• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • dissonance

Is the guy charged with funding problems in yet?

Yup. Got a rather hefty majority so even if he does run into legal difficulties suspect the tories probably wouldnt need to worry about the byelection.
    Unless Farage comes back from trumpton to compete it.

jekkyl

Heavy losses for wee Jimmy Krankie. No-one wanted a 2nd scot indy ref, get back in your box Jimmy.

vinnyeh

Richmond Park on third recount apparently, Kensington having to recount as well, rather unbelievably

dissonance

Goldsmith is back by 45 votes.
    Not quite as nutty as that 2 votes in Scotland but still.

scotroutes

Recount in Dudley too – 23 votes in it…

Scamper
    Free Member

SInn Fein don’t take up their seats do they, so with the DUP the Cons already there?

greentricky
    Free Member

yep, had enough for a while

codybrennan
    Free Member

Can we assume yet that the underlying desire for a Hard Brexit in the populace* is now gone?

*If it wasn’t just a media confection all along.

thecaptain
    Free Member

There never was any sort of majority for a specific brexit plan.

Sandwich

DUP, “we’ve suddenly become very important”, sends shivers through my spine.

Me too, our timezone will shift back by 50 years if they had their way. 😀

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Beware the Ides of June

Boris, is that a knife I see before me?

And just seen John Redwood on the telly, possibly the most deluded person I’ve seen so far.
    Glad Stephen Lloyd is back in my local seat.

Into the fire………

theotherjonv

Blame-game well underway: Conservative sources saying David Davis was Cabinet minister who pushed hardest for snap poll.

Please be true – he’s a bigger **** than May.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

There it is. With no Sinn Fein sitting and support from the DUP, she’s not going anywhere.

Redwood not so deluded after all, then

kimbers

Real shame that racist Zac Goldsmiths has sleazed his way back into parliament by just 45 votes

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“Erm Guy, Donald, Jean-Claude, about that indefinite extension we were talking about before we lost our mandate…”

😆

martinhutch

I’m just waiting for the Maybot’s three word sum-up of the situation before I make any judgement.

convert

Electorate took a steaming shit down May’s throat. She might not be able to do a runner and have live with her own mess. Dreadful arrogant woman got her just deserts. Whoring herself to Trump for me was the moment she unified the young vote against her.

But….Labour still lost and in terms of seats lost bad. Whilst seeing May getting a kicking was very pleasurable there were no actual winners.

leffeboy

Still can’t work out how you can go from landslide to this in such a short time. This really is the time for surprise results but they keep coming – happily in this case

Rockape63
    Free Member

Very well summed up Convert…..you should be on telly! 😆

Rockape63
    Free Member

So we’ve had Cameron misjudging the country when he called the EU referendum and then resigning when he got the wrong result, to May doing pretty much exactly the same thing. Although she may be forced to stay for now! Happy days!

seosamh77
    Free Member

May no intention of stepping down! 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

+1 convert – excellent summary

See, I told you all that the Tories should have gone for either Rees-Mogg or Wee Ruthie as leader.

mrmo
    Free Member

Kennsington, tellers sent home, need to sleep before trying to count again…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dear Tory Lickspittle Forelock-tugger,

It’s a fact that if we lose just six seats, we will lose our majority and Jeremy Corbyn will become prime minister…[…]

Theresa May

RustySpanner

I’ve just had the strangest dream…….
    Oh, hang on.
    🙂

We live in interesting times.

greentricky
    Free Member

Shame Labour and Lib Dems didn’t fully embrace the progressive alliance, loads of these seats with small margin’s they would of won and have a non Tory majority now

docrobster
    Free Member

Agree with convert.
    Tory dicks like redwood on telly trying to say that the country has voted for a conservative government with a bit more public spending “round the edges” show me that the arrogant arse holes won’t change their tune though…

nickc

Still can’t work out how you can go from landslide to this in such a short time.

