Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Pentland Wednesdays mega thread
  • jimmy

Trying out an STW Pentland Rides mega thread rather than a weekly one.

Starting this Wednesday, 7th September. Usual drill, starting in town aiming for Bonaly shops at 630pm. As previous threads:

5:45pm Omni Centre Giraffes
    6:05pm Lochrin Basin
    6:30pm Bonaly Shop

I’ll be at Lochrin basin for 6.

Not looking to dictate the route for the evening but a Midlothian burnout was suggested which would take us straight up Puke Hill, over Castle Law and down to Flotterstone, down through Auchendinny to Roslin Glen, Bilston Viaduct and back through Bush to the Flotterstone.

Who’s in?

myopic
    Free Member

Hope to make it, Jimmy, work schedules permitting 🙂 Would tag on at Bonaly

NZCol

Will join when possible, this Wed I seem to be away.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If people are up for a Midlothian mystery tour then I’ll meet at Flotterstone, if it’s just a Pentlands loop then I’ll be at the shop.

13thfloormonk

Thanks for posting Jimmy! I’m 50/50 at the moment, would appreciate some expert guiding around Roslin/Bush etc. but need to repair bike after the trauma of a lap of the Comrie Blue…

jimmy

Credit is still all yours, 13th.

For the benefit of stevenmenmuir (and any others) is everyone happy with the Midlothian route? So we can say 730 at Flotterstone? It’ll be about a 1.5 hour loop back to there for onwards timing.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m in. See you at the canal basin at 6

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Which of the hostelries will we be visiting?

robgarrioch

Probably try & tag on as far as Flot, the far loop would take it dangerously deep into the bedtime zone. Hope to catch youse @ bonaly

myopic
    Free Member

Jimmy, if I come, I’ll be on a rigid. I know I can cope fine with the Pentlands ends of things, but how would it be over on the Roslin/Auchendinny side of the loop you are talking about? If its more extreme, I’ll find time tomorrow to sort out something more bouncy

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You should be fine, there’s the odd set of steps but mostly it’s woodland singletrack with a few roots and the occasional rock.

myopic
    Free Member

Cheers, Steven 🙂

wwpaddler
    Free Member

planning to be at Bonaly shop for 630. Look forward to meeting some faces behind the names.

if I’m a bit slow feel free to drop me – happy to make my own way home.

jimmy

I think the rule “no one gets dropped” applies…

steven – I’ll hopefully be stopping on return to the Flott for a swift one, depending on time. Although I’ve no idea what the time dependency is.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I usually find the cycle back along the old railway path is much faster after an ale.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Balls – going to have to bail on you this week. Moved house at the weekend and no idea where I’ve put my lights. Hopefully will find them by next week.

have fun

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Unfortunately I have to bail again.
    Got a job interview tomorrow and they last minute threw in a cheeky little 5 minute presentation.

Dicks.

jimmy

so I make it me from town, RobG & myopic from Bonaly and stevenm from the Flott? Ian you in?

I can leave earlier than 6 from town if it suits anyone

13thfloormonk

In!

Nextdaytyres didn’t quite manage ‘next day’ but got myself sorted in time. I’ll be at Giraffes for 5:45pm.

jimmy

see you at Lochrin then!

myopic
    Free Member

Jimmy, I will be at Bonaly Shop for 18.30. If you guys think you might be there earlier drop a line here. I will try and get there a bit early anyway. In the event something unforeseen happens and I’m not there by 18.30, please don’t waste time hanging about for me

jimmy

Ian – I’m by Akva in case I’m not where expected.

Myopic – 1830 is good!

Wwp – have a spare light if you still fancy it.

13thfloormonk

Excellent ride guys, sorry to bail so early (just as it was getting good!) but I’m all about living to ride another day etc! Plus I had to spend twenty minutes grubbing about in the bushes with my headlight looking for my nice Skagen watch which I had somehow ripped off my wrist… 👿

Back in two weeks time hopefully!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m surprised you didn’t find it embedded in that tree. Hope your not to sore tomorrow.

jimmy

That got dark pretty quick!

Good (as in annoyingly) to see you haven’t slowed down Ian. Hope the wrist is OK.

myopic
    Free Member

Did you find the watch, Ian?

Nice to meet you all and to see some of the trails on the other side of the A702 🙂

13thfloormonk

Yeah, found the watch, or rather the twisted remains of the strap and (eventually) the face which had catapulted off into the bushes 😥

myopic
    Free Member

That’s a real shame, but glad you got it. See you on another ride soon, I hope

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And I thought it was a thankless task getting my lot together for a ride, it seems Reekies are worse! 😆

jimmy

we had our glory days

opusone
    Free Member

Is this open to all? I probably won’t be able to come along for the next few months but would be keen sometime thereafter.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

They let me tag along.

ojom
    Free Member

Everyday is a glory day jimmy. There are always more ahead.

Those were good fun though.

P.s jazzy went to sleep last night and didn’t wake up. Sad times here.

13thfloormonk

Opus, definitely open to all, just post up if you think you can make it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

How about a friday night ride? then I could park the big bus in the flotterstone car park, and make an evening of it?.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Can’t do this Wednesday but a wee reminder for everybody else.

13thfloormonk

Ooh, yeah, double ‘can’t make it’ bump. 🙁

Next week hopefully.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Hoping to get out on one of these soon, maybe even this week!

tjagain

Can’t make it this week either 🙁

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Found my lights – hurrah. Unfortunately can’t make it on Wednesday. Next week – I will be there!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Pentland Wednesdays mega thread’ is closed to new replies.