Big swing to Tories in my constituency (a Leave) not mirrored elsewhere.

And we agree. Morning Jamba.

Like I said after June 23, and after the A50 vote, Brexit isn’t over and the fight against it is really in it’s infancy.

johnnystorm

Aside from Donald we looked a joke anyway with May driving us over a cliff with Brexit insanity. I’d argue we looked like a country that had finally realised we were being led by an imbecile.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I know, those damm fixed term parliaments should have fixed this, such a shame she was forced to call an election, literally backed into a corener and given no other option.

Fair play to Labour and Corbyn and I blame the tories 100% for this shambolic state of affairs.

SO fingers crossed it ends with an SNP / Labour coalition. I am keen to sit back and see how it pans out.

seosamh77
    Free Member

codybrennan – Member

DUP insisting on a borderless Brexit.hmm, sense and dup aren’t words that go together.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Clearly Tory govt propped up by DUP but it will **** up their plans for just about everything including but not limited to brexit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hmm, sense and dup aren’t words that go together.

and you don’t need to be when your the only thing between a government and no confidence

dissonance

Relying on 10 votes is being held hostage not working together

Yup. It could be discribed as a coalition of chaos.

igm

flanagaj – want a £1 bet on no SNP-Labour coalition? It ain’t going to happen.

seosamh77
    Free Member

glenrothes snp, majority 2! 😆

fifeandy
    Free Member

Ahh ****, SNP hold NE Fife by 2 votes

squirrelking
    Free Member

jekkyl

My seat, Stoke South has fallen to a 12yr old Tory by 669 votes. 😡

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The democratic coin was put back in the box

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Some actual facts from jambalaya, an entire post without crowing from an obviously shocked ninfan.

Just waiting now for chewkw to clock in.

I predict the return to business as usual from our third erudite commentator.

piemonster

What odds now for a Norway style Brexit deal?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d have to say with the exception of residing in the JRM bubble it’s a tough one to spin as anything other than a disaster – expect to hear every line as to why she needed the majority read back to her.

seosamh77
    Free Member

DUP, “we’ve suddenly become very important”, sends shivers through my spine.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Oh go on then!

piemonster

Just waiting now for chewkw to clock in.

It’s already posted elsewhere gloating at the perceived damage inflicted to the UK.

squirrelking
    Free Member

They’re not important yet, still short of a majority by 3 seats.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Still feeling like a possible Lab/etc coalition to me- no way will May et al reach a compromise quickly with the DUP, or whoever is needed for a prop-up. She and the Cons are still driven heavily by the UKIP agenda, Farage and her press-baron leaders will see to that, and the softer-brexit that the DUP will demand will get her crucified. So- she’s stymied.

Whereas Corbyn seems to be a fairly speedy negotiator and able to talk to people.

So don’t rule it out.

seosamh77
    Free Member

squirrelking – Member
    They’re not important yet, still short of a majority by 3 seats.

322 is the majority, sinn fein will never enter uk parliament. sitting at +1 DUP/tory maj coalition at the moment.

igm

I think no crowing from anyone would be good.

We won’t know the really election result until long after the last constituency is declared.

igm

flanagaj – Member
    Oh go on then!

Virtual handshake.

Settlements by Paypal or in person in the form of a pint?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is the guy charged with funding problems in yet?
    Add in a few tory rebels and the 2 sides of a euro scrap party about to move onto it’s toughest negotiation – the elephant is currently taking a dump in the middle of the room.
    At every single vote the tory party has to be on message, splits and arguments will make them look less strong, less stable and less like they can deliver anything at all.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ah are they still doing that?

**** off Vine…

flanagaj
    Free Member

Settlements by Paypal or in person in the form of a pint?

Most likely Paypal as I’m currently purchasing a one way flight to Australia!

spekkie
    Free Member

So the Tories calling for a Brexit referendum was a miscalculation and the Tories calling for a snap election was a miscalculation . . .

Sounds like they know what they’re doing 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Most likely Paypal as I’m currently purchasing a one way flight to Australia!

Check the return prices, was only a couple of hundred more than one way some times, had it there just in case. One pound ain’t going to do a pint here 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Pleased to say my seat has swung 7000 votes and we’re Labour again.

Neighbours are going to be pissed off and it’s all out war amongst the outlaws!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

All over now BTS.

Just waiting now for May to channel Gordon Brown outside Number 10.

Time to do the daily prep of the plunge pool but leave the TV on…

greentricky
    Free Member

So if we have another election in the immediate future, will the Scots vote the same?

seosamh77
    Free Member

greentricky – Member
    So if we have another election in the immediate future, will the Scots vote the same?

probably.

BoardinBob

Morning

75 – 150 tory majority eh?
    8)

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.