Drone recovered, with a twist.

Home Forum Chat Forum Drone recovered, with a twist.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • Drone recovered, with a twist.
  • Premier Icon angeldust
    Subscriber

Dunno, even if he was trying to be funny or ironic, that jujuuk68 post kinda scared me. That’s the kind of attitude that drove me to the fringes of lurkerdom on this forum.

It’s what used to make this place interesting

Premier Icon angeldust
    Subscriber

You will all be pleased to know a local chancer replied to my online ‘drone found’ posts, guessing (incorrectly) location and model of drone… Nice try, sunshine.

Has about as much right to keep it as you then 😜😜

LD

Thought I had MOAB for illegal sparkler use at the event, until I read he was outside the fence so that’s allowed.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

I bet your grouchy about that because you didn’t have a sparkler….. 😉😂

As for disgruntled ex-employees, I only know of one. But she did leave Scotland for South Africa when we agreed to terminate employment 🤪😉👼

Premier Icon robowns
    Subscriber

Must say I’m surprised by this thread, does anyone really care that much about a drone flying in the vicinity? Seems a small thing to be riled about.

Premier Icon richmars
    Subscriber

It’s a small thing, until it lands on your head.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

The Fringes of Lurkerdom

I liked their first album. got a bit samey after that.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Seems a small thing to be riled about.

I’m not riled.

Clearly jujuuker68 is however.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

The Fringes of Lurkerdom

I liked their first album. got a bit samey after that.

I’d agree, but some of the later stuff on Lost Drones isn’t too bad.

I’m still trying to work out why its Matt_OAB when it should clearly be Matt_OAA…

I’m still trying to work out why its Matt_OAB when it should clearly be Matt_OAA…

Sometimes, he’s On A Bike?

Or A Boat?

ferrals

Must say I’m surprised by this thread, does anyone really care that much about a drone flying in the vicinity? Seems a small thing to be riled about.

The Civil Aviation Authority care. Legally drones are no different to manned aircraft and have in theory the same penalties for misuse.

THere are specified distances to be kept from congested areas and even larger distances from large gatherings.

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

And not everyone wants thier Privacy splattered over YouTube/internet..

tjagain

Drones are ruddy annoying when someone is using one around where you are.  next time this happens I am going to try to bring it down if it gets close enough.  I have had them within 20 ft of me when cycling and canoeing.

I’m going to invent the DogDrone in an effort to get TJ’s head to explode with rage. 😉

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Get yourself a trained eagle TJ

If you’re having a private moment in a public place I’d suggest it’s not the drone pilot at fault.

Drones are ruddy annoying when someone is using one around where you are. next time this happens I am going to try to bring it down if it gets close enough. I have had them within 20 ft of me when cycling and canoeing.

I’d imagine the following applies equally to bringing down personal drones as other aircraft, to say nothing of criminal damage. I wonder how you would feel if a redsock put a stick in your wheel because he didn’t like the sound of your hub?

The Civil Aviation Authority care. Legally drones are no different to manned aircraft and have in theory the same penalties for misuse.

Premier Icon jonesyboy
    Subscriber

Does the distance away from a crowd include vertical distance? 😉

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

I have had them within 20 ft of me when cycling and canoeing.

Would you recommend a helmet for these situations?

gobuchul

Drones are ruddy annoying when someone is using one around where you are. next time this happens I am going to try to bring it down if it gets close enough. I have had them within 20 ft of me when cycling and canoeing.

Brilliant! FFS! Something else that sends you into a rage!

Have you ever considered that other people might not be the problem? 🙂

Does the distance away from a crowd include vertical distance?

Nah. It’s 150m horizontally from crowds and built up areas, 50m dome from property and people.

Premier Icon angeldust
    Subscriber

Have you ever considered that other people might not be the problem?

With his level of self-awareness?

Premier Icon duckman
    Subscriber

Have you ever considered that other people might not be the problem?

