Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 4,691 total)
  • Easing of Scottish lockdown
  • lotto
    Free Member

Thoughts on a wee local overnight bivvy jaunt?

Currently the law states that people can only leave home for an essential purpose.

The amendment will make it clear that people “must not leave or remain outside” the home unless it is for an essential purpose.

Guess this amendment could give the police good reason to fine you? They’d have to be made aware your car was parked up overnight at a remote location though. Current mood with landowners though is they don’t want you there. Handling gates etc that they too have to use in the daily execution of their job, I wouldn’t trust a farmer, gamekeeper to not shop me. Leaving from the house you are relying on a busy body not doing the same.

seosamh77
    Free Member

lotto
    Free Member
    Current mood with landowners though is they don’t want you there.

which is different, how? 😆

tjagain

Struggling to think either where or who would be drinking outside anyway. Unless they mean the few token LA’s that still treat their residents like adults.

Round my way there have been outside drinkers the whole year. People always used to drink along the river banks in summer – this year its been all year. they have been distancing tho

scotroutes

Bang goes my local #beerienteering group!

lotto
    Free Member

Bang goes my local #beerienteering group!

😂 that’s like my riding group. We’re a drinking group with a cycling problem!

Northwind

ski78

Probably targeting that at the Brewdog bars and the like, the festival square one was selling pints by the dozen for take away and people were just drinking them in the square 20meters away(albeit generally socially distanced, to start with). I didn’t ever go up, but heard it was pretty busy some nights.

Lots of that down at Portobello though it’d pretty much died out. Not sure if that’s because of the tighter rules that were already in place or just because this winter it’s always either baltic or raining.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Round my way there have been outside drinkers the whole year. People always used to drink along the river banks in summer – this year its been all year. they have been distancing tho

Like I said, the token LA that still treats its residents like adults. I think Edinburgh may be the last hold-out on open air drinking in Scotland, everywhere else has bylaws against it.

scotroutes

Highland has bylaws for certain areas, not a generic one for the region.

https://www.highland.gov.uk/info/695/council_information_performance_and_statistics/546/our_byelaws

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Whatabout a 24 hour walk within ones own authority? Yes, it sounds pretty awful I agree, but I’m quite frankly running out of fundraising ideas now, bake sales etc all the usual easy ways of raising cash are oot the windae and will be for the forseeable, I’ve got a raffle going on shortly but even that’s no as easy as ye can’t spring people at their desk for a fiver, far easier to ignore it in an email etc.

If I leave the house at teatime on a friday night, and return 24 hours later, I’m not infringing the rules, and I’d say charity is pretty essential right now?.

Thoughts please!

tjagain

I would need to study the rules fairly closely but IIRC there is no limit on how long your daily exercise can last. Perhaps within the letter of the rules but is it within the spirit?

Could you climb Everest on your stairs? IIRC Scotroutes other half did this. Multiple times a day up and down the stairs.

make sure you put up a donation link

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Could you climb Everest on your stairs? IIRC Scotroutes other half did this. Multiple times a day up and down the stairs.

I did Ben Lomond on the 3 steps in my garden last year, I’m not doing that again, never mind Everest! haha!

tjagain

I did Ben Lomond on the 3 steps in my garden last year

Ruddy heck that sounds tedious.

gordimhor

Cànt think of any fundraiser ideas but stick a link for your raffle on here

lucky7500

Whatabout a 24 hour walk within ones own authority? Yes, it sounds pretty awful I agree, but

Could work out quite well in terms of fundraising though. I would personally be more inclined to donate a decent amount for doing some ridiculous, tedious thing that will be hated for every second of the alloted time than for doing something enjoyable that isn’t really a challenge.

tjagain

You could use your 24 hr walk to draw something funny with a tracking app.

As you know I can be a bit fundamentalist about this stuff but I don’t see a lot wrong legally or morally with that bar its a situation no one thought of when writing the rules thus is probably outside the spirit of them

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ruddy heck that sounds tedious.

Aye, it was grim tj.

Tbh there’s been loads of folks have done the distance in their garden, height on stairs type thing, I think the idea of walking all night would be a bit more ridiculous to your average Josephine, so maybe folks would be more inclined to donate.

