Home Forums Bike Forum DT Swiss XM1491 wheels

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • DT Swiss XM1491 wheels
  • escrs
    Free Member

Anyone got any info on them?

I know they are 27.5, non boost and use 240s hubs but what actual rim do they use?

Managed to pick up a pair off Facebook stupidly cheap, front is missing the axle, bearings and end caps (need to check the hub to see if it has issues or they were simply misplaced when removed for servicing etc..)

pobaker
    Free Member

Given your description:
    – they came stock on a Canyon Spectral AL back in 2017
    – 30mm wide internal rim from memory
    – Straight Pull spokes
    – Centre Lock discs
    – One of the spokes on the rear wheel is pretty bent and ideally needs replacing (as do rear bearings)
    – Rear wheel likely to have had some harsh sideways landings from an 11 year old not bringing his whips back in at Rogate
    – The axle and end caps are on my workbench and you’re welcome to have them
    – I should probably have sold them rather than take them to the tip with a huge pile of garden junk at the weekend, but just didn’t have the time or tools to sort them out and I had been tripping over them for a year and a half!!!!

I’m assuming its the same set….

escrs
    Free Member

Lol thanks for the info

Did you really take them to the tip? i bought them off someone in Denmead via Facebook this morning

If your happy to let me have the axle and end caps that would be great!

pobaker
    Free Member

Just sent you a message. Can arrange to give you the axle and end caps, at least they may get a new lease of life.

si77

#threadoftheweek 😂

jimdubleyou

#threadoftheweek 😂

Guaranteed!

el_boufador

😂 amazing

peter1979
    Free Member

Incredible! 🤣

escrs
    Free Member

Update time

Big thanks to pobaker for leaving the og axle and end caps at the end of his drive for me to colect today, much appricated

So i fitted the axle, end caps and a set of 6803RS bearings i had in the spares box, front wheel spins lovely, nice and straight

Stripped the rear hub down as it was rough and very gunked up, ratchets and springs all fine, free hub splines fine, hub bearings fine, free hub bearings were siezed

Punched the free hub bearings out of the free hub body then picked out the bearing seals and blasted/soaked the bearings with isoprol alcohol, after 5 mins of soaking they were freed up and spinning nicely again, repacked them with grease, refitted the seals and pressed them back into the free hub body then put the hub back together, wheel now spins lovely

Last thing to do was fix a slightly bent spoke, first i chucked the rear wheel in the trueing stand and retensioned the wheel and fixed the small buckle which in turn straightend the slightly bent spoke!

Just need to pick up some cheap tyres and centre lock discs and they will be ready for my next build

Yak

Good work!

This thread is pointing the way for a QECP area bike jumble. All the stuff in sheds that isn’t worth putting up in the classifieds/ not worth postage but is still useful.

pobaker
    Free Member

Glad they are back up and running and some use to someone!!
    escrs – if you want some Shimano RT86 (1x203mm and 1x 180mm), centrelock rotors in pretty good condition for a good price let me know. Funnily enough they came off those wheels, but everything else I own is 6 bolt.

escrs
    Free Member

Have sent you a messgae

desperatebicycle

Well, no point in me offering my Centre Lock rotors then. I’m not far from you weirdos :P :lol:

escrs
    Free Member

Desperatebicycle I’m always happy to take free parts

I repair/build bikes for people on very limited budgets for free so any parts I can get for free are very useful

jimmy

*like*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss XM1491 wheels’ is closed to new replies.