Yet here you are trolling him….

philjunior

Take it to the police as lost property, whether they decide to do anything about the way it is flown is up to them, there’s still a reasonable chance you’ll get it back after just check how long you have to give it and go back then to claim it as yours with not even a remote possibility of trouble from the law.

I did this with £20, I was disappointed that the 4 off £5 notes I handed in had been replaced by a single £20. (I wouldn’t have bothered taking it to the police but the circumstances I found it in were a bit odd).

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

If you’re having a private moment in a public place I’d suggest it’s not the drone pilot at fault.

Cutting grass ads in your own property, washing car on own property.

No-one suggested “private” moments anywhere.. Just normal day-2-day privacy in any space is enough.

HTH, suggest you think about those moments when you go about your daily business.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Well, his farm land backs onto the Cardale Park see so it’s private land but in very close proximity to an industrial estate and the headq..

Is he in some way responsible for the houses being built? And the associated water/gas/road works? ****ing nuisance!

Cutting grass ads in your own property, washing car on own property.

No-one suggested “private” moments anywhere.. Just normal day-2-day privacy in any space is enough.

HTH, suggest you think about those moments when you go about your daily business.

I think the privacy thing is at once a valid concern and a bit of a red herring. Assuming legal flight, if you’re flying 50m away from someone then on the footage / photos they’re going to be a few pixels high. Drone cameras are (generally) pretty wide angled. Bit like looking at something 50m away on a GoPro.

If you’re flying 20ft away from someone like TJ mentioned, or low over someone’s garden then yeah, you’re being a dick.

That said, the law as to whether you can take a photograph of someone in public is actually quite vague (you can take a photograph of someone if they’re in a public place where they don’t have a reasonable right to expect privacy, though I can’t remember the exact wording) so realistically you’re more likely to have your photo taken by someone with a phone than a legally flown drone.

sbob

You will all be pleased to know a local chancer replied to my online ‘drone found’ posts, guessing (incorrectly) location and model of drone… Nice try, sunshine.

Alternatively, someone quite innocently lost a different drone somewhere else.

Good effort on trying to deflect guilt onto an innocent third party though, we’ll make a drone thief of you yet! 🙂

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

Is he in some way responsible for the houses being built? And the associated water/gas/road works? ****ing nuisance!

Ha!

No he’s a farmer!!

The land backing into Cardale Park belongs to another farmer (we lease it) who sold it for re-development, we’re using it until the bulldozers move in..

Lady Lanes a bit busy innit 🤣

Nico

Sometimes, he’s On A Bike?

You’re thinking of Christ.

ElShalimo

Where’s jujuuk68 when we need them?

hedley

jonesyboy

“Does the distance away from a crowd include vertical distance?

No, you are not allowed to overfly crowds (open-air assemblies of more than 1,000 people) and built up areas at all and have to maintain a horizontal separation of 150m.

For people and properties it is a 50m separation (vertically/horizontally) like a bubble.

https://dronesafe.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Dronecode_2018-07-30.pdf

tjagain

Its not rage.  Its a noisy irritation just as poor quality trolls and those who follow me around on here in a vague attempt to wind me up are noisy  irritations

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

I thought the idea of training birds of pray to down them was a seriously poor one. The blades spin at thousands of RPM and are quite sharp edged. Plenty enough energy to do serious damage to a birds leg. I quite badly munched my thumb with one.

PrinceJohn

I did this with £20, I was disappointed that the 4 off £5 notes I handed in had been replaced by a single £20. (I wouldn’t have bothered taking it to the police but the circumstances I found it in were a bit odd).

This needs further explanation…

daern

So, should drone flyers be mandated to wear helmets for their own safety?

(I love angry, rage threads 🙂 )

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

As for disgruntled ex-employees, I only know of one. But she did leave Scotland for South Africa when we agreed to terminate employment

The poster’s real name would suggest that you can probably rule out that particular suspect.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.