Thanks Gordi, I’ll post up. Planning on hitting the local businesses for prize donations, those that have done well out of the last year, and the supermarkets obviously too.

A friend’s wife is a PT with loads of clients, shes gonna do a zoom class, fiver a go, that should work okay.

Spin
    Free Member

If I leave the house at teatime on a friday night, and return 24 hours later, I’m not infringing the rules, and I’d say charity is pretty essential right now?.

I wouldn’t have any issue with that but you might still get some pretty negative reaction.

PiknMix
    Free Member

A friend’s wife is a PT with loads of clients, shes gonna do a zoom class, fiver a go, that should work okay.

Im in the same boat of running out of fundraising ideas. We had a local Zoom Zumbathon that just raised us over £650 so that was pretty tidy!

tjagain

You could also add an element of danger to it my visiting all the local ned hangouts, dogging spots etc

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You could also add an element of danger to it my visiting all the local ned hangouts, dogging spots etc

That’s ruled out in the new rules yesterday, doing fun stuff while you’re out for essential activities!.

tjagain

How about use your daily exercise to to it in batches – ie 3 hrs a day for a week? Draw a picture or write words with tracking – ie “Johnson – awa an shite”

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol!

As far as I’m aware we don’t have an exercise limit. **** it, as long as EHS at work are awrite with it (it’s a work/charity colab), I’m gonna go for it.

big_scot_nanny

Crack on nobeer! I think the ‘tour de ned’ is a marvellously spicy idea.

Me and a pal planned to take some posh pals from England and Switzerland on a wee tour of Scotland, they were thinking Edinburgh Castle and that stuff. We had an alternative version visiting places like Hilltown Dundee (sadly not as fun as it once was), New Cumnock, Upper Port Glasgow etc, and have a pint in each.

One day the dream will come alive!

duckman

Next come to Lochee Nanny. And wear something blue.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wouldn’t wish Port Glasgow on anyone.

LD
    Free Member

How about the tour de ned while trying out some of the lines from the Glesga patter thread?

tomd
    Free Member

Me and a pal planned to take some posh pals from England and Switzerland on a wee tour of Scotland, they were thinking Edinburgh Castle and that stuff. We had an alternative version visiting places like Hilltown Dundee (sadly not as fun as it once was), New Cumnock, Upper Port Glasgow etc, and have a pint in each.

I was working in Turriff a few years ago staying in a hotel in the town. There were a few Dutch folk there I ended up chatting to. Basically they spent a few days a year touring the shiteholes of the UK – hop on a KLM flight and just drive about. They were really interested by the weirdness of it and seemed to be genuinely curious rather than poverty tourists. They were doing the The Broch, Peterhead, Turriff and other northern delights that year. I did suggest New Cummnock to them for a future trip assuming they survived.

fasgadh
    Free Member

Did The Broch and Peterhead on a fatbike bike packing tour last Summer. Beaaaaaaaaaaaaach!

donald
    Free Member

Fit’s wrang wi’ Turra?

gordimhor

Could do tour de ned on bikes from the “Are they dear bikes theym” thread. With a compulsory 15min stop ootside the shop or even better a pub with a flat roof. Might result in a few strava records being broken.

big_scot_nanny

😆

BoardinBob

or even better a pub with a flat roof

Behold, the Pollok Inn

58 Brockburn Rd
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/4gV9XpfX9ZuFwboq9

tjagain

BoardinBob thats a classic!

scotroutes

Here’s one you’ll recognise TJ

https://goo.gl/maps/qgxno489Hmpdawb68

tjagain

I don’t actually scotroutes. Its in Currie is it? but means nowt to me

tjagain

duplicate

oldbloke
    Free Member

The Abbot’s Choice. First pub i ever went into in Edinburgh nearly 35 years ago. Not been back.

Flat roofed pubs? The Budgie, Blochairn Rd, Glasgow.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It’s a long way for TJ, he’d have to overnight on Bruntsfield Links.

swavis

Flat roofed pubs eh? We nipped into the Braemar bar on the way back from West brewery on my stag do. Absolute daggers from the locals 🤣

lightfighter762
    Free Member

The Cairn in Alva was amazing.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 4,691 total)

The topic ‘Easing of Scottish lockdown’ is closed to new replies.