• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

and the numbers now settle the no chance of majority. I’m fairly sure anything with a minus in front of it is less than 50 seats 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Well is this the **** up of the century, question is by who?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Seriously? There’s a question?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Assesment on the BBC was that snap elections never work – the question that gets asked is why now? Undermines the incumbant a lot. Second part is the level of arogance in the campaign along with complacency.
    Scottish Cons have saved her for this evening at least.
    Other thoughs mirror what has been said about absent or quiet candidates, hitting the targes hard left the safe or marginal holds weak especially with a lift in turnout. You can win the same number of votes and drop your %.

After that as was the case with Macron personal attacks with no policy substance there is a mistake.

fin25
    Free Member

Any general election where the DUP are the happiest party is a weird election indeed.
    Dimbelby’s already negotiating brexit with them…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Unsurprisingly, no Conservative politicians available for interview.

Oh it’s all gone quiet over there.

anagallis_arvensis

Seriously? There’s a question?

May has been utterly shite but labour have still lost to them!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

May has been utterly shite but labour have still lost to them!!

There is only one party that has lost. The others have failed to win – It’s an important distinction to make.

What May Borris Gove [InsertNameHere] has to give up to get others onside to pass anything will probably seriously compromise the chances of government.

milky1980
    Free Member

Just woke up to this.

I have no idea where this leaves us.

F***** basically. No solid result for any party means any legislation will be stuck in parliament and any Brexit negotiations will be seriously compromised. Expect markets to crash heavily this morning over the uncertainty we now face. Unless we have another election that returns a majority soon we’re really in the mire for a while now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

anyone want to get some cheap t shirts

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ten votes available from the DUP to get her over the line to 328.

If she can get a solid, she might yet hang on…

anagallis_arvensis

There is only one party that has lost. The others have failed to win – It’s an important distinction to make.

True but Labour should have won shouldnt they…still on balance I’m **** delighted!!

v8ninety

I see that Corbyn has consigned Labour to banishment from front line politics for a generation due to his hard left, nigh on communist politics, just as predicted by the STW pet rabid right wing frothers (and Binners)… oh wait

mikewsmith
    Free Member

True but Labour should have won shouldnt they…still on balance I’m **** delighted!!

Given the starting point I’d say it was even, it was unsumountable when the election was called. To get this close and May dropping votes every day, a longer campaign and May would have continued to mess up. At this point I’d put better odds on another election than business as usual. Starting from here Labour can go up.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Clearly a massive miscalculation to call the election. Exit poll looks to have been fairly accurate. Ex-UKIP votes seem to have varied between Labour and Conservative. Big swing to Tories in my constituency (a Leave) not mirrored elsewhere.

anagallis_arvensis

I agree but labour shouldnt have been so far behind in the first place

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Series of actual facts from you jamb.

No coffee yet?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thankfully seems to be a huge retreat away from “hard brexit” and I just heard the words cross party consensus!!

Ten votes available from the DUP to get her over the line to 328.

If she can get a solid, she might yet hang on…
    Relying on 10 votes is being held hostage not working together, it means whenever you need anything you have to conceede something.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I said this before…..it won’t be Boris.

He’s still Murdoch’s boy, and won’t be tainted by Brexit. He’ll be held in abeyance until the time is right, and that looks like a few years off.

It will be someone random.

v8ninety

I agree but labour shouldnt have been so far behind in the first place

They’ve been trailing hugely ever since they positioned themselves as ‘like Tories but untested and a bit more dull’ with Milliband et al. This is the start of the resurgence, when they actually, for the first time in about twenty years, offer a genuine alternative.

seosamh77
    Free Member

**** dup/tories looking likely here! 🙁 brutal.

Only good thing here was waking up to see May’s mug, someone that knows the shoogly nail is just about to fall out.

winning line changes to 322 eh, since sinn fein took 3 sdlp seats.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thank the chuff for that.

Get out May, you are a nasty piece of work as a human. To think you could run this country into the ground with your belligerent nasty vile policies and followers fell foul, hung by your own noose.

