Home Forums Bike Forum Do you ever wish you could design your own riding gear?

• This topic has 48 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by mjsmke.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Do you ever wish you could design your own riding gear?
    GolfChick
    Free Member

I find endura are built for women who don’t actually ride bikes regularly. I have ‘I think’ excellent quads from riding bikes and no endura kit I’ve tried fits them, instead clothing slides down from the resistance between clothing and quad. I don’t want to look like I’m into emo music while riding my bike!

didnthurt

I’m a big fan of Gorewear’s cycle clothing, because:

• They offer three different fits (form fit, slim fit and regular fit)
    • Materials are very good
    • Construction is good
    • Logos are generally kept to a minimum
    • They often use chunky zips that last and can be used one handed (perfect for adjusting whilst riding)
    • Generally have minimalist design but do offer more vibrant colours or patterns.

Downsides are that they’re quite expensive and often change designs or rename/rebrand them with no clear reason why, sometimes for the worse IME.

deanfbm
    Free Member

I generally despise the fit, feel and goals with cycling clothing and moved more towards running and hiking gear.

I don’t want a high back and baggy knees on my trousers and shorts.

Give me dungarees.

I don’t want zips everywhere.

Give me a gilet with waterproof shoulders and back.

Give up on waterproof jackets.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Also, turn up to any trail center, popular riding or bpw, general mtb fashion is terrible in terms of looks.

hardtailonly

Anyone got any recommendations for a waterproof gilet and arm-warmers? (And I mean waterproof, not just DWR-coated ‘resistant’).

jkomo

My want was always long waterproof trousers with a high back and built in braces so no need to tighten at the waist,and let hot air out. Could they zip up to the knee to put pads on, insane. Could they flare at the bottom a bit to deflect water over the shoe, could they have a loop to clip onto the laces, could the shin be properly waterproof.
    Yes they could and they’d be £200 so I’m out.

matt_outandabout

Also, turn up to any trail center, popular riding or bpw, general mtb fashion is terrible in terms of looks.

“Unique” is how one of my colleagues described the ‘fashion’ on show at a DH race she found herself at by accident. And she’s a roadie…

bens
    Free Member

My want was always long waterproof trousers with a high back and built in braces so no need to tighten at the waist,and let hot air out. Could they zip up to the knee to put pads on, insane. Could they flare at the bottom a bit to deflect water over the shoe, could they have a loop to clip onto the laces, could the shin be properly waterproof.
    Yes they could and they’d be £200 so I’m out.

Madison DTE? They’re starting to show up on sale in various places. £140 is still a lot but based on everything else Madison I’ve used, I reckon they’re probably worth it. Being able to choose different leg lengths is worth paying for on its own.

There’s a POC alternative if you want to spend £400… They’re erm, not a subtle look though.

mjsmke

I’d design clipless shoes that are actually wide at the toes. Like Altra running shoes.

Also shorts that stop just above the knee for people who are not 7 foot tall.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.