• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 21 hours ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 17,401 through 17,440 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • maccruiskeen

This was the crowd at his mini-rally when he landed at Tampa yesterday.

Encouraged to see his biggest fan in the foreground 🙂

mehr
    Free Member

Its like watching a toddler

Also

grum
    Free Member

Dear lord that interview. 😳

butcher

Is that real? I started watching convinced it was a well edited parody, but really wasn’t sure by the time I got the end.

mehr
    Free Member

Its very real you can watch the full interview here

batfink
    Free Member

Ha! Same! Good to see an interviewer actually challenging him appropriately: “what?! Why? Are you saying SK is lying about their virus numbers?” etc etc. The Donald has got absolutely nothing – it’s like arguing with a thick, racist uncle about Brexit.

FuzzyWuzzy

Is that real? I started watching convinced it was a well edited parody, but really wasn’t sure by the time I got the end.

Me too, surprised he even agreed to that interview

BillMC

I was about to post that one up. I (seriously) had to double check it wasn’t a parody. It makes me laugh, but hysterically.

Donald Trump is doomed — and he knows it

crazy-legs

Prince Andrew must be loving that interview. Look, more of a car crash then me!

I liked him looking at the graphs which seem to be the sort that a 10 year old knocks up in primary school biology to show how much the plants have grown in a week rather than the socio-economic catastrophe of a global pandemic and even then he clearly hasn’t got a clue.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

This just gets more and more bizarre!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53633315

BillMC

‘We’re last, meaning we’re first’
    Lewis Carroll, Edward Lear, Saki, or William Burroughs?
    He occupies a very parallel universe, at the centre of which is Him.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I thought it was a parody too, was studying the lip syncing and thinking the interviewer was a bit OTT. Then it dawned on me…

oikeith

I saw a highlight clip and thought it was deep fake to start with before it dawned on me it was an actual interview, will watch the full carcrash later!

BillMC

It says a lot about American journalism when he’s been exposed by an Aussie.

crazy-legs

It says a lot about American journalism when he’s been exposed by an Aussie.

Journos know that if they’re rude to him / about him they lose all the interview rights, lose the invitations to press conferences, the trips with him on Air Force One or to another golf course.

So even the left-leaning media play nicely in order to keep their access.

Similar but less obvious here to be honest. Boris got away with doing all the easy populist interviews in his election campaign, was deliberately kept away from anything or anyone who might be difficult or controversial.

thelawman

It would be refreshing nonetheless to have one of them stand up one day and just say, “Mr President, just what in the name of God are you prattling on about?” (Or words to that effect) Whoever did it might get dismissed by the news org they worked for at that moment, but surely they’d not have to wait long for a good job offer from another one.

fasthaggis

I liked him looking at the graphs which seem to be the sort that a 10 year old knocks up in primary school biology to show how much the plants have grown in a week rather than the socio-economic catastrophe of a global pandemic and even then he clearly hasn’t got a clue.

That was nuts,and they had him siting on a tiny chair.
    It was like a dumb hippo perched on a bucket.

Jamze

His response when asked about John Lewis surely must make him unsupportable by anybody? Refusing to say anything positive about a civil-rights legend – because he didn’t like him.

JL boycotted Bush’s inauguration too, but Bush spoke at his funeral.

tjagain

Bushs speech at the funeral was very good – to paraphrase ” we disagreed about many things but he was a man of integrity and disagreements happen in democracies”

butcher

It comes to something when we’re making comparisons with Bush as something to aspire to.

tomhoward

It comes to something when we’re making comparisons with Bush as something to aspire to.

Remember how stupid we thought he was? Halcyon days…

kelvin

Refusing to say anything positive about a civil-rights legend – because he didn’t like him.

It’s more than that. He has to signal to his base that civil-rights are a bad thing, and white supremacy is justified. See also…

…it’s all about reframing things as “giving them a chance to work”, rather than, “allowing them equal status and rights”… and that version of “doing more for the Black community” goes down well both with his white supremacist supporters (getting Black people working hard, they can get behind that) and others who support him and view everything in terms of earning money, and nothing else, including his small but electorally vital base of ecomonically right wing black and hispanic supporters.

kelvin

I’m increasingly expecting him to win again… despite the medical emergency showing him well out of depth… his base won’t care, the states will take the blame.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

His response when asked about John Lewis surely must make him unsupportable by anybody?

Unsupportable by anyone that agrees with you? Maybe.

mehr
    Free Member

A couple of journalists have been investigating his Scottish investments and they’re convinced all roads lead there

darthpunk
    Free Member

Just read the Mother Jones article above and this stood out:

Martyn McLaughlin, a Glasgow-based reporter for the Scotsman newspaper, discovered that in 2008 Trump approached a Scottish bank asking for a $63 million loan to buy and renovate a historic hotel in Edinburgh overlooking the final hole of St. Andrews, the most famous golf course in the world.

Either Donald Trump is extremely dumb (obviously meant rhetorically) or that’s a pretty tall hotel with a fairly powerful telescope

akira

It could be a very long hotel.

somafunk

Bigly hotel, very bigley indeed!

BillMC

From the twittersphere:

Zoë McLaren, PhD @ZoeMcLaren

Deaths as a proportion of cases tells you how deadly the virus is. Deaths as a proportion of the population tells you how deadly the Trump administration is.

CountZero

It was like a dumb hippo perched on a bucket.

Now that’s funny!

Poopscoop

He constantly outdoes himself.

How is that even possible?

somafunk

Veep does trump

DrJ

I watched this thinking it would be funny but in fact it was just deeply depressing so I couldn’t get past half way.

BigJohn

I was waiting for him to say this one goes up to eleven.

BillMC

What threw me was the expressions on the interviewers face, you normally only see that on over-acted middlebrow sit-coms. I think the US establishment by allowing that broadcast is gradually letting him down and out, even they’ve had enough. All of these episodes and all that violence, repression, I’ll be in absolutely no hurry to step a foot in that country even if I get the chance.

Kryton57

So, Trump is stirring up the Beirut incident to be a military attack, after “some very good generals identified the explosion as weapon based in origin”

He really is very dangerous.

joepud
    Free Member

the “I did more for the Black community than anybody with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln” comment was absolutely shocking. Sadly it seems like it was just a foot note in a car crash of an interview.

MoreCashThanDash

I think the US establishment by allowing that broadcast is gradually letting him down and out, even they’ve had enough

I think I’ve said before, but I think the GOP would ditch him if there was more time before the election. Are they setting him up to be removed for senility under that amendment?

How much coverage do these car crash interviews get over there though? Is it just foreigners who see them in all their glory?

dissonance

That was truly bizarre. How on earth did his staff decide that was the right chair for the job? Its the thing someone underhand would chose to make their opponent look a fool (and probably feel it too) not what you chose for yourself.

Pigface
    Free Member

Saw this scenario Trump loses election and leaves before handing over power, Pence becomes president for a short time but pardons Trump for crimes committed. Ford did the same for Nixon.

Don’t know if this is plausible

Viewing 40 posts - 17,401 through 17,440 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.