Home Forums Bike Forum Dream Bike

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Dream Bike
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Ti Stanton Switchback, simple, beautiful hardtail with modern geometry. Will be a better bike than my riding will ever deserve though.

They’re ace – I love mine.

It is a crazy amount of money to spend on a hardtail, but it’s a lovely thing to ride. Mine’s not a massively bling build, but it’s a keeper.

jmatlock
    Free Member

The BOS/Enve equipped Ti Stanton is a true thing of beauty.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bit of a lack of imagination on this thread… Spesh, Trek, some faux-boutique big brands like SC.

Not that I’m claiming to have any imagination or dream about bikes. I’d be very happy with something fairly workmanlike and off the peg such as this…

That Passoni is nice though.

Euro
    Free Member

Bit of a lack of imagination on this thread..

+1

I saw a documentary a while back about a lad who had a car that could turn into a robot. As if that wasn’t cool enough, it made a wonderful noise when is changed shape and could fire guns and rockets and knew a bit of kung-fu. I’d like a bike that could do that. Though if possilbe instead of the guns firing bullets they could fire Kinder Buenos and KFC chicken Burgers (NOT Zingers) instead of rockets. I’ve got a camelbak for drinks so that’s covered. Maybe a golden Camelbak?

Rubber_Buccaneer

If that ^ is the way we are going I want a gyroscopically computer controlled stunt bike that can perform any combination of jumps, flips, tricks, etc with no skill required from me. Oh and some SPDs so I can stay on it

noltae
    Free Member

I’d fly out to NAHBS and see what floated my boat – Custom everything !

BillOddie

I thought I had one of them in my Chromag Rootdown but the new Chromag Primer has meant I’m having second thoughts:

I don’t really have a dream full susser though I’m sure I’d love the new Geometron 29er…and I haven’t even seen it.

I’d also like a rigid “dirt tourer”, custom steel, lots of braze ons, 29+, jones bars, that sort of thing. Like a Surly ECR but maybe nicer. Maybe like DrJon’s 44? where? by dR j0n[/url], on Flickr

Oh and a custom gravelly/crossy thing, steel again. Basically a nicerer blingier version of my Jamis Renegade. 44 Bikes Huntsman or Shand Stoater could fit the bill!

faustus

Yeah, custom frame and build, Ti mtb and stainless road bike, niche wheel sizes and subtle metalwork artfulness. Bit like Dr Jon’s bikes really..

EDIT – ha! beaten to it!

chakaping

I saw a documentary a while back about a lad who had a car that could turn into a robot.

Mate, you know Transformers wasn’t a documentary, eh?

I’m with you on the imagination thing though.

I’d like a special torch that was so powerful it could dry out the trail as I rode along – turning the slop into perfect hero dirt.

Andy-R

For a few years I always really fancied a Liteville 301, so now I’ve got one. At my age I reckon it’ll be the last bike that I’ll put together and, in spite of it not being as long, low and slack as seems to be fashionable now, I hope that we’ll grow old(er) and unfashionable together.
    I’ve still got my Hummingbird singlespeed too, though.

alextemper
    Free Member

I owned my dream bike which was a bling end out Nomad 3 but much like cars sometimes the dream bike isn’t the best bike to ride. Now have a Remedy 9.9 29er which was also high on my list of bikes to own but wouldn’t class it as a dream bike as such. It is however the best bike that I have owned.

Loving the new Slash at the moment but don’t think I’d swap my Remedy out for one,

A belonged out Stealth Black Bird Zero AM would be my dream hardtail right now. Miss riding my old Zero AM a lot.

tmb467
    Free Member

got some cosmetic changes to make but overall, its getting there

Starling Swoop with Mojo-fettled forks and shock.

molgrips
    Free Member

Got no dream bike – I’d need a range of bikes that do different things to be happy (and as it happens, I do.. even though they are old). However if you gave me £6k in non transferrable bike shop vouchers now, I’d get a Salsa Bucksaw I think.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Kawasaki H2R with road lights

TiRed

if you could take one bike company and have one top-spec version of each of their bikes in your size, which company would it be?

Moots for road and mtb. Or possibly Indy Fab. Or Giant for carbon.

My dream road bike is really a fixed wheel 953 or titanium race geometry road bike with a rear mech hanger and the ability to install E-tap gears 8)

Current dream road bike – I know, not most people’s idea of a dream, but this is a classics winner with a sublime ride.

Off-road it would probably be a carbon short travel Tall-boy 29-er. Or an Ibis bow-Ti, of course. Always loved them until I rode one. Be careful what you dream for is all I would say.

Euro
    Free Member

I’d like a special torch that was so powerful it could dry out the trail as I rode along – turning the slop into perfect hero dirt.

Now were dreaming talking! That sounds pretty neat.

What about wheels and tyres that could change width/size depending on mood/trail. Or a time distortion button fitted to the bars so when you get a bit of air your can float for ages and pull off multiple tricks and speed up the boring climbs.

And never mind Trek/Specialized/Niche McNiche…i want my dream bike to be made by Salma Hayek while doing her vampire dance.

swanny853

I would like Cy to make me a ti version of my solaris with two bottle cage bosses. It’s the bike i ride all the time, from a company I like, with my two quibbles solved- a bit lighter and more storage.

If we’re talking carbon wonder bikes then I’d pribably have a pivot.

6079smithw
    Free Member

a Liteville with 29/26 f/r wheels
    or a Salsa Bucksaw with carbon rims.

Or one of these. Ti and carbon

steve_b77
    Free Member

MTB wise I think I already have it, xc 29’er FS that’s nice and light with XTR & drive train & brakes, top end suspension components, could go a set of carbon wheels possibly.

Road wise, I’ll have that by May next year.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Dream Bike’ is closed to new replies.