Home Forums Chat Forum Dullest of the dull – what hose pipe fittings?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dullest of the dull – what hose pipe fittings?
  • oldtennisshoes

I’m really sorry, but the list of lockdown jobs has got down to sorting the outside tap.
    I’ve got a hoselock hosepipe and fittings, a Worx Hydroshot and a Nilfix Pressure washer. The plastic ones seems to age quickly.Which brands should I be looking, is brass the answer?

Ta.

chipster

We’ve had a standard plastic Hozelock thread to male connector on our outside tap for years. The hose stays connected mostly, so the connector doesn’t do much work. It’s also on a north facing wall, don’t know whether that makes any difference.
    If you’re going through loads of them, pick a few up from Lidl/Aldi when they’ve got their own brand ones on sale.

Sandwich

Gardena fittings seem to have better reviews compared to hozelock. Guess who else has been buying hose this week!

rossburton
    Free Member

We’ve got high water pressure so the standard plastic hozelock stuff just leaks, but the premium metal hozelock parts appear to be indestructible so far.

Harry_the_Spider

I can’t believe that I even opened this thread.

Shoot me in the head.

Ambrose

I’m reading this with interest. We too have high water pressure. However, the biggest problem is that the hose eventually slips out of the fitting. It is a hose in a reel, so it is quite thin walled to help its flexibility I suppose. I’ve tried wrapping the end of the hose in electrical tape before I fit the union;it helps a bit but it isn’t that good.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Hozelock metal are decent. The plastic are good, but smash fairly easily.

I used to make them, don’t you know…

Jubilee clip, rather than tape to keep the hose attached.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Brass all the way.

Marko

Not dull at all.

Hozelock plastic are junk. Never had a problem with these:

https://www.toolstation.com/brass-fittings-set/p30897

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gardena lasts well, brass ones eat o rings, you can’t really mix n match with plastic as the brass eats that too, and the brass hose is a bit shite.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dullest of the dull – what hose pipe fittings?’ is closed to new replies.