Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 138 total)
  • Drone recovered, with a twist.
  • wwaswas

So pretty much legal in most situations.

Most LA’s ban take off and landing of rc craft/drones from their land so you can’t take off from there and then

be kept at least 50 metres away… private property

covers anywhere else that you could fly unless you have the land owners permission.

so pretty much illegal in most situations.

I challenged a bloke at my local park who used to regularly buzz a drone up and down – all the dogs used to start looking up and wondering what was going on. I asked him if he knew what the rules were and he said it had to be 50m off the ground. I asked how high he was flying it, answer was 25m because it was boring if he went higher.

senorj

With a twist you say…….

Don’t check the sim card whatever you do! The drone may have captured footage of a “murrrrderrrr” and you and your family will be hunted down by the “perps”.

😉

matt_outandabout

I’ve reviewed the footage this morning. We’re on it with sparklers…

Drone isn’t above the crowd on the footage – it’s close, but above all the houses in Bridge of Allan.

Looks like they had the drone really low between trees (as we could see from our vantage point) in the memorial park, clipped the big Yew that mini_oab fished it out of.

matt_outandabout

The drone may have captured footage of a “murrrrderrrr” and you and your family will be hunted down by the “perps”.

You can’t prove nothing. Freeeeeeedom!

oldtennisshoes

Just tell the Police you have it – no need to hand it in. The owner can then contact you through them if they wish.

DickBarton

Is that why there was such a delay between sequences? I was too tight to pay so watched from the Birds and the Bees…it was a terrible show due to the lack of fluidity between firings…like a drawn up back-garden-fired-by-dad.

We did see a drone after the first few shells…

NewRetroTom

Just tell the Police you have it – no need to hand it in. The owner can then contact you through them if they wish.

Yes, don’t hand in to Police Scotland. I did and they destroyed it after the owner didn’t claim it.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/found-a-drone-how-to-trace-owner/

rone

I’ve reviewed the footage this morning. We’re on it with sparklers…

Drone isn’t above the crowd on the footage – it’s close, but above all the houses in Bridge of Allan.

Looks like they had the drone really low between trees (as we could see from our vantage point) in the memorial park, clipped the big Yew that mini_oab fished it out of.

If you can be bothered you can get the flight logs from the drone. Then you can see where it’s taken off from. If there is a clear location and it’s say in a garden you can easily figure it out.

Having said that it’s harder without the remote control but you can still pull them from the hull if you can be bothered.

alishand

Aaahhh, I did wonder if I saw a drone after the first few fireworks went off. The steady red light in the sky got me confused for a bit.

Thing is….there is a huge field the exact opposite side where you ‘could’ have flown it without it being near to people or the event. Very odd they chose the memorial park side as a take off point. Sorry, not odd….very, very stupid.

Hand it in to the Police, let them take care of it. The Mavic 2 if it fell from the sky would be no joke, so there really isn’t any place for not following the drone code, especially at a large public event like that.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Police Scotland are good at that, they took my mates £2k worth of air rifles for safe keeping (after he hung himself) and a week or two later informed the NOK they were going to be destroyed. Managed to get them all back but not without legal intervention.

matt_outandabout

No-one at Dunblane station, although reading above it might not be a bad thing I’ve 101’d and kept hold of it…

It’s a Mavic 2. One snapped motor mount and a couple of props snapped

squirrelking
    Free Member

Check local faceache groups, it’s where our local drone photographers look if their craft get lost.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

Most people who found it would probably have binned it as most people won’t know how valuable it is or really care. I’d be tempted to do the same….. but would probably inform the police that I’d found it

ElShalimo

jujuuk68 has gone awfully quiet!

I reckon Matt_oab has a voodoo doll and is practising his bad JuJu spells

bikebouy
    Free Member

Interesting topic.

My BiL has a drone for the farm, uses it for checking on cattle and sheep and fences, that kind of stuff.

Anyway, down the road a bit is Harrogate Police Headquarters and he got a visit from them last month about the flying of the drone near thier headq..

Well, his farm land backs onto the Cardale Park see so it’s private land but in very close proximity to an industrial estate and the headq..

Upshot?

Been told not to fly it near the HQ.. and told not to launch/land from that field.

Not too sure if he’s been following what he was told…

Isnt thier a “safe code” for drone flying guidelines published ??

DezB
    Free Member

jujuuk68 has gone awfully quiet!

