Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Edinburgh Group Night rides?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I quite like night rides, but not on my own, as I’m scared of wolves and doggers..

Anyone fancy arranging a weekly ride round the pentlands over the winter?

honeybadgerx

Only if I can dress as a sexually deprived werewolf.

Definitely up for it, though will no doubt be crap and forget all the time.

tpbiker
    Free Member

well at least you’ll be warm!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Are dogs allowed?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yes.
    I have to go up and down the canal for uni anyway so can easily meet

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You’ll have had your tea?…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Never seen any doggers in the Pentlands. East Lothian however…

tpbiker
    Free Member

If we can do a loop that doesn’t involve the dog chasing sheep then of course! I wish I could take mine, but it would be carnage!

Anyone interested send me a pm with your email or phone number (if you have whatsapp I can start a group) and I’ll get something arranged.

I’m based in dalry, so meet at canal, or near harlow for anyone out that way?

FYI – I have very little knowledge of the pentlands other than the basic loop, so happy with route suggestions

Also, I’m not ridiculously slow, but I’m not fast, so hopefully this can be a leisurely pace!

tpbiker
    Free Member

Never seen any doggers in the Pentlands. East Lothian however…

Perhaps not technically dogging, but I remember doing some hill repeats of puke hill a few years back, and some dude was getting blown off in his astra. Didn’t get an invite to join in however…looked to be enjoying himeslf though, which is the main thing

alangrozier
    Free Member

im too unfit for those kinds of shennanigans

bigjim

I think the last group ride I went on there was a very amorous couple parked up by loganlea reservoir of all places 😆

myopic
    Free Member

Maybes. There were a few last year on Wednesday evenings starting late August into September, with 3-5 people off here.

Edit: it was early Sept – here’s the thread:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pentland-wednesdays-mega-thread

Maybe resurrect it?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Potentially up for this.

fatmax

Won’t make it every week but would try and make it if kids / work allows…

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ll pm everyone who has expressed an interest..

scotroutes

Meh.

Bring back TBC Wednesdays!

If this goes ahead I may pop down for a ride. It’ll be interesting to see what’s changed in 4 years.

tjagain

I’d be up for this on evenings I am not working

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Can you not just update on here? If I’m free I’ll just have a look on here and it means I’m not handing out my details to someone I’ve never met or downloading another app I’ll hardly ever use.

ojom
    Free Member

I could bring back TBC Wednesdays but they wouldn’t kick off til about 8. Got wee one to hang out with innit.

Plus I’m basically all roady now anyway so my extensive lycra collection might get ripped.

Wednesday was going to be Zwift night dans la garage/Rex Kwan Do Dojo.

We could simply smash each other up and down puke hill for an hour every Wednesday then hit the pub to rehydrate.

tjagain

Any update? I seem to be working most Wednesdays at the moment but I am keen to get some night riding in again

tpbiker
    Free Member

Sorry folks, been preoccupied with trying to find my lights!

What days suit everyone.. Work dependent I can do pretty much any day other than Fridays..

Ill take guidance on the best meeting point.. Dependent on route we take.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m planning on a regular Thurs night ride however I have to be at the Commie pool for 8pm, so back to my van at Bonaly for about quarter to. When the clocks go back I can start about 5pm or earlier as the days get shorter, the advantages of working outdoors.

stuartm555
    Free Member

Thursday nights are good for me, and I’m happy to commit to it if anyone else is. I did a lot of Pentlands evening riding through the summer but have got a bit slack in the last month, so committing to a time and place every week would get me out! Also happy to drive to some other places if boggy Pentlands starts to get dull. @tpbiker I’m not far from you .. will send you a PM

epo-aholic
    Free Member

count me in as well, i’m more west but may be able to work summit out.

stuartm555
    Free Member

steven our posts crossed … just coincidentally both suggesting Thursday but I don’t think I could manage that early

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Thursday would be Ok for me – at uni (Heriot Watt) til 5, so probably not too difficult to get over to some form of totally unsexy 😉 car park to meet youse.

tjagain

I work 3 12 hr days – so which day makes no difference to me – sometimes I will be able to join in sometimes not – similarly with timings

jimmy

im too unfit for those kinds of shennanigans

And you don’t get fit by not riding!

I’m out most weeks just now under the guise of ‘puffer training. Leaving work about 430, up the canal and looping the Pents for a few hours. While I don’t want to be unsociable I do like to keep moving rather than 10 minutes of bantz at every gate. And Thursdays seem to work. If that suits anyone come along! Or we could get to Bonaly and jump in ojom’s pain cave. BREAK 500 WATTS WALKAWAY.

jambo13
    Free Member

I’d be interested, couldn’t make everyone but definitely like to tag on when I’m around

tjagain

m too unfit for those kinds of shennanigans

If this turns out anything like the TBC wednesdays no one is too unfit!

jimmy

You can be *too* fit, for sure!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

See you on Thurs if it makes me as “fit” as you young Jimmy.

jimmy

I seem to remember being the chaser in this relationship, Steven!

Oh, probably not out this Thursday 🙁

tpbiker
    Free Member

Sounds like Thursdays are the best day for it then. Unfortunately I’m not around this Thursday, but shall we just use this thread to organise a ride each week.

Someone just take the initiative and name a place and time and the masses will come..

tjagain

I am free this thursday 🙂

I can name times and places if you want.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I can probably be at Bonaly for about 5.30pm for a 2hour ride. Usually park on the bridge over the bypass.

tjagain

sounds good to me – or 5pm at lochrin basin to ride out along the canal. 1/2 hr later may enable more folk to join in

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I work in Juniper Green on Thursdays. If I can get finished at 5pm then I can be at Bonaly and ready to ride by 5.30pm. As I’ve said previously I have to be at the Commie for 8pm to pick up the boy, if others want join me and the timings are ok then they are welcome but I can’t change my Thursday plans. I will be hoping to do longer rides as sunset gets earlier but I’ll be working to 5-5.30 until then.

tjagain

sound. IIRC you are a bit quick for me. 😉 5,30 on the bridge over the bypass at bonally it is

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bit slower these days, too much work or dad’s taxi services.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Group Night rides?’ is closed to new replies.