Because the campaign was shitty, people have had enough of austerity, kids came out to vote. May just isn’t popular enough.

Craig Whittiker (Calder Valley) has had his majority cut from 3500 to 700 here. massive swing to Labour

Stoner
    Free Member

Craig Whittiker (Calder Valley)

Im astonished it’s even blue in the first place.

Here in blue-rinse-shire tory majority has grown by 5% at the expense of the UKIP flirtation last time around.

Unexpectedly LDs making absolutely no impact despite aracer’s efforts…

deadkenny
    Free Member

My main disappointment is Lord Buckethead didn’t win.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/06/09/all-hail-lord-buckethead-our-new-king/

dannyh
    Free Member

spekkie – Member
    So the Tories calling for a Brexit referendum was a miscalculation and the Tories calling for a snap election was a miscalculation . . .

Sounds like they know what they’re doing

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

This.

Whichever way the Tory fanboys try to spin this, it is one in the eye for the conservatives and more importantly one in the eye for the yacht owners who are queuing up behind the Tories to screw the majority over in the name of ‘economic competition’.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/video]

Swivel-eyed loons – your moment is over. It was an illusion and it barely lasted 18 months. Comey has gone on record saying Trump lied. All that needs to happen now is for that orange buffoon to be impeached and we can get back to reality.

NZCol

Or Mr Fishfinger. That would have been an upset.

Certainly interesting times and a reflection, in my opinion, of a divided country – brexit, indyref and dissatisfaction have all played their part in some tactical voting. Whoever has the job of Brexit is in a no-win, while we may have voted for it on a majority, now the ‘it’ is becoming properly real the sentiment feels like it’s changed, the Tories have done an awful job of managing public sector, NHS in particular and not optically managed their way out of the rich getting richer. Labour bounced well as their manifesto while a touch worrying economically feels ‘right’. How they would land it without breaking the economy wholesale would be interesting, esp. with Brexit. SNP massive bloody nose which just reflects the populace being p1ssed off with Nippy not doing her job and focusing on indyref2. Thats all my opinion anyway. Taxation of the ‘rich’ worries me, brexit confidence is low and I am personally seeing the impact by working on redundancy and move projects – make no mistake there will be a downturn from it, my fear is when the tax part is looekd at properly the middle will be squashed – those that have worked hard to get there will be penalised while as always the uber rich will find a way round it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think she ran a terrible campaign . She made it all about her being strong and stable [ most local MPS had the I am standing with theressa on their leaflets- then hid from the electorate and the other candidate whilst giving only prepared answers to questions – mainly not from the public. She just generally looked incredibly uncomfortable and a charisma/confidence free vacuum and an opportunistic with few , if any , principles

One of the worst campaigns i can recall

Couple that with Jezza getting a fair amount of air time on tv and the people seeing he was reasonable, passionate and believed what he said and he meant it. People are sick of austerity and they do want the rich to pay more and for services to improve.
    Offering an alternative to those who thought they were all the same and we had the perfect storm to give her a hoof in the slats

Bye bye Mummy

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

20+ lead in the polls to this. 😆

nickc

Im astonished it’s even blue in the first place.

The good folk of the People’s Republic of Hebden Bridge would agree with that. He doesn’t show his face here much, fo’shure

kimbers

So where’s the mandate for mays hard Brexit now

Norway model here we come?

Junkyard
    Free Member

she never had one anyway and this was just the final proof of that.
    I think the evidence of this swing is that a Brexit vote could not be won currently – what will happen re this then

How about another election and a ref on the same day this time next month

Interesting times ahead for us all re Brexit as a weak and divided tory party with no majority is hardly anyone’s choice to lead us into the negotiations.

ninfan
    Free Member

So where’s the mandate for mays hard Brexit now

I always thought it was anti-ukip positioning that would be negotiated away.

RustySpanner

Piers Morgan gracious in victory as usual.

What a hateful man.

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.