Home Forums Chat Forum ebay – return item query

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ebay – return item query
  • Stevet1

Hi, bit of advice please. Bought an item but seller sent the wrong colour, seller has agreed to send a replacement but wants me to return the original which is fine – but they have booked a hermes collection and sent me a label to print off and I do not have access to a printer. How much effort do I need to put into getting a label printed? Will ebay say I have had my chance to return the item so now I’ll have to keep it and I won’t get a replacement, or is the onus on the seller? I’d be happy to package it up and write the address on the front but the seller has gone quiet now so I’m wondering if this is some way of them making me have to accept the incorrect item.

Stevet1

bump (are bumps still needed for a new post?)

jam-bo

The label will have a bar/qr code on that allows it to be tracked.

Not eBay but I’ve had a refund processed pretty much as soon as the code is scanned on pickup.

maccruiskeen

Ask the seller if they can change the return arrangements – various carriers have services that don’t require a printer – including myHermes.

you can be emailed / texted a barcode to show at a drop-off point (usually a local shop) and they’ll print the label for you when you hand the parcel over

it would be cheaper for them if you use a service where you drop the parcel off rather than have it picked up from you so they should see it as doing you a favour

dyna-ti

Simple. Just download on to a usb stick, take to your local library and print off a sheet of paper with the label on that. Use clear sellotape to afix to parcel, Or alternatively take said stick to a printers and they should be able to print it off on a self adhesive label

dyna-ti

Option 2(not option 3, speculation – keep to yourself)

Buy a printer, cost £30
    Then you can return to your hearts content :D

Rich_s

Lots of hermes shops have printers – you just turn up with a code and off you go. Disclaimer is I’ve never used that myself, but I know my local one is one of them.

Stevet1

Simple. Just download on to a usb stick, take to your local library and print off a sheet of paper with the label on that.

Yeah sounds dead simple, our local library closed 5 years ago and is now houses.
    Seriously, they sent the wrong colour but I’m expected to jump through all these hoops???

uwe-r
    Free Member

@stevet1

This is not as hard as you think. Go on the hermes website and find a location with a printer. You go in with the code print the label yourself and stick it on the package then hand over the package.

It works very well.

Cougar

Seriously, they sent the wrong colour but I’m expected to jump through all these hoops???

Jump through hoops, really? It’s not the seller’s fault that you don’t have a printer.

Many (most? all?) Hermes drop-off points have printing facilities. Get the barcode up on your phone, wave it at the machine and it’ll puke out a label. Stick it on the box, give it to the nice person behind the counter. Does it not say “if you do not have a printer…” on the return form advising you what to do?

Also, how can you not own a printer, not have access to a public printer, and not have any friends or family with a printer, in 2021? Email it to me, I’ll print it out for you and post it back if you promise to chuck a quid in a charity collection tin next time you pass one.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Buy a printer, cost £30
    Then you can return to your hearts content 😀

On completion of the above return printer!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ebay – return item query’ is closed to new replies.