Viewing 4 posts - 161 through 164 (of 164 total)
  • Did you go to University?
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

They didn’t do bricklaying courses at Oxford or Cambridge, so i went somewhere decent instead.

Edit, just remembered my teaching qualifications were done through a Uni, so technically ‘sort of’. 😕

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

BA and MA in Cultural Studies from East London (before half the staff jumped ship to Goldsmiths). Bits and pieces of research at Goldsmiths and Oxford Brookes, have lectured in Sociology at Keele and Oxford Brookes and Media Studies at Leeds Met. I’m now Senior Lecturer in Sociology at Derby and, for my sins, Assistant Head of Applied Social and Community Studies there.

The next few years are going to be interesting. It’s going to be very tough for most universities but it will probably be the mid-range ones who over-stretched themselves who suffer most. If anyone’s thinking of going then get signed up for September 2011 because most places will guarantee fixed range fees for the next three years for enrolled students but from September 2012 fees will be at the higher level (in some cases over double).

allyharp

Strathclyde uni, Immunology and Microbiology BSc. (Hons)
    Glasgow uni, Biological sciences (BSc)
    Glasgow Caledonian uni, PhD in Sensor technology/photonics
    Uni of the west of Scotland…job playing with sensors
    Im scared to enter the real world!

Or leaving Glasgow by the sounds of it! Are you from Glasgow?

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

Glaswegians are very parochial.

When I went to uni there I can remember an old Glaswegian saying to me that they are born there, study there, get married there and die there 😉

If I recall correctly the stats showed that something like 60% (maybe a bit more) of the students at Glasgow lived within 20 miles of the university.

Viewing 4 posts - 161 through 164 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘Did you go to University?’ is closed to new replies.