Good riddance.

Next up BoJo and that tosser Davis.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So at 6am who has moved straight from alcohol to coffee?

Going to be a slow day for the right wing, sure they will be all wailing and moaning how unfair it was that people didn’t understand Jeremy was a terrorist and wanted to give the UK to Russia. I expect them all to be preparing to take to the streets to support which ever puppet gets stuck up to be shot at as PM of a minority government doing deals with the DUP in order to limp along like a donkey in the grand national.

Bring on Brexit negotiations where nobody knows who will turn up.

and we thought JC was a threat to the nation, looks like May has totally screwed it.

ninfan
    Free Member

Bloody hell

Another election in a fortnight by the look of things

fifeandy
    Free Member

Well this is looking like quite a mess going forward.
    Can’t see Conservatives getting much through parliament, although having said that, they didn’t seem to have much in the way of new policy anyway.

My seat still to announce, hopefully continues trend of SNP losses.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Hmm….Ruth Davidson.

Could be.

Can still see a ‘Safe Brexit Alliance’ forming between Lab and others, keeping the Tories out.

seosamh77
    Free Member

scotland propping up whatever tory gov will come out of this as well. utterly shameful. 🙁

this is a terrible result.

grahamt1980

Anyone think our dear leader theresa might actually be happy after this?
    Very unlikely she will have to try to negotiate brexit now.
    It almost feels like she has been lining this up for a while

squirrelking
    Free Member

Well at least the old “Scotland has never influenced the result of a general election” trope can be put to bed. Silver linings.

Can think of worse people than Davidson. Dugdale for Deputy given her sterling work in campaigning for the Tories?

codybrennan
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member – Block User – Quote
    scotland propping up whatever tory gov will come out of this as well. utterly shameful.

Maybe not Joe, still could be scope for a cross-party alliance.

May gone by lunchtime in the new Cameronian tradition.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I have just woken up to what is comparable to being told a nuclear bomb has been dropped.

A potential Labour / SNP coalition 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thise 13 seats in Scotland will buy her a month

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, I do.

The unknown Brexit negotiations ahead, a sour EU willing to hit us hard Mays right.. she’s played this a blinder.. let some other mug take the blame….

Or, at least We get an opportunity to decide what negotiations go ahead, We get to decide whether We want to accept any “deal” and We’ve shown her the easy door to get out.

Stirlings bombed again, but that was expected by Us in my world. Profit takers taking Profits.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Anyone think our dear leader theresa might actually be happy after this?
    Very unlikely she will have to try to negotiate brexit now.
    It almost feels like she has been lining this up for a while

The conspiracy theorists amongst us think she threw it on purpose.

igm

A potential Labour / SNP coalition

Worse that that a Conservative & Unionist and DUP coalition? (Of chaos)

And I did espouse that conspiracy you mention at one point. For the record, it was banter, I didn’t believe it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

codybrennan – Member
    Maybe not Joe, still could be scope for a cross-party alliance.

cross party national unity government should have been the default position going into the brexit negotiations in the first place. canny see a belligerent tory party agreeing to that, particularly when they have another option.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The conspiracy theorists amongst us think she threw it on purpose.

TBH she it just not suited to campainging, or dealing with real people.
    Some of the stuff about trying to push into the North and places they had not had MP’s for a while works with the idea of haivng a headline leader to push the party up there. Just didn’t have the right leader.
    Also I’m sure she doesn’t actually know how crap she is, she is PM after all…

flanagaj
    Free Member

A hung parliament is the last thing this country needs. From a global perspective we must look like a complete joke. And as for negotiating ‘Brexit’ now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

flanagaj – Member
    A hung parliament is the last thing this country needs.

I know, those damm fixed term parliaments should have fixed this, such a shame she was forced to call an election, literally backed into a corener and given no other option.

igm

ninfan – Member
    Bloody hell

Another election in a fortnight by the look of things

Problem for the Tories there is that a good number of people will want revenge on them for calling unnecessary elections – including some of their own faithful.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.