Surely that was just someone trying too hard to post in the ‘STW style’? Funniest thing I’ve seen in ages 😀

natrix
    Free Member

“Don’t think the Police deal in lost property any more”

They’ll still deal with found property

Round our way they don’t.  They just ask you to put it on their lost and found website………………

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Well I think MOAB is a very irresponsible/disreputable character I once heard of him using unbranded hydraulic fluid in his brakes, and he encourages his kids to go “sick” in the local woods. He also “gave” me some skis once  Kastle 190’s – I’m only 176cm tall. For the avoidance of doubt – his children take after their mother.

DickBarton

I’m pretty sure there is video evidence of one of his sons taking after him…as an outtake after a OTB crash…sounded just like him! 😉

rone

Well, his farm land backs onto the Cardale Park see so it’s private land but in very close proximity to an industrial estate and the headq..

Upshot?

Been told not to fly it near the HQ.. and told not to launch/land from that field.

Not too sure if he’s been following what he was told…

Isnt thier a “safe code” for drone flying guidelines published ?

I smell a rat, sure there are often no fly zones in place on the DJI software. I do some filming next to a prison – providing I don’t overfly the prison (which is restricted in software) you’re golden.

Put his info in http://www.noflydrones.co.uk

Organisations / Institutions / Land managers /Trusts etc think they control the airspace. They don’t. The CAA does.

rone

It’s funny I report local hoodlums in and around Sherwood forest for hunting with rifles in broad daylight and the Police brush it off and do nothing.

Get a Drone out and you’re in proper bother.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s farm land, private and he is allowed to fly it there.

Like I said, after the conversation with Plod I dont know if he still flies it there or not.

I will ask him next time I’m up.

matt_outandabout

For the avoidance of doubt – his children take after their mother.

Thank goodness for that….

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Organisations / Institutions / Land managers /Trusts etc think they control the airspace. They don’t. The CAA does.

Correct.  A fact often overlooked by sensitive souls…

I had to do the CAA course recently, it’s full on!

orangespyderman

I report local hoodlums in and around Sherwood forest for hunting with rifles in broad daylight

Isn’t that safer than doing it in the dark? *wonders*

doordonot
    Free Member

This thread is nothing without jujuuk68. That was a hark back to the stw forum of yore. I was just getting my deck-chair and thermos out, settling down to some entertainment.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

He’s incoming!

Beagleboy

Dunno, even if he was trying to be funny or ironic, that jujuuk68 post kinda scared me. That’s the kind of attitude that drove me to the fringes of lurkerdom on this forum.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I assume the police would be used for enforcement in the first instance though so not unreasonable in this case?

I smell a rat

I guess on the same basis as…

It’s farm land, private and he is allowed to fly it there.

Even if the land is private it isn’t necessarily going to be legal to fly there though surely?

be kept at least 50 metres away [from] private property

Eg there’s nowhere in my property i could launch a drone and satisfy that. Completely accept I’ve no real knowledge or understanding of it (nor do i fly a drone) but “50m from private property [you’ve no permission to use]” is very (well 50m) different from anywhere on property you’ve permission to be using.

I can also understand why they might not be keen on you overflying police hq etc, restricted airspace (i imagine it probably is) or no, there’s probably a few things they could potentially make l a nuisance with if they wanted to there given the nature of the building.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’d keep it, purely to annoy jujuuk. 😆

hedley
    Free Member

The Drone Code can be found here and is worth a read.

ell_tell
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

jujuuk

Reading his post again, I’m inclined to think he is a disgruntled ex-employee or that I had wee’d on his sofa…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It seems a deeper seated resentment, more like you’ve shat on his bed tbh.

funkmasterp

Where’s jujuuk68 gone? I fear he or she may have died of uncontrollable rage. I don’t care about the drone I just need to know what Mattoab did.

matt_outandabout

You will all be pleased to know a local chancer replied to my online ‘drone found’ posts, guessing (incorrectly) location and model of drone… Nice try, sunshine.

funkmasterp

Whilst you’re here what did you do to jujuuk you bastard? 😀

matt_outandabout

Pz_Steve

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

… I’m inclined to think he is a disgruntled ex-employee or that I had wee’d on his sofa…

Would be interested to see the Venn diagram for these groups of people, MOAB. And how many would we be talking about in total…..?

Beginning to see a whole other Matt here.

</div>

angeldust
    Free Member

Reading his post again, I’m inclined to think he is a disgruntled ex-employee or that I had wee’d on his sofa…

The weird thing is you don’t seem surprised by his accusations and character assassination.  How have you treated your employees!?  I know this place is weird sometimes but…….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Drone recovered, with a twist.’ is closed to new replies.